Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 15 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-12, 20:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
You know better. God, I'm being accused of dementia. Not very polite.
Well I figure it can't be your fault that your perspective and judgement are so bizarre. It must be beyond your control. You just can't help yourself.
Old 11-11-12, 20:23

Quote:
Exactly what are you accusing me of? Do I distort any facts or we see different races?
You simply forgot the incident in which I posted in response to your claim that Andy can't accelerate sharply in the mountains, or hasn't done so since 2009. I'd almost compare what happened on Tourmalet to Contador/Rassmussen in 2007. How do you surmise that I'm accusing you of anything?
Old 11-11-12, 20:23
Banned

Omg, Contador fan is teaching other rider's fan what it is bizarre and what is not...
Old 11-11-12, 20:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloin22 View Post
Froome is one of the humbliest guys there is indeed, at least in the peleton. Very friendly and all.
I never said my dislike of Froome was rational. I know as little of Froome as I know of any of the peleton. That is to say, I know nothing at all. I've never met any of them. Never will. My dislike is stupid and unfounded in any logic. But so is much of fandom.

And I still don't like watching his "style" on the bike. Ugly as sin. Truly.
Old 11-11-12, 20:38

Quote:
Omg, Contador fan is teaching other rider's fan what it is bizarre and what is not...
One person's bizarre is another's normal.
Old 11-12-12, 09:11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
Based on performances where he wasn't facing the best in the sport or even the best at their best? I suspect Froome is your # favorite because:
1. You've bailed on the Andy Good Ship Lollipop.
2. You're of the mindset of "anyone but Contador".
25 guys for Alien too. Syndrom of dementia? I gave Contador 35%. Is that so few?
Old 11-12-12, 12:24

Quote:
25 guys for Alien too. Syndrom of dementia? I gave Contador 35%. Is that so few?
The "demented" reference is about your uncontrollable hatred (and I don't mean in the casually used "hater" context often used is this forum) for Contador. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and many here may be selecting Froome mistakenly anticipating Saxo/Tinkoff not being invited to the Tour. Your reasoning for your selection is clear and I simply don't agree.
Old 11-12-12, 15:07
Banned

This is how I see the chances for the anniversary Tour.
I'm not convinced at all Wiggo won't defend the title. I think the Sky team will approach the race with two options and wait to see who has better chances. That should mean limited freedom for Froome in the Pyrenees and opportunity for Contador and Schleck to make advantage on Sky from Mont Ventoux stage, if Sky decides to support Wiggins after the Mont-Saint-Michel tt.
It's ideal route to eliminate Sky, as I see it. By the time they (Sky) realize that Froome has better chances - it could be too late for them.
Tactics is the area where Froome is disadvantaged. He's shown that in last Vuelta with irrational attacks in the first half of the race.
It's crucial for the Sky to enter the Tour with clear leader. Otherwise, their opponents have big chance to eliminate them before the second itt.

Last edited by serfla; 11-12-12 at 15:23.
Old 11-12-12, 15:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
This is how I see the chances for the anniversary Tour.
I'm not convinced at all Wiggo won't defend the title. I think the Sky team will approach the race with two options and wait to see who has better chances. That should mean limited freedom for Froome in the Pyrenees and opportunity for Contador and Schleck to make advantage on Sky from Mont Ventoux stage, if Sky decides to support Wiggins after the Mont-Saint-Michel tt.
It's ideal route to eliminate Sky, as I see it. By the time they (Sky) realize that Froome has better chances - it could be too late for them.
Tactics is the area where Froome is disadvantaged. He's shown that in last Vuelta with irrational attacks in the first half of the race.
It's crucial for the Sky to enter the Tour with clear leader. Otherwise, their opponents have big chance to eliminate them before the second itt.
It is always hard for me to imagine "clear, rigid " strategies for the Tour so many months in advance. While I can conceive of "constructing" the team in function of the route and the projected competition early, I think the day to day strategy is developed on the ground to address the spontaneous reality of the race as it happen. For example "crashes" in the first week have become at time more defining for the outcome then all the planning created in the months before. Take 2011 TDF. In my mind, the race was shaped by Contador's falls more than by his participation in the Giro before the tour. Had he no fallen, tired or not, the opposition would have to deal with a totally different strategy to defeat him
Old 11-12-12, 15:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
The "demented" reference is about your uncontrollable hatred (and I don't mean in the casually used "hater" context often used is this forum) for Contador. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and many here may be selecting Froome mistakenly anticipating Saxo/Tinkoff not being invited to the Tour. Your reasoning for your selection is clear and I simply don't agree.
Stop arguing with him it is hopeless