Andy Schleck Discussion thread. - Page 251 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 10-25-12, 03:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contadoraus Schlecks View Post
I believe the crap year he has experienced will only make Andy stronger, both mentally and physically.
We can only hope that is the case!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Old 10-25-12, 06:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwibus View Post
As far as I know both Frank and Andy are suffering from mental problems right now. I'm not talking about their mentality.
The only mental or mentality problem Andy is probably suffering from now is a greatly increased desire to win.
Old 10-25-12, 13:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugdog View Post
The only mental or mentality problem Andy is probably suffering from now is a greatly increased desire to win.
Considering Franks situation I believe they both have more on their minds at the moment....

Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Old 10-25-12, 14:58

I think Andy's gonna get owned in the Tour. I can't see him beating Froome, Contador or even JRod now(since he's surpassed him).

Last edited by rzombie1988; 10-25-12 at 15:53.
Old 10-25-12, 17:16

He will need to show a huge improvement. Maybe its time to race more than 20 days in July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
Old 10-25-12, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contadoraus Schlecks View Post
Andy not invited on stage at the TDF presentation. I believe the crap year he has experienced will only make Andy stronger, both mentally and physically. He is IMHO the the biggest threat to contador.

Does anyone else believe that he can do it next year?
I hope that should wake him up. Even Tejay and Froome are hailed as the next big thing and got invited to TDF stage presentation. I know it's not a big deal. But coming from a huge talent like his, and seeing his presence is reduced to a footnote, probably would annoy him a bit. Andy got huge talent but he hasn't won any GT yet (on the road). Sky seems to be running the world now (with their expressive win through out this year), and I'm hoping Andy can chip in (with contador) to make every TDF win for sky a lot more meaningful...
Old 10-26-12, 12:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelantik View Post
I hope that should wake him up. Even Tejay and Froome are hailed as the next big thing and got invited to TDF stage presentation. I know it's not a big deal. But coming from a huge talent like his, and seeing his presence is reduced to a footnote, probably would annoy him a bit. Andy got huge talent but he hasn't won any GT yet (on the road). Sky seems to be running the world now (with their expressive win through out this year), and I'm hoping Andy can chip in (with contador) to make every TDF win for sky a lot more meaningful...
He was so good in 2010 but now others have taken the spotlight from him like Nibali and Froome. He has plenty of ground to make up. I am starting to think he is not mentally tough enough but I hope he can return to his 2010 form.
Old 11-13-12, 11:35

Andy in 2012:

Trofeo Palma (97 °, 1 full day), Tour Oman (32 º, 6 days), Paris-Nice (no exit at the 3rd stage, 2 days), Volta Catalunya (drop in stage 3, two days), Circuit Sarthe (22 °, 4 days), Amstel Gold Race (91 º, 1 day), Fleche Wallonne (81 °, 1 day), Liege (50th, one day), Criterium Dauphiné (drop in stage 6, 6 days), Binche-Tournai-Binche (abandonment), Tour of Beijing (abandoned in the 5th stage, 4 days).
http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=57146
Old 11-13-12, 22:38

I predict Andy to lose time in every TDU stage except for the Wilunga one, where he shall attavk at the bottom, then get caught and pipped at the finish.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

Quote:Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon......"
Old 11-13-12, 23:31
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzombie1988 View Post
I think Andy's gonna get owned in the Tour. I can't see him beating Froome, Contador or even JRod now(since he's surpassed him).
Thank you for the laugh of the evening