U.S. Politics - Page 495 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 11-13-12, 14:31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala Verde View Post
As the NY reports: "Later, the agent became convinced — incorrectly, the official said — that the case had stalled. Because of his “worldview,” as the official put it, he suspected a politically motivated cover-up to protect President Obama,"

Read crackpot wingnut. And he has a job at the FBI... Too bad the government can hardly fire people, so'll he'll be promoted to a position where he won't bother anyone.
I am betting that this agent will soon be in a world of hurt. The FBI investigating the head of the CIA is one of the most sensitive investigations imaginable. They cannot have agents leaking information about such a thing. He was leaking at about the same time the FBI was interviewing Petraeus, maybe a little before.
Old 11-13-12, 15:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala Verde View Post
And now the FBI was reading Kelley's emails to investigate the case, and they find thousands of emails between herself and general Allen the commanding officer in Afghanistan. Seriously. Is she dumb, she didn't expect that to come out? Or is she hoping to write a tell-it all book about all her affairs with the jetset of the military [update: the fact that she surrounded herself with lawyers and a PR firm from the getgo, probably suggests there is more to come] haha.

Great entertainment.
And what is the role of mr. Kelley in this story? Is he really the cuckold to beat all cuckolds? Jesus, his wife has affairs with an FBI officer, an army general, and the head of the CIA, all at the same time. Talk about an attraction to powerful men.
Old 11-13-12, 15:10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
And what is the role of mr. Kelley in this story? Is he really the cuckold to beat all cuckolds? Jesus, his wife has affairs with an FBI officer, an army general, and the head of the CIA, all at the same time. Talk about an attraction to powerful men.
On Slowtwitch someone wrote this:

"Jill Kelley and her husband are both swingers out of the Tampa area. Good friend of mine knows them. He allowed her to take trips to suck the Army brass C & B. Just like female groupies the US Military stars and stripes have their pieces of *** also chasing them. Power,money and uniforms.

Paula Dean Kranz Broadwell's nick name in the class of 1995 West Point was "Bunker Buster".

I have no idea whether it is true. A big can of worms might be about to be opened. What if Jill Kelley is involved with multiple top level military men. General Allen's Senate confirmation, which was scheduled for Thursday, is currently on hold because of his emails to Kelley.
Old 11-13-12, 15:16
Administrator

Sorry that darned map was so big. But I wanted to show just how purple the country was, and not a red/white divide like we're so often pushed to by pundits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
In response to this question; What was the last grade of school you completed?
Doesn't mean squat. Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Sheldon Adeson, Phil Ruffin, John Paul DeJoria, many other intelligent and successful people never got through college. Thomas Edison and George Eastman never made it through grade school. Albert Einstein dropped out of prep school due to boredom (though later graduated from a polytech school). Billionaire Sean Parker (Napster, Facebook, etc.) recommends skipping college all together in today's day and age. "Google your education and start your own business," he says.
Old 11-13-12, 15:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
On Slowtwitch someone wrote this:

"Jill Kelley and her husband are both swingers out of the Tampa area. Good friend of mine knows them. He allowed her to take trips to suck the Army brass C & B. Just like female groupies the US Military stars and stripes have their pieces of *** also chasing them. Power,money and uniforms.

Paula Dean Kranz Broadwell's nick name in the class of 1995 West Point was "Bunker Buster".

I have no idea whether it is true. A big can of worms might be about to be opened. What if Jill Kelley is involved with multiple top level military men. General Allen's Senate confirmation, which was scheduled for Thursday, is currently on hold because of his emails to Kelley.
I thought Allen was being replaced anyway not confirmed?

Somewhere right here right now ....BILL CLINTON is ****ed right the **** off! He has memo's going out asking why was he left out of this???????
Old 11-13-12, 15:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
A mathmatical impossibility. But Velo will tell you there is no such thing as voter fraud on the left.
Why in the world would it be a mathematical impossibility?? Most voting districts are pretty small, couple hundred to a few thousand people at most, some only a handful - one of the ones under question in Philly had 633 people with zero registered Republicans. I'd be more shocked if Romney actually did get a single vote in any of those districts.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-11-1...asha-issenberg

Quote:
In a city with 1,687 of the ward subsets known as divisions, each with hundreds of voters, 59 is about 3.5 percent of the total.

In some of those divisions, it's not only Romney supporters who are missing. Republicans in general are nearly extinct. Take North Philadelphia's 28th Ward, third division, bounded by York, 24th, and 28th Streets and Susquehanna Avenue. About 94 percent of the 633 people who live in that division are black. Seven white residents were counted in the 2010 census.

In the entire 28th Ward, Romney received only 34 votes to Obama's 5,920.

Although voter registration lists, which often contain outdated information, show 12 Republicans live in the ward's third division, The Inquirer was unable to find any of them by calling or visiting their homes.

Four of the registered Republicans no longer lived there; four others didn't answer their doors. City Board of Elections registration data say a registered Republican used to live at 25th and York Streets, but none of the neighbors across the street Friday knew him. Cathy Santos, 56, founder of the National Alliance of Women Veterans, had one theory: "We ran him out of town!" she said and laughed.

James Norris, 19, who lives down the street, is listed as a Republican in city data. But he said he's a Democrat and voted for Obama because he thinks the president will help the middle class.

A few blocks away, Eric Sapp, a 42-year-old chef, looked skeptical when told that city data had him listed as a registered Republican. "I got to check on that," said Sapp, who voted for Obama.

Eighteen Republicans reportedly live in the nearby 15th Division, according to city registration records. The 15th has the distinction of pitching two straight Republican shutouts - zero votes for McCain in 2008, zero for Romney on Tuesday. Oh, and 13 other city divisions did the same thing in 2008 and 2012.

Three of the 15th's registered Republicans were listed as living in the same apartment, but the tenant there said he had never heard of them. The addresses of several others could not be found.

On West Albert Street, Duke Dunston says he knows he's a registered Republican, but he's never voted for one.

Many parts of Philadelphia and other big cities simply lack Republican voters, a fact of campaigning that has been true since Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal, Stanford University's Rodden said.

In 2008, McCain got zero votes in 57 Philadelphia voting divisions. That was a big increase from 2004, when George W. Bush was blanked in just five divisions.
Here in DC, where there's a sizeable white population in the District itself, the final tally was 91%-7% or something like that in favor of Obama. I guarantee you that there were a couple of areas here where Romney got no more than a handful of votes at the very most and quite probably zero. I also guarantee you that there are areas in the heart of red states like Utah or Idaho where Obama got maybe a handful of votes or zero votes as well. Also voter fraud?

But oh hey look, Black Panthers.

Last edited by VeloCity; 11-13-12 at 15:39.
Old 11-13-12, 15:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpe d'Huez View Post
Sorry that darned map was so big. But I wanted to show just how purple the country was, and not a red/white divide like we're so often pushed to by pundits.
Alpe I honestly think you underestimate the strength of the republican base to be found in rural, bread-basket America; in the "heartland" that is, where conservative values and more provincial education is simply embedded in the culture. Whereas it is clearly the case that among university graduates in the big East coast-West coast metropolises, a liberal bias tends to prevail.

As to the map, its complexities would certainly demonstrate a more nuanced picture, although how much red is in the purple vs. the blue is difficult to say.

Let's, though, take Philly as an example, where a majority democratic vote was had. By contrast in rural Pennsylvania, from Lancaster county to the shores of Lake Erie, its republican all the way.

In any case the left strongholds are clearly in the big coastal cities. The belly of America, however, to whichever degree of hue, is clearly in the red.
Old 11-13-12, 15:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Wilson View Post

Somewhere right here right now ....BILL CLINTON is ****ed right the **** off! He has memo's going out asking why was he left out of this???????

I await the first calls for Obama's impeachment on the grounds that as POTUS he is personally responsible for ensuring that 'his' top brass keep it zipped at all times.

Do we have a presumed timetable yet for the prospective retirement of one or more justices?
Old 11-13-12, 16:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloCity View Post
Why in the world would it be a mathematical impossibility?? Most voting districts are pretty small, couple hundred to a few thousand people at most, some only a handful - one of the ones under question in Philly had 633 people with zero registered Republicans. I'd be more shocked if Romney actually did get a single vote in any of those districts.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-11-1...asha-issenberg

Here in DC, where there's a sizeable white population in the District itself, the final tally was 91%-7% or something like that in favor of Obama. I guarantee you that there were a couple of areas here where Romney got no more than a handful of votes at the very most and quite probably zero. I also guarantee you that there are areas in the heart of red states like Utah or Idaho where Obama got maybe a handful of votes or zero votes as well. Also voter fraud?

But oh hey look, Black Panthers.

59 voting districts, not a single Romney vote. Happens all the time.

Defend at any and all cost.

No fraud here... nothing to see.
Old 11-13-12, 16:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpe d'Huez View Post

Doesn't mean squat. Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Sheldon Adeson, Phil Ruffin, John Paul DeJoria, many other intelligent and successful people never got through college. Thomas Edison and George Eastman never made it through grade school. Albert Einstein dropped out of prep school due to boredom (though later graduated from a polytech school). Billionaire Sean Parker (Napster, Facebook, etc.) recommends skipping college all together in today's day and age. "Google your education and start your own business," he says.
I like the purple map, shows we have much more in common than most here actually admit to.

The second part of your post is interesting, why do those on the left (Dems specifically) always pull the most educated demographic card......you can't argue both sides of the coin. I think Education can't always be equated to intelligence.

Education, without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
C.S. Lewis