U.S. Politics - Page 505 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5041  
Old 11-15-12, 13:10
rhubroma's Avatar
rhubroma rhubroma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Wilson View Post

Wrong. There is an European arrest warrant for him that originates in Sweeden. I thought there was only a threat of Extraditon. Put to death? Do you believe that?

Cheer up man and watch this. http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/vide...am-style-video
Ha. I had a laugh with that one. The Swedish case, of purely instrumental propaganda, has clearly been instigated by the Americans in pressuring the Swedish authorities to act in the superpower's interest. A spurious effort to thus vilify Assange and to have him first sentenced and the extradited, because he can't be extradited without first being sentenced by Sweden.

Do I think he would be put to death in the US? That depends on how strong the global protest would be in such a case. Certainly it would not be a popular conclusion. What I'm sure of, however, is that there are some very powerful people in the US, who would like nothing better than Assange's execution.
Reply With Quote
  #5042  
Old 11-15-12, 13:13
Amsterhammer's Avatar
Amsterhammer Amsterhammer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 3,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Wilson View Post
It does have something to do with the election. There were some reports out post-election that Wall Street was trading on the worry of Tax of a tax increase.
There are other things at play that could cause even more trouble with portfolios. Israel killing the Hamas terrorist is one of them. The fact that most of the European countries give out money to just take the summer off is another. Now people are ****ed because they have to have a cut in a pension system that does not take in enough money?

California seems determined to join the European Union with the way they run the state.
http://www.marke****ch.com/story/us-...eat-2012-11-14
Somebody else must have written this and posted as Glenn. This is comprehensible and there are no tanks, ergo it can't be Glenn.

I never heard of Psy or Gangnam before following this link. I lasted around 30 seconds - now trying hard to forget again.

As for Assange, he and his lawyers seem convinced that IF he's extradited to Sweden on what are generally assumed to be trumped up charges of rape, he will subsequently be sent from there to the US, where it's perfectly possible that he could face the death penalty. Hell hath no fury like a US govt. embarrassed in public.
__________________
The LOTE has won, all hail the LOTE.
Reply With Quote
  #5043  
Old 11-15-12, 13:48
Scott SoCal's Avatar
Scott SoCal Scott SoCal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
You're right. Probably just a coincidence, er.. European troubles. Would you believe Hurricane Sandy? No? How about the fiscal cliff? Okay, I got it... concerns in the Middle East. No? US credit rating? Divided government? No and no?

I guess it must be election results then.

On a serious note, have you noticed all the money being pulled out of equities and placed in tax free muni bonds? I'll bet you can guess why that might be... given the election results. Blame one? Eh, praise one if you are Pimco, Cantor Fitzgerald, etc.

Don't look now, one week first time jobless claims this week...... 439,000.

It was 355,000 last week. AP is already saying the huge increase is because of Sandy, which is total garbage.

Either the numbers were fudged leading up to the election or.... Uh, the election results have not been well received well in the business community. I don't think employers would react that fast so I think the dept of labor has jimmy'd the numbers.

Lets see.... Fiscal cliff, sleight of hand economic policy , Benghazi, sex scandals, Wall St plunge.... Awesome start.

Edit: hook, line and sinker, the parrot heads in the media have bought the labor dept spokespersons explanation for the increase in first time jobless claims. You may be able to tell, I'm skeptical. I'll keep an open mind on this one but, uh, we'll see I guess.
__________________
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009

Last edited by Scott SoCal; 11-15-12 at 14:32.
Reply With Quote
  #5044  
Old 11-15-12, 14:13
Glenn_Wilson's Avatar
Glenn_Wilson Glenn_Wilson is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhubroma View Post
Ha. I had a laugh with that one. The Swedish case, of purely instrumental propaganda, has clearly been instigated by the Americans in pressuring the Swedish authorities to act in the superpower's interest. A spurious effort to thus vilify Assange and to have him first sentenced and the extradited, because he can't be extradited without first being sentenced by Sweden.

Do I think he would be put to death in the US? That depends on how strong the global protest would be in such a case. Certainly it would not be a popular conclusion. What I'm sure of, however, is that there are some very powerful people in the US, who would like nothing better than Assange's execution.
Well the Army Traitor who took the info and leaked it to Assange will at the worst face life in prison. No the death penalty.
Our opinions differ obviously on what the US government will do with him.
__________________
something less offensive
Reply With Quote
  #5045  
Old 11-15-12, 14:18
Glenn_Wilson's Avatar
Glenn_Wilson Glenn_Wilson is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterhammer View Post
Somebody else must have written this and posted as Glenn. This is comprehensible and there are no tanks, ergo it can't be Glenn.

I never heard of Psy or Gangnam before following this link. I lasted around 30 seconds - now trying hard to forget again.

As for Assange, he and his lawyers seem convinced that IF he's extradited to Sweden on what are generally assumed to be trumped up charges of rape, he will subsequently be sent from there to the US, where it's perfectly possible that he could face the death penalty. Hell hath no fury like a US govt. embarrassed in public.
Hey guys whats been going on?

Someone here at the facility got a hold of my password for cycling news and was posting using my account. That is what happens when you live in such a place. You can trust any of these loonies.

I saw on tv that this General Petraus resigned but in the end he really did not need to resign. It was much to do about an affair that is all.

anyhow.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...
__________________
something less offensive
Reply With Quote
  #5046  
Old 11-15-12, 14:37
rhubroma's Avatar
rhubroma rhubroma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Wilson View Post
Well the Army Traitor who took the info and leaked it to Assange will at the worst face life in prison. No the death penalty.
Our opinions differ obviously on what the US government will do with him.
Traitor or hero, that all depends on your perspective. Would that all the nefarious undisclosed doings of the US war machine be brought to the public's attention Glenn.

Perhaps then hope for many of the world's oppressed and victimized can become a possibility.
Reply With Quote
  #5047  
Old 11-15-12, 14:53
Glenn_Wilson's Avatar
Glenn_Wilson Glenn_Wilson is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Don't look now, one week first time jobless claims this week...... 439,000.

It was 355,000 last week. AP is already saying the huge increase is because of Sandy, which is total garbage.

Either the numbers were fudged leading up to the election or.... Uh, the election results have not been well received well in the business community. I don't think employers would react that fast so I think the dept of labor has jimmy'd the numbers.

Lets see.... Fiscal cliff, sleight of hand economic policy , Benghazi, sex scandals, Wall St plunge.... Awesome start.

Edit: hook, line and sinker, the parrot heads in the media have bought the labor dept spokespersons explanation for the increase in first time jobless claims. You may be able to tell, I'm skeptical. I'll keep an open mind on this one but, uh, we'll see I guess.
Benghazi issue appears to be larger than first expected.

If you go back a few pages you will see that some folks here blamed Benghazi on the JEWISH group or guy who made that craptastic short bigoted film. Come to find out that was not it at all. Never mind racist dude was not even Jewish.
I think I'm gonna need more cowbell!
__________________
something less offensive
Reply With Quote
  #5048  
Old 11-15-12, 15:00
Glenn_Wilson's Avatar
Glenn_Wilson Glenn_Wilson is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhubroma View Post
Traitor or hero, that all depends on your perspective. Would that all the nefarious undisclosed doings of the US war machine be brought to the public's attention Glenn.

Perhaps then hope for many of the world's oppressed and victimized can become a possibility.
Nope does not depend on perspective for the Traitor. If he was a civilian It would be different or change my opinion of him. DUMB A$$ swore an oath. That is his own fault. Hell he could have served out his contract to the government and then leaked it. I would have a different opinion about it then also. BUT if you are stupid enough to swear an oath then LIVE with it. He is no Hero, he is a traitor.
Did he just want to play Army man? Or GI joe? Well guess what.....there is no playing once you take the oath. Sorry he is a Traitor.

Assange is not a Traitor to Australia, or the USA. He could be seen as a Hero and what he released in my opinion is perfectly fine ,,,,not that he needs me to agree.

Anyhow you go back to bashing the **** out the the USA and drink some wine. It will be ok over there. Just wait until summer when the entire place shuts down to enjoy the sunshine.
__________________
something less offensive
Reply With Quote
  #5049  
Old 11-15-12, 15:32
VeloCity's Avatar
VeloCity VeloCity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Anybody wanna talk about what Wall Street thinks of BO's reelection?

No? Okay... Just don't open your 401(k) statement. Shred it. Seriously.
Sure.

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral...during_ob.html

Dow +67% after Obama's first term.

Dow +277% after Clinton's 8 years.

Dow -25% under the 8 years of Bush.

Same pattern with the S&P. I think Wall St is just fine with a Dem pres. But maybe Rs should've been a bit more careful about pushing on the debt ceiling and now on the fiscal cliff. Makes investor's a bit jumpy when they do things like that.

Last edited by VeloCity; 11-15-12 at 15:36.
Reply With Quote
  #5050  
Old 11-15-12, 15:37
rhubroma's Avatar
rhubroma rhubroma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Wilson View Post
Nope does not depend on perspective for the Traitor. If he was a civilian It would be different or change my opinion of him. DUMB A$$ swore an oath. That is his own fault. Hell he could have served out his contract to the government and then leaked it. I would have a different opinion about it then also. BUT if you are stupid enough to swear an oath then LIVE with it. He is no Hero, he is a traitor.
Did he just want to play Army man? Or GI joe? Well guess what.....there is no playing once you take the oath. Sorry he is a Traitor.

Assange is not a Traitor to Australia, or the USA. He could be seen as a Hero and what he released in my opinion is perfectly fine ,,,,not that he needs me to agree.

Anyhow you go back to bashing the **** out the the USA and drink some wine. It will be ok over there. Just wait until summer when the entire place shuts down to enjoy the sunshine.
I don't consider him a hero either, but as to being a traitor one must consider the agent being betrayed. Here I'm sure our differences of opinion are about as wide as the Pacific Ocean.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.