Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 16 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-12, 16:17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
The "demented" reference is about your uncontrollable hatred (and I don't mean in the casually used "hater" context often used is this forum) for Contador.
Wow, rating Contador lower than Froome for le Tour is hatred? Do you control yourself by saying this?
Quote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and many here may be selecting Froome mistakenly anticipating Saxo/Tinkoff not being invited to the Tour.
It's a very low estimation of forumities' awareness. Even an offensive one.

Oh, I remembered one more argument: a rider with one life cannot beat other rider with two in the Tour cos' we know what consequenses getting popped in France is fraught. Though, I won't be surprised if Contador bluffs to the bitter end. The guy truly has no fear. Being busted twice in the Tour would be a new cycling milestone. It would be an instant 5 year prison term

Last edited by airstream; 11-12-12 at 16:27.
Old 11-12-12, 17:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Wow, rating Contador lower than Froome for le Tour is hatred? Do you control yourself by saying this?It's a very low estimation of forumities' awareness. Even an offensive one.

Oh, I remembered one more argument: a rider with one life cannot beat other rider with two in the Tour cos' we know what consequenses getting popped in France is fraught. Though, I won't be surprised if Contador bluffs to the bitter end. The guy truly has no fear. Being busted twice in the Tour would be a new cycling milestone. It would be an instant 5 year prison term
You really can't deny that you hate the guy. You posted that you hope he burns in hell. My reference to your hatred has nothing to do with your predictions on his performance and everything to do with the obvious anger in your posts that are directed at him. I'm sure if I (or you or anyone else) took the time to go through your posts they could find at least 20 more that are fine examples of your hatred.

Last edited by Angliru; 11-12-12 at 17:57.
Old 11-12-12, 17:42

Quote:
You really can't deny that you hate the guy. You posted that you hope he burns in hell. My reference to your hatred has nothing to do with your predictions on his performance and everything to do with the obvious anger in your posts that are directed at him. I'm sure if I (or you or anyone else) took the time to go through your posts I could find at least 20 more that are fine examples of your hatred.
Yeah and he also said he thinks Alberto should get shot.
Old 11-12-12, 17:47
Banned

Quote:
You really can't deny that you hate the guy. You posted that you hope he burns in hell. My reference to your hatred has nothing to do with your predictions on his performance and everything to do with the obvious anger in your posts that are directed at him. I'm sure if I (or you or anyone else) took the time to go through your posts I could find at least 20 more that are fine examples of your hatred.
Meaningful part of my post is written in a facetious key about Andy, including black humor regarding Contador. All the more so to despise a guy for his strong intrusive doping stance is absolutely normal for a fan who is all for clean sport. Even it will be achieved with a complete substitution of present peloton.
Old 11-12-12, 18:18

All the Contador/Froome talk aside, is anyone giving Valverde a chance to win it?

His post-ban season was excellent, and he'll be even better next year, or at least that's what I'm expecting. The parcours is also very favourable, with fewer TT km's and of course some tough MTF's. He's also got a nice team of helpers with Costa, Quintana(assuming he'll make the Tour team, although I expect him in the Giro), Cobo and Szmyd and Movistar has done some good TTT's this year.

What do you guys think? I'm a bit surprised he doesn't get more than just my vote
Old 11-12-12, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
All the Contador/Froome talk aside, is anyone giving Valverde a chance to win it?

His post-ban season was excellent, and he'll be even better next year, or at least that's what I'm expecting. The parcours is also very favourable, with fewer TT km's and of course some tough MTF's. He's also got a nice team of helpers with Costa, Quintana(assuming he'll make the Tour team, although I expect him in the Giro), Cobo and Szmyd and Movistar has done some good TTT's this year.

What do you guys think? I'm a bit surprised he doesn't get more than just my vote
To win no maybe podium
Old 11-12-12, 19:20

Quote:

I think his 2012 Vuelta was his best grand tour performance of his career. He was much more steady overall than in 2009. His ITT is of course still a weakness but his climbing was pretty impressive. If he can maintain the same level of focus in the 2013 Tour as he displayed throughout the 2012 Vuelta he could be in for a podium spot. Now he benefited from the bonus seconds too and that won't be in play in the Tour unfortunately.
Old 11-12-12, 19:21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedelou View Post
It is always hard for me to imagine "clear, rigid " strategies for the Tour so many months in advance. While I can conceive of "constructing" the team in function of the route and the projected competition early, I think the day to day strategy is developed on the ground to address the spontaneous reality of the race as it happen. For example "crashes" in the first week have become at time more defining for the outcome then all the planning created in the months before. Take 2011 TDF. In my mind, the race was shaped by Contador's falls more than by his participation in the Giro before the tour. Had he no fallen, tired or not, the opposition would have to deal with a totally different strategy to defeat him
Of course it's problematic creating and predicting race strategies so many months in advance. But we're where we are - many months before the race, and we're talking about its outcome from this point of view.
The point is, as I've written in last paragraph, the Sky has to enter the race with defined leader, 100% prepared specially for the Tour.
And with hilly Corsican stages and TTT at the beginning of the race, I hope the crashes won't have so important role in shaping the anniversary Tour.
Old 11-12-12, 20:11

Quote:

Finaly good question .Im big fan of him so I hope for good result.Podium would be awesome plus spectacular stage(s) win and yellow jersey for couple of days.My bet is for Top5,but hope for podium.But I wish him gold from WC in Italy more than this .Im also looking forward to LBLmits His race all the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-12-12, 20:38
Banned

[QUOTE=airstream;1078419]Wow, rating Contador lower than Froome for le Tour is hatred? Do you control yourself by saying this?

Aaah Airstream,i see your dislike of Contador has resurfaced with a passion in this thread since our previous debate over AC/Froome. Just a simple adjustment for you to move a previously enjoyable escapade to a new location,then engage your usual blunt simple weapon to stir up trouble.Its a shame,alot of your other chat is quite interesting then it all degenerates into a "bait the Contador fans" game for you.Quite disappointing really.