women are right! - Page 5 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-15-12, 16:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
That's one explosive effort. How do you match up against a female pro marathon runner?
I wouldn't know, I've never run one. Even at my level athletics is specialized. You can only focus on a couple of events if you want to be competitive.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 11-15-12, 16:48

Quote:
This discussion wasn't about Phil, but about whether mr. Ryo Hazuki could be as good as Marianne Vos if he only trained a little. Which is complete nonsense, and that's why I said how fast Vos went up the Cauberg..
Maybe Ryo Hazuki should take a test on his watt at FTP and see how "close" he is to Vos...

Most continental riders, who obviously train a lot, wouldn't even be close.
Old 11-15-12, 16:52

Quote:
I wonder how you calculated Vos' time? You can't actually see her crossing the Amstel Gold finish line. You can however see her crossing the overpass, in 1:10, which is about the same time as Gilbert.

And then the final part which took Gilbert 10 or 15 seconds would have taken her 35 seconds to complete... a bit hard to believe, that one.
yes that is the case indeed
but i took another, easier reference point from the other laps

from the finish line to the arrow sign on the road, you make exactly 6 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo37KC2s-Qw&feature=plcp

so the climb starts at 2:26:21 and vos crosses at 2:28:06.and makes it televised at the arrow at 2:28:12

time should be legit: 1:45 for marianne

now you owe me a beer

but c'mon....eyes don't lie...did you really think she went as fast as phil???
Old 11-15-12, 17:02

Quote:
Didn't Marianne Vos ride up the final climb of the Cauberg at the Worlds in the same time as Philippe Gilbert? Good luck with that.

It's such a moronic discussion really. "I only want to watch men's cycling because men are stronger than women". Who the f.ck cares, as long as there is a level playing field? I'd choose the Giro Donne anytime over 90% of men's races.
no she didn't and besides, it was after what 140 km? after 270 km she wouldn't even be left in the race
Old 11-15-12, 17:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Oscar sevilla and Felix cardenas are the best climbers in the world?

What is the point of this post? We are trying to compare the times of.vos and Gilbert up the cauberg from the 2012 worlds and you post the time for every other cauberg ascent in history apart.from the relevant ones
no, but others are. or do you think quintana, soler, henao etc were/are from a different countries?
Old 11-15-12, 17:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
no she didn't and besides, it was after what 140 km? after 270 km she wouldn't even be left in the race
i say it again,i think vos is a helluva athlete but there is no doubt in my mind too that she wouldn't have made it to the final lap with the guys.not even close.also average speed....

can't compare them, different sports almost.
Old 11-15-12, 17:06

Quote:
Yes, you commie lesbian.

What the above (interestingly, mostly Dutch) haters of women's cycling don't seem to realize that actually in their own country, viewership for women's cycling is as big as men's cycling. That is, if it is actually broadcasted, like at the Olympics and the Worlds.
the netherlands isn't even a real cycling countrie. shall we compare viewing numbers in real cyclign countries with woman cycling? also those are the only 2 woman races being broadcasted. far more people watch male cycling. tour, giro etc. or are you really thinking that if they would broadcats a female tour or giro the same amounts of people would watch in the netherlands?
Old 11-15-12, 17:10

Quote:
This discussion wasn't about Phil, but about whether mr. Ryo Hazuki could be as good as Marianne Vos if he only trained a little. Which is complete nonsense, and that's why I said how fast Vos went up the Cauberg.

The time jens_attacks calculated can't be right, so it's still up in the air whether Gilbert actually went that much faster.
lol. I said in general I could ride harder than females in cycling. I didn't say I could ride harder than vos, besides vos is like 50 kg, of course she would outclimb me. that wasn;t even the point of argument. their level of competition is a joke. that's the point and it's true. just look at their massprints and pls come and tell me you didn't fell on the floor laughing your *** off
Old 11-15-12, 17:11

Quote:
That's one explosive effort. How do you match up against a female pro marathon runner?
how would he know? he's not a marathon runner. however many amateur marathon male runners are faster than pro woman
Old 11-15-12, 17:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltiv View Post
Maybe Ryo Hazuki should take a test on his watt at FTP and see how "close" he is to Vos...

Most continental riders, who obviously train a lot, wouldn't even be close.
then those tests are a joke, since most male ct riders are better than vos