Sky - Page 870 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-13-12, 23:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
Sky are aligning these dots through the back door, possibly.

Some time ago someone said if Sky could get endorsed by Lemond it would put some of the suspicion to rest and unfortunately, I agree.

Rapha are now sponsoring Sky for clothing.

August 30th, 2012: http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/r...s_at_team_sky/

It was announced recently that Greg Lemond is getting involved with Rapha Continental - can't tell what that is exactly. Just a feature or an ongoing thing? http://www.rapha.cc/rapha-continental-with-greg-lemond
I'm just genuinely interested in why Sky aren't endorsing LeMond at this critical time (not them getting endorsed by him).

Not meaning to insinuate anything, it's just that all the blood doping technicalia and destination speculation is wasted on me (although fascinating) and other questions spring to mind.

Thanks for the reply & links.
Old 11-14-12, 00:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post
Andy appears to not have the "inside story" as you seem to accept.

Kimmage was already with Sky before the Tour and it was arranged that he would follow them for the Tour. Yet team Sky pulled the deal. So he then requested that he be allowed talk to Michael Barry, Brailsford refused - which seems an odd thing to when you know that your rider has nothing to hide.

Garmin don't seem to have a problem with the a..hole.
'Tisn't true about Sky 'pulling the deal'. Kimmage did, though he blames Wiggins:

“It was Wiggins specifically who rejected it. I went over to Manchester, I sat down with Brailsford and everything was sorted. I hired a van specifically for the purpose of following them for the Tour,” he told VeloNation. “A day before I was to go to Amsterdam, Fran Millar called me and said there was a problem. I went to Amsterdam, sat down with them and Brailsford said, ‘basically, look, Wiggins is not happy. Is it okay if you pick up the team in eight days time?” I said ‘no, it is from the start or nothing,’ and that is where it was left."
Old 11-14-12, 00:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by postmanhat View Post
'Tisn't true about Sky 'pulling the deal'. Kimmage did, though he blames Wiggins:

“It was Wiggins specifically who rejected it. I went over to Manchester, I sat down with Brailsford and everything was sorted. I hired a van specifically for the purpose of following them for the Tour,” he told VeloNation. “A day before I was to go to Amsterdam, Fran Millar called me and said there was a problem. I went to Amsterdam, sat down with them and Brailsford said, ‘basically, look, Wiggins is not happy. Is it okay if you pick up the team in eight days time?” I said ‘no, it is from the start or nothing,’ and that is where it was left."
I read that recently too, and the whole "in 8 days time" business was new information.

And very peculiar, don't you think?

You've just posted it, with no comment, yet when you think about it. WTF difference does it make to Wiggins if it's from the start or 8 days later? Kimmage is still in your face, being abrassive, etc. Why not 5 days, or 10?

The race is won in the second 2 weeks, so what would it matter to Kimmage if he wasn't there for the first 8 days?

But look more closely at the Tour and how it was won. I find it strangely coincidental, given the above is easily disproved by Kimmage and is therefore most likely a true account of the conversation, that it was the 8th day where Wiggins grabbed the jersey. Not sure on the specifics, but it's almost as if they knew Wiggins would be in yellow in 8 day's time, defending rather than having to "win" per se, long before it even happened. (Doping conspiracy: "preparing" for that 8th stage would have happened on the 7th, a day before Kimmage actually comes on board.)

And Wiggins kept the jersey from that point forward, never having to "win" it back. I think they knew he would be able to do that too.

Interviewed: on the 11th, Pat knew Sky were going to be the overall winners, 11 days before the finish of the race.
Theory: before the start, Sky knew Wiggins was going to be in yellow, 8 days into the Tour. I also believe they knew he was going to keep the jersey.

I'm sure it's all just a magical cupcake pooping, unicorn-based coincidence.

Last edited by Dear Wiggo; 11-14-12 at 00:52.
Old 11-14-12, 01:01

Regardless of doping protocols, I just find it incredible that they KNEW Wiggins was going to be in Yellow on the 8th day, and having Kimmage around after that would not be a problem.

Doping and race fixing (with associated ASO/UCI complicity) are the ONLY guarantees for race performance.

Last edited by Dear Wiggo; 11-14-12 at 01:03.
Old 11-14-12, 01:48

Quote:
The race is won in the second 2 weeks, so what would it matter to Kimmage if he wasn't there for the first 8 days?

But look more closely at the Tour and how it was won. I find it strangely coincidental, given the above is easily disproved by Kimmage and is therefore most likely a true account of the conversation, that it was the 8th day where Wiggins grabbed the jersey. Not sure on the specifics, but it's almost as if they knew Wiggins would be in yellow in 8 day's time, defending rather than having to "win" per se, long before it even happened. (Doping conspiracy: "preparing" for that 8th stage would have happened on the 7th, a day before Kimmage actually comes on board.)
Quote:
Regardless of doping protocols, I just find it incredible that they KNEW Wiggins was going to be in Yellow on the 8th day, and having Kimmage around after that would not be a problem.
A very interesting theory let down by one small detail - The Kimmage incident was in 2010.

These pesky facts keep getting in your way, don't they?

Last edited by Parker; 11-14-12 at 01:50.
Old 11-14-12, 01:53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
"Here's 56 channels of American Gladiators."
That will keep him awake all night!
Old 11-14-12, 01:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
A very interesting theory let down by one small detail - The Kimmage incident was in 2010.

These pesky facts keep getting in your way, don't they?

My bad - kept thinking, as it's in the news so recently, that it was this year. Not 2 years ago.

It still seems strange to me though - why from the 8th day?

Last edited by Dear Wiggo; 11-14-12 at 02:00.
Old 11-14-12, 02:03

Quote:

Doping and race fixing (with associated ASO/UCI complicity) are the ONLY guarantees for race performance.
It would all have been extremely suspicious, except...it's the 2010 Tour that Kimmage is talking about.

The eight day delay is a bit odd perhaps if you're minded to go down that route. More likely is that Wiggins simply didn't like Kimmage much at the time, maybe still doesn't? Kimmage has since had his own back by stirring things up in the British gutter press
Old 11-14-12, 02:16
Banned

Quote:

Ah, the deal was that PK be allowed follow through the whole Tour, Sky said start on day 8 - thats called pulling the deal.

Quote:
It would all have been extremely suspicious, except...it's the 2010 Tour that Kimmage is talking about.

The eight day delay is a bit odd perhaps if you're minded to go down that route. More likely is that Wiggins simply didn't like Kimmage much at the time, maybe still doesn't? Kimmage has since had his own back by stirring things up in the British gutter press
Sounds like the "educated guess" that Andy made, before we found out that it wasn't educated.

Why would PKs personality have anything to do with it? No-one in Garmin had a problem - JV has even said PK is welcome back.
Was Pauls personality going to improve in 8 days - was it the time of the month or something?
Old 11-14-12, 03:01
Banned

My thoughts on this thread.

A lot of people thinking Sky are doping.
Many are suspicious.
Some are suspicious but want to see more evidence/proof

No one actually thinks they're clean.

That is telling.