Transfers and Rumours 2012 > 2013 - Page 327 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-12, 14:41

Marco Cunha (Liberty Seguros) and Nuno Ribeiro (Efapel) seem to be going both to new continental team OFM-Valongo.

With both Ribeiros leaving and the rumoured transfer of Alejandro Marque apparently failed Efapel seems to be on the way down at the moment.

So 2013 will see five instead of four weak continental teams. Portuguese cycling disintegrates more and more.
Old 11-14-12, 15:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedelou View Post
Dugan is a work horse with capacity for wins in some small races. He is a great addition to SbTB for this year. I hope he makes the TDF team
no to all you said
Old 11-14-12, 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye Bye Bicycle View Post
Marco Cunha (Liberty Seguros) and Nuno Ribeiro (Efapel) seem to be going both to new continental team OFM-Valongo.

With both Ribeiros leaving and the rumoured transfer of Alejandro Marque apparently failed Efapel seems to be on the way down at the moment.

So 2013 will see five instead of four weak continental teams. Portuguese cycling disintegrates more and more.
LA is very strong with broco, sabido, virgilio dos santos and pimenta costa mendes
Old 11-14-12, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
no to all you said
Interesting. You probably see Dugan from a different perspective than me, of course.. Let us see , in the end, what has happened come july. You probably right, though, Saxo may prefer to send him to the team in support of Krusiger at the Giro.
Old 11-14-12, 16:44

Quote:
Interesting. You probably see Dugan from a different perspective than me, of course.. Let us see , in the end, what has happened come july. You probably right, though, Saxo may prefer to send him to the team in support of Krusiger at the Giro.
Your 'Krusiger' may not do the Giro,maybe he is going only for Le tour to support Alberto in 100%fitness

I just wanted to say,that Kreuziger-Giro is rumour
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-14-12, 17:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Your 'Krusiger' may not do the Giro,maybe he is going only for Le tour to support Alberto in 100%fitness

He give up at Grand Tours?
Old 11-14-12, 17:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post

I owe an apology to Kreusiger on behalf of the many who massacre the spelling of name. As far as the Giro. If not Kreusiger, somebody will have to lead Saxo and they may very well use Dugan as a domestique
Old 11-14-12, 17:43

It's "Kreuziger" and "Duggan".
Old 11-14-12, 18:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forunculo View Post
He give up at Grand Tours?
Maybe,I think it depends on Riis.But Kreuziger said he will focus on classics which is good I think,so maybe he wont do GT for GC.
Quote:
I owe an apology to Kreusiger on behalf of the many who massacre the spelling of name. As far as the Giro. If not Kreusiger, somebody will have to lead Saxo and they may very well use Dugan as a domestique
I know where is your point.And I think that Giro should be better GT debut for Duggan
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-14-12, 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye Bye Bicycle View Post

6, no? Unless you consider Efapel are disappearing? Or is it Onda - haven't heard much from them this offseason?

Tavira, Efapel, LA and Onda are current

Louletano and OFM are new

Plus according to Jornalciclismo potentially Ceramica Flaminia will be Portuguese-licenced. I'm not sure I believe that, but that would leave 7 Portuguese teams. More than at any point since 2008 (Benfica, Liberty Seguros, LA-MSS, Madeinox, Fercase, Barbot and Palmeiras), no?

There were a bunch of riders who had nowhere to step up to, and a lot of reasonable riders have given up the ghost in the last couple of years. More teams may spread the talent thinly in the short term, but might be better in the long run. As long as we don't get another disaster like Liberty Seguros 2011.

As long as LA-Antarte are looking strong, I'm happy. I'm a big fan of both Mendes and Brco.

Forever tte de la course.
Closed Thread