Skins launch $2 million law suit against UCI - Page 9 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-14-12, 03:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Well, well, well, well...... what do we have here?

Skins now paying the legal services of those done over by the UCI

http://watercooler.skins.net/2012/11...ling-for-good/
Nice one. Call UCI hotline first, if no follow through call the SKINS hotline.

Seriously though, great idea. In fact better than the lawsuit itself IMHO. But suspect if I had something I would go to Kimmage first to discuss, rather than Skins. Although it helps that the 2 have same lawyer.

“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Old 11-14-12, 03:37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post

Seriously though, great idea. In fact better than the lawsuit itself IMHO. But suspect if I had something I would go to Kimmage first to discuss, rather than Skins. Although it helps that the 2 have same lawyer.
I wonder what McQuaid is thinking about all of these lawsuits.

He has the lawsuits and then he's got Hog threatening to blow the lid on the game.

Nervous nights. No sleep for Patrick.
Old 11-14-12, 04:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velodude View Post

The jury is out on whether compression clothing works or is just a fad. Maybe a prospective line of defense for poor financially distressed UCI.
My thoughts exactly. Pot, kettle, black and all that. Is each just perpetrating a fraud?
Old 11-14-12, 05:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
I wonder what McQuaid is thinking about all of these lawsuits.

He has the lawsuits and then he's got Hog threatening to blow the lid on the game.

Nervous nights. No sleep for Patrick.
Stand to be corrected but suspect no personal liabilities here. So worst case for Pat is a comfortable retirement. So no need for sleepless nights. It's all upside. And even better for Hein as he has even fewer years to go.

And likely scenario is that uncle Jaques will find a cosy spot for them somewhere.

Old 11-14-12, 08:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post

i put links to both an audio interview and an article/interview with Jaimie Fuller in the Kimmage thread that i highly recommend you (meaning anybody that gives a cr*p) listen to and read.

my bad that i didn't remember this thread or use the search function (there are just too many f**king threads right now!) and did not want to start a new one... i thought it appropriate at the time because they were using the same lawyer.

whatever, i think he is the real deal. and, i'm guessing, he would not hesitate to share any info with Kimmage, if it would better help Paul's case. this isn't about the money for him.
Old 11-14-12, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post

whatever, i think he is the real deal. and, i'm guessing, he would not hesitate to share any info with Kimmage, if it would better help Paul's case. this isn't about the money for him.
I am sure you are right he (Jamie) is the real deal, I have read his press releases. I think good on him, even though there is no denying if something comes from it the business exposure is beneficial within the competitive environment he's in and the market expansion potential the suit may bring as a result of simple media exposure. In addition, a wonderful thing to possibly be associated with the changing of the guard.

I just wish Rabo or some other major sponsor would follow suit pursuing a serious no confidence motion against UCI. Although timing is everything and the fat lady hasn't sung yet.