Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 18 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-12, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
valverde is considerably less strong than contador and purito so he doesn't even stand a chance of podiuming.
Less strong than Contador, but more consistent than J-Rod. J-Rod seems to always have one or two bad days in every GT. Valverde was certainly the third strongest in the Vuelta for most of the days, but had it where it counted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
Old 11-13-12, 18:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustienordic View Post
Less strong than Contador, but more consistent than J-Rod. J-Rod seems to always have one or two bad days in every GT. Valverde was certainly the third strongest in the Vuelta for most of the days, but had it where it counted.
and the third strongest in the vuelta imo doesn't stand a chance to win or podium the tour under normal circumstances
Old 11-13-12, 18:41

Quote:
and the third strongest in the vuelta imo doesn't stand a chance to win or podium the tour under normal circumstances
Do you think that Nibali and Frank S.were better GT riders in 2011 resp.2012 than Alejandro is nowadays?I think he can be on podium even under normal circumstances.
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-13-12, 18:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Do you think that Nibali and Frank S.were better GT riders in 2011 resp.2012 than Alejandro is nowadays?I think he can be on podium even under normal circumstances.
They were / are better TDF riders for sure.

The Vuelta is a different kind of "Grand Tour." Guys like Intxausti can finish in the top 10 there.
Old 11-13-12, 19:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
that's why I said under normal circumstances. nibali was lucky this years tour field was horrible and frank was lucky that last year everyone crashed out
Old 11-13-12, 20:48

Quote:
that's why I said under normal circumstances. nibali was lucky this years tour field was horrible and frank was lucky that last year everyone crashed out
Ok,I understand
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-13-12, 22:22

Valverde will be in the mix. He's better than Nibali and Frank Schleck when he's in shape. Nibali is perhaps the most overrated rider at the moment.

Andrea Noč on Di Luca, "Il Killer di Spoltore"
Old 11-13-12, 23:27
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
Valverde will be in the mix. He's better than Nibali and Frank Schleck when he's in shape. Nibali is perhaps the most overrated rider at the moment.
Hmm. Not sure about Frank. But a fit Valverde is in the mix no doubt. Don't agree about Nibs being overrated. He was the only rider to try and take on Sky TDF 2012 and go and watch some of his rides in Giro 2011.

Nibs: 1st, 2nd(3rd) and 3rd in a GT in consecutive years (Vuelta, Giro, TDF) is pretty impressive stuff to me
Old 11-14-12, 00:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
couldn't agree more. remind me of early years of kreuziger, perhaps even worse is nibali's hype.
Old 11-14-12, 01:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman View Post
Hmm. Not sure about Frank. But a fit Valverde is in the mix no doubt. Don't agree about Nibs being overrated. He was the only rider to try and take on Sky TDF 2012 and go and watch some of his rides in Giro 2011.

Nibs: 1st, 2nd(3rd) and 3rd in a GT in consecutive years (Vuelta, Giro, TDF) is pretty impressive stuff to me
You think a fresh Nibali could have matched Contador, Rodriguez, and Valverde in the Vuelta? I don't. He couldn't even drop Wiggins.

Andrea Noč on Di Luca, "Il Killer di Spoltore"