U.S. Politics - Page 507 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 11-15-12, 20:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloCity View Post
Yep, it will be known as the time when the country got back on track after nearly being destroyed during the Bush administration. Your guys, if I recall.

And remember:

http://www.blogforarizona.com/.a/6a0...dda2970d-500wi

See all that red nosediving downward? Your guy. See all that blue, slowly but surely going back up? Our guy cleaning up your guy's mess.

And then disintegrated. Let's give them the same chance, shall we? Come back in 4 years and then let's compare. I'm pretty confident you won't like it.

Odd, I didn't see the D party wasting time and millions of dollars on 33 votes to recall the ACA. I thought that was exactly the sort of thing that you "fiscal conservatives" were so outraged about? Apparently not so much.

No need to say it, everyone knows why we're in the economic mess that we're in. Did you miss the exit polls?

You can still deny it all you want, but most Americans know that we are where we are because of the policies of your guys, not Obama.
Quote:
Yep, it will be known as the time when the country got back on track after nearly being destroyed during the Bush administration. Your guys, if I recall.
Ride the meme, man. Ride it.

Quote:
See all that red nosediving downward? Your guy. See all that blue, slowly but surely going back up? Our guy cleaning up your guy's mess.
Man, isn't it crazy how nothing existed economically before the meltdown in 2008?

Quote:
And then disintegrated. Let's give them the same chance, shall we? Come back in 4 years and then let's compare. I'm pretty confident you won't like it.
I'll love it if tax rates are reasonable, unemployment is low, we didn't drown in our debt and the economy is humming. What do you think the chances of that happening are?

Yeah, I didn't think they were very good either.

Quote:
No need to say it, everyone knows why we're in the economic mess that we're in. Did you miss the exit polls?
Everyone? I didn't see any polls that showed that. Musta missed 'em.

The polls I saw showed an overwhelming amount of support from, demographically, those that this current economy is hurting the most.

I know, I know. I shook my head too.
Old 11-15-12, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Wilson View Post
I remember those television commercials.

Nope but I did see two Homeless people looking at my pile of cans. I told them if they even think about taking these cans that they can rest assured that I will be calling the local law enforcement on their sorry asses.
I know what they want to do with them......they want to collect them all up and take them down to receive a deposit on them at the local Recycling center. That is not happening because those are my cans that I dumped there.

Just changed the oil on my big 1974 Dodge ramz. I decided to dump it on all the fence row in along my neighbors side of the lot. That will kill the brush and grass from growing around those areas.

I remember those television commercials. The Indian was upset with the polluted river. I'm still confused about the message they were trying to convey.

Anyhow in the spirit set forth by our President ---I just wanted to do my part for recycling day.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...ycles-day-2012
That's some pretty good weed killer. You only have to do that once or twice then that area will be weed free for some time.
Old 11-15-12, 20:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Ride the meme, man. Ride it.

Man, isn't it crazy how nothing existed economically before the meltdown in 2008?

I'll love it if tax rates are reasonable, unemployment is low, we didn't drown in our debt and the economy is humming. What do you think the chances of that happening are?

Yeah, I didn't think they were very good either.

Everyone? I didn't see any polls that showed that. Musta missed 'em.

The polls I saw showed an overwhelming amount of support from, demographically, those that this current economy is hurting the most.

I know, I know. I shook my head too.
Some really good info here Scott.

But I am a bit distracted by the avatar! That Blond drinking that rather large beer. I'm in love with her picture.
Old 11-15-12, 20:45

Oh lookey, on today's first time unemployment filers the largest gains were in....

wait for it....

Quote:
The largest increases in initial claims for the week ending November 3 were in Pennsylvania (+7,766), Ohio (+6,450), New Jersey (+5,675), Michigan (+2,373), and Connecticut (+1,783), while the largest decreases were in California (-8,149), New York (-2,241), Florida (-939), Georgia (-913), and Indiana (-603).
Big increase in NJ (Sandy?), big decrease in NY (Sandy?).

But look at the, uh, um, swing states of Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan.

I know, you're shocked, right? Am I right?

http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/e...m#.UKVSp2fAHFB
Old 11-15-12, 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Wilson View Post
Some really good info here Scott.

But I am a bit distracted by the avatar! That Blond drinking that rather large beer. I'm in love with her picture.
What can I say... attractive ladies drinking beer. Proof that God wants us to be happy.
Old 11-15-12, 20:51

I see that a lot of the 'tards (I use the word advisedly in this context) have been shouting about "voter fraud". I wonder what they'd have to say if a Dem. controlled state was officially and systematically trying to **ck with the results of numerous congressional and local elections by disenfranchising many tens of thousands of people, and forcing many others to spend extra hours in line because of the reduced number of polling stations.

And then there's the worst fascist pig (I use the word very advisedly in this context) of all, Sheriff Joe.

Stand up and take a bow, Arizona. It sounds like the mob runs the place.

http://www.upworthy.com/people-are-g...tes-what?c=bl3
Old 11-15-12, 21:22

Quote:
Oh lookey, on today's first time unemployment filers the largest gains were in....

wait for it....

Big increase in NJ (Sandy?), big decrease in NY (Sandy?).

But look at the, uh, um, swing states of Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan.

I know, you're shocked, right? Am I right?

http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/e...m#.UKVSp2fAHFB
I'm not sure what your point is?
Old 11-15-12, 21:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterhammer View Post
I see that a lot of the 'tards (I use the word advisedly in this context) have been shouting about "voter fraud". I wonder what they'd have to say if a Dem. controlled state was officially and systematically trying to **ck with the results of numerous congressional and local elections by disenfranchising many tens of thousands of people, and forcing many others to spend extra hours in line because of the reduced number of polling stations.

And then there's the worst fascist pig (I use the word very advisedly in this context) of all, Sheriff Joe.

Stand up and take a bow, Arizona. It sounds like the mob runs the place.

http://www.upworthy.com/people-are-g...tes-what?c=bl3
I'm not shouting fraud.

I just find it odd how much potentially negative political stuff for Obama is floating around..... just after the election.

Coincidence?
Old 11-15-12, 21:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
I'm not sure what your point is?
Well, I'm just wondering why the sudden spike in first time jobless claims. What's driving it? What's different this week over last week?

The press says Hurricane Sandy. That's clearly not it. I find it odd that the swing state numbers suddenly spiked.

We just had an election. We were told things are turning around. Some of us knew better.

FWIW, I don't trust the reported unemployment figures either.

On the other hand all the bad news (for Obama) in this last week could all be coincidental.
Old 11-15-12, 22:43
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Bala Verde Send a message via Skype™ to Bala Verde

Quote:
Well, I'm just wondering why the sudden spike in first time jobless claims. What's driving it? What's different this week over last week?

The press says Hurricane Sandy. That's clearly not it. I find it odd that the swing state numbers suddenly spiked.

We just had an election. We were told things are turning around. Some of us knew better.

FWIW, I don't trust the reported unemployment figures either.

On the other hand all the bad news (for Obama) in this last week could all be coincidental.
I have a gut feeling that you are onto something. I think you should delve much deeper, perhaps even make it your full time job.

Some other areas that might benefit from your investigative skills are:

-Benghazi, where is it, and why it matters.
-One black panther and the 3.5 million missing Romney votes.
-the weather, why does it happen during elections
-The Kennedy assassination(s)
-How marriage equality laws made Dr. Strangelove Learn to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.
-Where's Waldo, and is he in a Saudi torture cell?
-The Roswell incident
-Why hasn't the rapture already happened, Obama got re-elected for Pete's sake, so the government must be keeping God hostage in a closet.
-How the gay agenda undermines kids' respect for authoritah.

I'd suggest you go full Breitbart on these topics, because there is so much to uncover, so much to learn.