Vino bought the 2010 LBL? - Page 64 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-09-12, 00:11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
he had to be reassured because kolobnev hadn't been paid yet, for whatever reason
I don't know who would say "you did the right thing" as a way to reassure someone that they would get the money. If Vino was reassuring him that he would be paid he would say something like "don't worry the money will arrive."

I could keep talking about more places in the emails where it is clear that they are talking about the selling of the race but it wouldn't convince you anyways. Descender was right "There's none more blind than he who doesn't want to see." And Vino fans definitely don't want to see, Vino could commit genocide and vino fans would still support him. So unless you want to discuss a real issue here then I'm done trying to convince people.
Old 11-09-12, 01:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
If you mean cheating in the sense that it breaks the rules, then yes it is. And so is wearing a rain coat that isn't transparent or the same colour as your normal jersey. And so riding a saddle that is 279 mm long. And and and...

But it's more or less a victim-less crime (I say more or less because you might argue that the audience might feel "robbed of a true race", I personally think that is BS though). Kolobnev isn't a victim. He could have refused the deal. He probably accepted the deal because he thought he would have lost anyway.

Doping is (obviously) not a victim-less crime.
One can be tried in the court of criminal law, and it's usually not doping btw.

Kolobnev isn't a victim, if he accepted the bribe, he's just as liable to be banned as the person who offers the bribe. Who knows why he accepted the money. Is that even relevant? He accepted the money to not contest.
Old 11-09-12, 09:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Cancellara did not get booed in Flanders, I was there when Cancellara accelerated away from Boonen. Cancellara has his only fanclub in Flanders, please don't be so ignorant.
Never heard of drunken fans in Cyclo-cross? But allthough they attacked groenendaal most, they throw beer over fellow belgium guys to.
But tbh the Duthc guys on the Alpe dHuez are also infamous.
Old 11-09-12, 15:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
Never heard of drunken fans in Cyclo-cross? But allthough they attacked groenendaal most, they throw beer over fellow belgium guys to.
But tbh the Duthc guys on the Alpe dHuez are also infamous.
Every nation has its drunk idiots I suppose. Though I've seen beer thrown over lot's of Belgian cyclocross riders as well.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 11-14-12, 01:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
Yes, for instance, I've heard of a Dutch perhaps drunken (or not but whatever) fan punching Liboton in the stomach at the Worlds of Oss in 1984.

Not that I want to enter into a battle of wits between Dutchies and Belgians. I'm probably the biggest Netherlands lover among Belgians on this forum, perhaps due to the fact that I'm French-speaking.

Oh yeah, Vino was booed in Liège? Why? Because he was doper, of course? Do you really feel for him? Seriously?

You think he got booed because he won? But folks, I'm talking about the Vuelta stage finishing in Liège, in 2009. I was there. He got booed, and was far from winning that one. All right?

And do we have to be ashamed of ourselves about the clinic matter? I guess so, in some way but not more than any other nations. In the 90's when everybody was knocking it back in, our fellow countrymen were forced to move to Italy because there was no prospect of any of our rider becoming champion if they stayed here in Belgium. Hence there are things which we can be proud of.
Old 11-14-12, 12:07

that's why vdb was so loved there hypocrites (this is btw coming from one of the biggest vdb fans)
Old 11-14-12, 18:41

And THIS comes from the biggest VDB hater.

So think before accusing someone of hypocrisy.
Old 11-14-12, 19:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
What do terrible roads in Belgium have to do with this discussion lol?

Actually, Belgians take better care of their cobbles than their normal roads.
Yeah, being a Dutch person living in Belgium, I have to say, Flemish roads are al ready bad quality compared to what I'm used to in the Netherlands; the normal roads, not the cobbles, we don't even have cobbles in the Netherlands; but Walloon roads are just terrible. Whenever you're cycling and you think 'how does this even pass for a road?', you've probably crossed the language border, into Wallonia. Those horrible concrete plates for instance; how did anybody ever think that would be a good idea for a road?

Wallonia has nicer scenery and hills, so I go there for cycling, but really, Flanders is a lot more cycling friendly.
Old 11-14-12, 19:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
And THIS comes from the biggest VDB hater.

So think before accusing someone of hypocrisy.
I'm accusing your people for being hypocrites. or are you going to denie vdb was sene as a god there?
Old 11-14-12, 19:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaaaaaaarten View Post
Yeah, being a Dutch person living in Belgium, I have to say, Flemish roads are al ready bad quality compared to what I'm used to in the Netherlands; the normal roads, not the cobbles, we don't even have cobbles in the Netherlands; but Walloon roads are just terrible. Whenever you're cycling and you think 'how does this even pass for a road?', you've probably crossed the language border, into Wallonia. Those horrible concrete plates for instance; how did anybody ever think that would be a good idea for a road?

Wallonia has nicer scenery and hills, so I go there for cycling, but really, Flanders is a lot more cycling friendly.
it's horrendous indeed. when you cross the border you feel in a third world country. belgium is basically one big old village with ran down houses that pop up and go out of nowhere, while driving on the roads usually means you are sterile for the next few weeks