Sky - Page 879 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-14-12, 21:04
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
Just to be sure, you know he isn't the Queen, right?
I think so -when the Queen wears a blue coat she usually has a matching handbag.

At this stage Brad is making John Terry look positively civilized.
Old 11-14-12, 21:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post
I think so -when the Queen wears a blue coat she usually has a matching handbag.

At this stage Brad is making John Terry look positively civilized.
Remember, this is England
Old 11-14-12, 21:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
in 2009 was his first big break. I'm sure he was happy as one could be.
Yeah I am sure he was cool with being beaten by two dopers who cost him a podium spot...strange actions for a 'clean' rider.
“If you consider my situation: a guy who comes back from arguably, you know, a death sentence, why would I then enter into a sport and dope myself up and risk my life again? That's crazy. I would never do that. No. No way."

"Yes, there were six samples with EPO in it, and there were another two samples where it was pretty plain to a trained observer that there was synthetic EPO in those as well." Michael Ashenden on '99 samples
Old 11-14-12, 21:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post
Yeah I am sure he was cool with being beaten by two dopers who cost him a podium spot...strange actions for a 'clean' rider.
I think we've established he's a coward. How many other riders on '09 tour called out Lance?
Old 11-14-12, 21:32

Quote:
He was leaving hospital (inside a car), he was injured (some broken ribs) -
I didnt realize that such exposure and terrible injuries meant he was unable to smile or wave at the people.

I wonder why Sky felt the need to issue an apology the next day - maybe they did not realize just how sore he really was.
I hate to contradict everyone on this forum (ok, I enjoy it, its normal) BUT I read the photo was taken outside his house, not outside the hospital. Some pressmen blocked the path of the car, while others took photos. Not ideal behaviour but then he couldn't get out and deal with them the way he'd have liked to.

Also, why is it that folk jump on any obvious mistake he makes, whilst expecting others to forget their own errors on the forum by (compounding them by) saying "my bad"?
Old 11-14-12, 21:42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinneach View Post
I hate to contradict everyone on this forum (ok, I enjoy it, its normal) BUT I read the photo was taken outside his house, not outside the hospital. Some pressmen blocked the path of the car, while others took photos. Not ideal behaviour but then he couldn't get out and deal with them the way he'd have liked to.

Also, why is it that folk jump on any obvious mistake he makes, whilst expecting others to forget their own errors on the forum by (compounding them by) saying "my bad"?
I actually don't care that he made that sign or what he did. It does make him look rather silly and petulant - but he is a big boy, I am sure he will be fine and not too bothered about what I think.

However, the reason I showed it was because I had been informed that Brad was more mature than 2007, or less angry or some other phsycho babble that is used to explain away why he does not criticize dopers more, and why he could not have a journalist near him (for 8 days).
Old 11-14-12, 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post
In 2009 he was beaten by Lance and AC...Not a word.

Either he is doping or is a coward.
I think 'coward' is a bit unfair though for a rider in a position like that. What does a rider like Wiggins stand to gain from shouting down Astana at that point? He's a comparative no-name, at least in road cycling, and he's on a team which are in their first year as a pro team, trying to hold on to an unexpected good GC place. Against him he has the best rider on the planet (who's probably juiced), and the most famous rider on the planet (who's probably juiced), both on the strongest and most powerful team to take on the Tour in years (probably even stronger than 2012 Sky). He's watching what's happening within that very team as a guy is being carefully ostracized and character assassinated in the press for having the temerity to ride the Tour de France to try to win, not even attacking Armstrong himself per se. Wiggins may well have suspected Armstrong was pilled up, but it is most clearly in his own interests to keep his mouth shut, at least while Lance is active; Lance's media presence at that point is far too powerful. And of course, if he does call Lance out, he will be forever answering questions about Lance from there to eternity rather than being allowed to concentrate on his own race.

A guy like David Moncoutié has the reputation for racing clean throughout a career spanning more than a decade. His reputation was long established by that point, but he wasn't tearing down Astana, or calling out Valverde and Mosquera at the Vuelta. Why? Because David Moncoutié isn't a crusader or a martyr; he's simply a cyclist who most people are happy to believe was clean.

I don't think Moncoutié is a coward for not calling people out. After all, if he sat with the rest of the Cofidis team 10 years ago and endured constant mockery about not joining in, as has been attested by Gaumont and Millar, then fair play to the guy. But similarly, Wiggins isn't a coward for not calling Armstrong out in 2009 - it simply would have been a poor move for him at the time.

I think Wiggins has said and done plenty of things that are worth criticism, but it would take a man more heroic and especially more foolish than most to have called out Astana at the 2009 Tour.

Forever tête de la course.
Old 11-14-12, 22:27
Banned

Quote:
He was leaving hospital (inside a car), he was injured (some broken ribs) -
I didnt realize that such exposure and terrible injuries meant he was unable to smile or wave at the people.
I didn't realise he was obligated to smile and wave either?

Jesus wept! - now 'He doesn't like paps' = 'he's a doper'?

seriously, guys?
Old 11-14-12, 22:43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinvickers View Post
I didn't realise he was obligated to smile and wave either?

Jesus wept! - now 'He doesn't like paps' = 'he's a doper'?

seriously, guys?
No, not seriously at all - because you just made up something that I never suggested or said.
Old 11-15-12, 00:24

Quote:
But if he were doping in 2009-2010, he can get f***ed, completely."
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
I'll go with coward
I'll go with still not convinced. And going as soft on Lance as he possibly can.