Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 17 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-12, 20:52
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
All the Contador/Froome talk aside, is anyone giving Valverde a chance to win it?

His post-ban season was excellent, and he'll be even better next year, or at least that's what I'm expecting. The parcours is also very favourable, with fewer TT km's and of course some tough MTF's. He's also got a nice team of helpers with Costa, Quintana(assuming he'll make the Tour team, although I expect him in the Giro), Cobo and Szmyd and Movistar has done some good TTT's this year.

What do you guys think? I'm a bit surprised he doesn't get more than just my vote
I don't see him winning with Contador, Froome, and others. Now that he has a GT in his legs I think he could get in the top 5 or maybe a podium. Is it a sure thing that he will do the tour? I actually think it might be better for him to go for the win in the Vuelta and then carry his Vuelta form into worlds.
Old 11-12-12, 21:42

Purito dreaming of TdF 2013.
Who would have thought?

"Después del doblete Giro-Vuelta las dos últimas temporadas, el líder del Katusha cree que no debe dejar pasar la oportunidad de correr el Tour 2013. "Yo espero correrlo. Ahora en diciembre nos juntamos con todo el equipo de concentración en Italia y vamos a hablarlo. Pero espero que sí porque es muy difícil tener otro Tour con tanta montaña"

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=57120
Old 11-12-12, 22:14
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Pero espero que sí porque es muy difícil tener otro Tour con tanta montaña"
lol wtf?

Anyway,
how many contradicting interviews will we read until next April?

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
Old 11-12-12, 22:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshnar View Post
lol wtf?

Anyway,
how many contradicting interviews will we read until next April?
Who knows, in the end maybe KAT has the final say anyway.
Old 11-13-12, 02:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post

Oh, I remembered one more argument: a rider with one life cannot beat other rider with two in the Tour cos' we know what consequenses getting popped in France is fraught. Though, I won't be surprised if Contador bluffs to the bitter end. The guy truly has no fear. Being busted twice in the Tour would be a new cycling milestone. It would be an instant 5 year prison term
WHEN are you going to take your CRAP to the Clinic where it belongs?????????
You just Can't follow the rules can you????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 11-13-12, 02:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
All the Contador/Froome talk aside, is anyone giving Valverde a chance to win it?

His post-ban season was excellent, and he'll be even better next year, or at least that's what I'm expecting. The parcours is also very favourable, with fewer TT km's and of course some tough MTF's. He's also got a nice team of helpers with Costa, Quintana(assuming he'll make the Tour team, although I expect him in the Giro), Cobo and Szmyd and Movistar has done some good TTT's this year.
(
I think he could do very well, but probably not the win (I would say only Shleck, Contador, Froome and Nibali could), though Samu, Evans, TJVG, JROD, Pinot, Rolland and Valverde can all podium/ challenge. However he will be hurt by the lack of bonus seconds and the ITT's shall still play a part.

Hopefully Intxausti and Capecchi could also ride. It is a pity Kyrienka is leaving, his mountain train would have been awesome.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

Quote:Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon......"

Last edited by greenedge; 11-13-12 at 02:59.
Old 11-13-12, 08:06

valverde is considerably less strong than contador and purito so he doesn't even stand a chance of podiuming.
Old 11-13-12, 09:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Purito dreaming of TdF 2013.
Who would have thought?

"Después del doblete Giro-Vuelta las dos últimas temporadas, el líder del Katusha cree que no debe dejar pasar la oportunidad de correr el Tour 2013. "Yo espero correrlo. Ahora en diciembre nos juntamos con todo el equipo de concentración en Italia y vamos a hablarlo. Pero espero que sí porque es muy difícil tener otro Tour con tanta montaña"

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=57120
No surprise, really. I hope the folks at Katusha realize that Menchov is done, Clinic issues or not. Their Tour squad was a joke, which obviously reflects poorly on the sponsor.
Old 11-13-12, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenedge View Post
I think he could do very well, but probably not the win (I would say only Shleck, Contador, Froome and Nibali could), though Samu, Evans, TJVG, JROD, Pinot, Rolland and Valverde can all podium/ challenge. However he will be hurt by the lack of bonus seconds and the ITT's shall still play a part.

Hopefully Intxausti and Capecchi could also ride. It is a pity Kyrienka is leaving, his mountain train would have been awesome.
Can't see Valverde making the podium. As we have seen before Vuelta performances rarely have a parallels in the Tour even though I thought he did really well in the Vuelta. I think the Vuelta is the only grand tour he could win now or even podium.
Old 11-13-12, 14:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
Can't see Valverde making the podium. As we have seen before Vuelta performances rarely have a parallels in the Tour even though I thought he did really well in the Vuelta. I think the Vuelta is the only grand tour he could win now or even podium.
Well, I just hope he can get at least one decent shot at the Tour podium before the end of his career, something he hasn't been able to do since 2008. And now with a full season of racing in his legs I believe he can.

Btw which British riders were in the podium of this year's Tour and the 2011 Vuelta? And if Vuelta performances don't have many parallels with the Tour I'm wondering why Froome isn't first in this poll, with the Vuelta being probably his last GT before next year's Tour? Cobo's just a bad reference, Valverde has proven to be a much more consistent top 10 rider in GT, podiuming in 2 out of his last 3 GT's.