"Unfortunately I never doped" : Benoît Joachim - Page 5 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-12-12, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
It is rumoured
OK, thanks
Old 11-12-12, 20:57

Who cares?

The only reason I can see sexual preference being discussed is to somehow to discredit the entire thread.

Dave.

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
Old 11-13-12, 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
He did test positive. For nandrolone (steroids). His national fed let him off with a lame excuse that I don't recall. I think it was something to do with the time between when the A and B samples were tested.
quite possibly he didn't dope seriously until the nandrolon thing and was an "accident"(nandrolon is bull**** product anyway) that made him too afraid to really dope afterwards and or work with ferrari. what I remember of joachim is his hatred for bruyneel and him saying one time: "bruyneels greatest assett is that he's a great liar." he was 100% spot on, on that one.

also he's full of **** when he says he was as good as hamilton when he started. one look at results prooves otherwise. unless I forgot a 12th place in the tour by joachim.

still in early usps tour years only the climbers got dope. so joachim might be right there as I think he only did the tour in the earlier years few times.

Last edited by Ryo Hazuki; 11-13-12 at 11:38.
Old 11-13-12, 11:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by del1962 View Post
I guess that depends if you can dope without any harm to your long term health
well guys like gianetti, ugrumov and riis are still alive and healthy, so I wouldn't worrie about that and I doubt any rider ever worried about that
Old 11-13-12, 11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
I understand he's reasoning, and I don't have a moral issue. But he's arguments are too weak not to have doped, and he seems to be the guy who loves money. Thus what he says doesn't make sense based on what he is. Translation he was a donkey and he didn't improve enough with doping like the others, and Ferrari probably didn't bother having him on a program. And now he's trying to look like a victim of the system by saying he should've doped.
again you are missing the point completely. him being in love with money is a good reaosn for not doping as it cost him money to be with ferrari
Old 11-13-12, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
well guys like gianetti, ugrumov and riis are still alive and healthy, so I wouldn't worrie about that and I doubt any rider ever worried about that
These guys are just now hitting or approaching their 50s. It's way too early to tell.
Old 11-13-12, 12:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
Dunno. How many of the EPO-fueled riders have had knee surgery? Quite a few, IIRC.
Old 11-13-12, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjanh View Post
Dunno. How many of the EPO-fueled riders have had knee surgery? Quite a few, IIRC.
I had knee surgery. How come I missed out on the EPO connection?

Dave.

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
Old 11-13-12, 20:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjanh View Post
and how many non epo users have had knee surgery? even more