Who will win 2013 GIRO? - Page 26 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win 2013 GIRO?
Nibali 90 32.03%
Rodriguez 29 10.32%
Hesjedal 16 5.69%
Basso 9 3.20%
Wiggins 106 37.72%
Scarponi 2 0.71%
Others 29 10.32%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251  
Old 11-12-12, 13:07
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
Until proven otherwise Contador is simply the rider to beat when it comes to grand tours.
No problem. Only don't say when he loses that he is in bad shape and a winner simply got lucky.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 11-12-12, 13:40
movingtarget movingtarget is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
Many have mentioned the lack of form (or illness) of Evans in the 2012 Tour, Froome having the Tour in his legs for the 2012 Vuelta, and even Andy being a bit off form for the 2011 Tour. It's not just Contador that gets this benefit of the doubt. Credit was given to Purito having improved in every way with his Giro and Vuelta performances in 2012. I'm quite certain that Purito and Valverde (had he not lost the time from his crash early in the Vuelta) were and would've given Contador the scare of his life similar to the one he experienced from Andy when he pulled out his Tour win in the final ITT in
2010. I'm quite certain that if you reference the forum during those particular periods you will find sympathy shown for Evans and maybe for Gesink (but not from the Dutch who are harder on Gesink than anyone ).

Until proven otherwise Contador is simply the rider to beat when it comes to grand tours. Do you wonder why his is the first name generally mentioned when the predictions on who will win/contend are presented?
Of course he is the rider to beat. His record says so. But why excuses for some carry more weight than for others is just hard to take sometimes. Evans got absolutely hammered until he won the Worlds and then the criticism gradually cooled. Gesink cops it every time he races and not just by the Dutch. I can imagine what Gesink would have copped if he lost the Vuelta the way Rodriguez did. I am starting to feel the same way about Schleck. It's easy to kick someone when they are down. Schleck should not need extra motivation if he reads the papers and this forum. I would like to see all three of them do well in the Tour or at least turn up healthy and in good form.
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 11-12-12, 16:37
ILovecycling's Avatar
ILovecycling ILovecycling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
I dislike Velasco but sometimes the hate for him is extreme as it is with every other rider i suppose.
Why?

....
__________________
Alberto Contador fanboy
07-14-2014 The Day of wasted Hard Work
Vamos Colombia!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 11-12-12, 16:48
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
I dislike Velasco but sometimes the hate for him is extreme as it is with every other rider i suppose.
Thank you zam
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 11-12-12, 16:51
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
It's true of course. I am getting tired of the Contador propaganda. If he lost the Vuelta it would have been because of lack of racing but Froome did not get much sympathy for backing up and finishing the race when he could have pulled out at any time like others would have. Froome would have known after the first five days that he was not going to make the podium. Maybe the riders that beat Contador should be given more credit. It's impossible to be in peak form for every grand tour when sickness or injury can impact or riders can lose form for no reason at all. There was never much sympathy for Evans or Gesink when they failed but if Contador fails it's like a day of mourning, we should all wear black until the next grand tour ?
That's not true. The thing is that people see la Vuelta, Tour 2010, Tour 2011 as proof Alberto's lost it and all Hitch, Angliru etc are trying to do is make them realize that maybe it was just because Alberto wasn't at his best. Because when he is at his best, it is almost impossible to beat him. We saw that in 2009.
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 11-12-12, 16:59
cineteq's Avatar
cineteq cineteq is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 6,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
That's not true. The thing is that people see la Vuelta, Tour 2010, Tour 2011 as proof Alberto's lost it
I still believe it, and that'll be confirmed next year, once and for all.
__________________
Quote:
Ban team radios!
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 11-12-12, 16:59
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
I still believe it, and that'll be confirmed next year, once and for all.
Of course you can believe it I'm not too sure myself but don't say that those races are proof.
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 11-12-12, 17:12
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 22,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
It's true of course. I am getting tired of the Contador propaganda. If he lost the Vuelta it would have been because of lack of racing but Froome did not get much sympathy for backing up and finishing the race when he could have pulled out at any time like others would have. Froome would have known after the first five days that he was not going to make the podium. Maybe the riders that beat Contador should be given more credit. It's impossible to be in peak form for every grand tour when sickness or injury can impact or riders can lose form for no reason at all. There was never much sympathy for Evans or Gesink when they failed but if Contador fails it's like a day of mourning, we should all wear black until the next grand tour ?

what a bunch of bull****. everyone fully aknowledged froome was tired from the tour just like in 2010 everyone aknowledged evams was tired from the giro but there seems to exist nonetheless a special type ******* cycling fan who decides for himself what others think and then uses this imaginary world view to beat up on others.

if you have any honour whatsoever you should retract that shameful post at once.
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 11-12-12, 17:38
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Unhappy people. What ego one should have to get interest towards to something not because one really likes that, but just because one could put forward its stupid theories, enjoy oneself, offend and cry shame upon others. It's not about right or wrong. That is just democratic view of things, and vulnerable conceit of those who wants to see only its rider on the top, no matter how one tries to hide it.

At least now we know that the great forum philosopher sees the races like Little Flower.

I'm giving up.

We will polemize in spring.
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 11-12-12, 17:45
Zam_Olyas's Avatar
Zam_Olyas Zam_Olyas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grosvenor Square. Novacaine.
Posts: 7,598
Default

And my beloved Giro thread is turning into velasco,froome whatever talk. Fcuk off b!tches.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.