Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-13-12, 02:15
Administrator

Its a professional shot, taken with a very wide angle lens, way more than a 28. Its also used diffused light (the silver umbrellas), light meters and all the lens settings. And post produced in pchop. Staged without a shadow of doubt.

Its was complete BS to suggest its provocative or upsetting, everyone has had a giggle, the media are making fun of him as a has been, and there are numerous humerous chop jobs like mine. In fact the picture frames are like a red rag to a bull for chopping. It has not achieved any desired result other than make him out to be even more deranged than previously suspected, certainly in the public eye.

Which begs the question, why bother?
Old 11-13-12, 02:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by autologous View Post
Burke continued :

"So, our first instinct was to have our Congressman, Sensenbrenner, attack the fine folks at USADA. When that failed, we really had no other choice. If only the public smearing of USADA had worked a little better and that ******* McCain didn't trump Sensenbrennerr's complaints with his support. Maybe we could have dragged this oput long enough to shut it down and we wouldn't be where we are today. Ah, if only... As I said, agonizing."
It would be even funnier if there was no truth in it, so agonising.
Old 11-13-12, 02:46

He IS a total tool.
No question
Old 11-13-12, 03:34

Armstrong is like Hitler in the Fuhrerbunker.
Old 11-13-12, 04:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner29 View Post
Armstrong is like Hitler in the Fuhrerbunker.
I'd say that the postwar analogy is much the better one. The "forget the past" approach is an approach taken by a lot of the Continent after the war. The UCI folks appropriate that approach for their own promotional purposes.

I'd put Armstrong in the place of the "willing accomplices" after the war--uncertain of his place in a very different world.

But that, of course, is taking sport way too seriously.
Old 11-13-12, 04:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
It would take a total Tool to have a display like that in your house. That's like the aged supermodel that has nude shots of themselves above their fireplace...exactly like that. The models usually acknowledge they were plastic but they did it to level the posing field with younger poseurs.
...]
I have a room in the basement where I keep my bikes, bike clothes, etc. and I have some shelves in there where I have a bunch of cycling trophies I've won, and also have my yearly race numbers pinned to the wall. Does that make me a tool?

If I had a giant mansion AND had won the yellow jersey at the Tour de France I'm pretty sure I'd probably frame it and put it on the wall too.
Old 11-13-12, 04:55
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverrocket View Post
...If I had a giant mansion AND had stolen the yellow jersey at the Tour de France I'm pretty sure I'd probably frame it and put it on the wall too.
Fixed it for ya. Free of charge
Old 11-13-12, 05:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
Fixed it for ya. Free of charge
Thanks. A tool is a tool at heart and I'm sure Lance's house has lots of mirrors, too.
Old 11-13-12, 11:13

good article at SBN, the title alone says it all: Lance Armstrong – time to take out the trash
Quote:
Lance Armstrong once symbolized hope to hundreds of millions of people, a person everyone wanted to meet once in their lifetime. Lance Armstrong was never that person. The real Lance Armstrong walks away from the foundation he created and posts a pictures that serves to insult the intelligence of the millions who once believed in him. Lance Armstrong is the ugly American.
just for sh*t and giggles, i decided to check his Facebook page and, yup, it's still there:
Quote:
Athlete
7-time Tour de France winner, full time cancer fighter - LIVESTRONG!

Last edited by thirteen; 11-13-12 at 11:15.
Old 11-13-12, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
good article at SBN, the title alone says it all: Lance Armstrong – time to take out the trash

just for sh*t and giggles, i decided to check his Facebook page and, yup, it's still there:
This is so classic you have to appreciate the humor. The Emperor, literally, wears no clothes and everyone realizes it but him.

Dave.

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"