Vino bought the 2010 LBL? - Page 66 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-15-12, 02:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post

Gilbert wasted energy in pointless attacks.

So ****ing what. If that was anyone else, anyone else anyone else in the world you would have relentlessly mocked them.for.being **** 1 day racers as saving your energy is part.of the game.

Hell in the case of cancellara you even say that the strength of the team.is part.of.a 1 day racers own abilities.

Yet with Gilbert you are willing to overlook strategy as some sort of uncontrollable misfortune.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-15-12, 04:01

Nope, just stating that Vino didn't whoop all the best one day riders. That should be obvious for anyone that saw the event. Gilbert clearly was still insecure about his strength that day and that's why he attacked so soon. An error that's his fault, I have no problem admitting that. Nor am I grumpy about the Olympics result. I'm not annoyed at all by the winner as long as he didn't bribe someone to win it. Stating facts is not the same as finding excuses. Of course your analyses of Vino supposedly whooping all my favorite one day riders is totally objective and has relevance to this discussion. Oh wait.

Don't you know by now that one day races are a combination of strength, wits and luck. Your financial status should have little influence on the race. Vino might be witty, Vino is surely lucky, but Vino was not the strongest. If you want my honest opinion, Cancellara would have made Vino look like a second rate cyclist if he didn't crash.

So please stop trying to rub the results of the Olympics in my face all the time. I honestly do not care that much about a commercial event run by ancient fossils like Jacques Rogge. They're out of touch with reality, and so is the Olympics.

It also has nothing to do with this discussion. This topic is about Vino buying LBL. All the rest is irrelevant.

Vino felt that he wasn't the strongest that day otherwise he would've never offered Kolobnev the money. Even if he was stronger than Kolobnev that day it doesn't matter because Vino obviously didn't care about who was the strongest: he wanted to win at all costs. And he did.

Go watch wrestling with Vino if you like watching him. I do not care for him, he lost all my respect when he offered other cyclists money to lose on purpose. I don't care if this was common practice in the past. Bulimia was also a common practice among Roman aristocrats, doesn't mean you should continue that nonsense. Though apparently some people here think like that: by all means go ahead.

What's your next argument? Vino being a hard man because he swims with dolphins?

Work out your own issues in a different thread please. Perhaps you're feeling annoyed by how this season went because your favorite riders failed at most things. I'm happy with this season, my favorite riders were very successful.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-15-12 at 04:23.
Old 11-15-12, 09:43

just give pisti the last word. we all know what a pathetic excuse for a human being he is. he probably has a tatoo of belgium on his balsack
Old 11-15-12, 10:07

@Pisti

You do know that it could very well be that it was Kolobnev who offered the win to Vino? Perhaps it wasn't Vino bying, but Kolobnev selling..
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 11-15-12, 12:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
@Pisti

You do know that it could very well be that it was Kolobnev who offered the win to Vino? Perhaps it wasn't Vino bying, but Kolobnev selling..
They still would both be wrong then. But from the e-mails it looks like it happened the other way around though.

You'd feel pretty angry as well if Boonen sold the Ronde to Pozzato wouldn't you?
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 11-15-12, 12:50

Quote:
They still would both be wrong then. But from the e-mails it looks like it happened the other way around though.

You'd feel pretty angry as well if Boonen sold the Ronde to Pozzato wouldn't you?
Yes. Just as I am angry at the way he rode at msr '06.
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Old 11-15-12, 14:39

Default Are you serious, blokes?!

Oh gosh, it seems like off-season adds up some real spice to the story.

I am just wondering, how many of you folks are grown ups?

Do you seriously believe that it is possible to ''buy'' one of the best one day race in the world?

Don't you understand that by wining LBL, the winner not only places his name amongst the greatest riders of all time, but also enjoys a fat sum from his team, sponsor, increases his value and thus strengthens his contract, also enjoys potential lucrative contracts from biz around the sport?

Why on earth would a guy with better sprinting abilities offer a guy weaker on the finish to slow down? And from the Kolobnev side, is 100K really worth it? Don think so. According to his palmares, last time his was standing first on the podium was in 2007. By winning LBL 2010 he could've gained a lot more I guess.

Do you really think that Vino bribed all the other riders who had been left behind? Oh come on folks.

Vino proved, just again, that he was always that type of guys who have guts.

Many of you would throw any rubbish at Vino, should you get any chance to do so.

But the rider proved it many times, that he was among the strongest riders not by just words, but by real deeds.

All in all, there is one great Arab proverb: "The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on". Peace fellows

Sean Kelly

Last edited by Konfronto; 11-15-12 at 15:41.
Old 11-15-12, 14:52

The dog's all bark but no bite.

Of course it's possible to buy a race in cycling. Don't be so naive.

Does it really matter how cheap Kolobnev sold out? The e-mails say he lost on purpose, that's all that matters.

And nobody is saying Vino bribed all riders, they're saying he bribed Vino. I'm starting to believe Vino fans can't read.
Quote:

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-15-12 at 14:59.
Old 11-15-12, 15:13

Quote:
The dog's all bark but no bite.

Of course it's possible to buy a race in cycling. Don't be so naive.

Does it really matter how cheap Kolobnev sold out? The e-mails say he lost on purpose, that's all that matters.

And nobody is saying Vino bribed all riders, they're saying he bribed Vino. I'm starting to believe Vino fans can't read.
vino bribed vino

that's a whole new level of vino awesomeness!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-12, 15:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
vino bribed vino

that's a whole new level of vino awesomeness!!!!!!!!!