U.S. Politics - Page 508 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 11-15-12, 23:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala Verde View Post
I have a gut feeling that you are onto something. I think you should delve much deeper, perhaps even make it your full time job.

Some other areas that might benefit from your investigative skills are:

-Benghazi, where is it, and why it matters.
-One black panther and the 3.5 million missing Romney votes.
-the weather, why does it happen during elections
-The Kennedy assassination(s)
-How marriage equality laws made Dr. Strangelove Learn to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.
-Where's Waldo, and is he in a Saudi torture cell?
-The Roswell incident
-Why hasn't the rapture already happened, Obama got re-elected for Pete's sake, so the government must be keeping God hostage in a closet.
-How the gay agenda undermines kids' respect for authoritah.

I'd suggest you go full Breitbart on these topics, because there is so much to uncover, so much to learn.
Come on. You could at least propose useful topics. For someone who--I won't say whines incessantly--but posts chicken little histrionics about US debt, I find this striking. One, this is a drop in the debt; two Scott, are you saying equally sinister phenomena would not have blossomed up following Rom's win? (Not that they would be to the benefit of the disenfranchised.) How about quit grinding public numbers and investigate the long-range effects of deregulated finance and corporations?

And, yes, Cal agriculture is deeply imbricated in those matters. Oops.

Last edited by aphronesis; 11-15-12 at 23:19.
Old 11-15-12, 23:27

Quote:
I have a gut feeling that you are onto something. I think you should delve much deeper, perhaps even make it your full time job.

-How marriage equality laws made Dr. Strangelove Learn to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.
-The Roswell incident
-Why hasn't the rapture already happened, Obama got re-elected for Pete's sake, so the government must be keeping God hostage in a closet.

I'd suggest you go full Breitbart on these topics, because there is so much to uncover, so much to learn.
Thank you, Bala! I really did lol at this, especially the first three. A stroke of comedy genius, I doff my hat in your general direction with a flourish, sir!
Old 11-15-12, 23:29

Old 11-15-12, 23:50

Quote:

-The Roswell incident

I agree. I think we need to add one more;

Why was Paula Broadwell nicknamed "bunker buster" while at West Point?
Old 11-16-12, 00:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphronesis View Post
Come on. You could at least propose useful topics. For someone who--I won't say whines incessantly--but posts chicken little histrionics about US debt, I find this striking. One, this is a drop in the debt; two Scott, are you saying equally sinister phenomena would not have blossomed up following Rom's win? (Not that they would be to the benefit of the disenfranchised.) How about quit grinding public numbers and investigate the long-range effects of deregulated finance and corporations?

And, yes, Cal agriculture is deeply imbricated in those matters. Oops.
Okay,you got me. Anybody know who Aphro is talking about here?

Quote:
Scott, are you saying equally sinister phenomena would not have blossomed up following Rom's win?
Nope. I'm saying Obama enjoys unprecedented insulation. He really is a King, or at least Christi Parsons of Chicago Trib thinks so;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPGYW_BJzNo

Should Michelle be worried? Just sayin'
Old 11-16-12, 00:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Well, I'm just wondering why the sudden spike in first time jobless claims. What's driving it? What's different this week over last week?

The press says Hurricane Sandy. That's clearly not it. I find it odd that the swing state numbers suddenly spiked.

We just had an election. We were told things are turning around. Some of us knew better.

FWIW, I don't trust the reported unemployment figures either.

On the other hand all the bad news (for Obama) in this last week could all be coincidental.
It could be all the wealthy CEOs laying off workers left, right, and central because Obama's going to raise their personal tax rates to slightly less than what they were during Clinton's presidency. A period of time when they still made boat loads of money! There should be laws against this type of thing....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2095162.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2092582.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2093369.html
Old 11-16-12, 00:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
It could be all the wealthy CEOs laying off workers left, right, and central because Obama's going to raise their personal tax rates to slightly less than what they were during Clinton's presidency. A period of time when they still made boat loads of money! There should be laws against this type of thing....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2095162.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2092582.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2093369.html
I agree. Private employers should not be able to make personnel decisions. They should have to prove to the labor dept that they can't afford employees they need to let go.

Also, CEO's should not be allowed to be wealthy. That's just wrong.

Does it ever occur to people that perhaps the government can do with less?
Old 11-16-12, 00:54

It should be funny when General Petraeus testifies and fails to confirm a dastardly Benghazi conspiracy serious enough to take down the presidency. The nutters are already spinning tales of Obama using a sex scandal to silence him. It is only a matter of time before Petraeus is fingered as full fledged member of the conspiracy.

I have some free time. I wonder if I could get in on the ebook payday that is sure to come.

Last edited by BroDeal; 11-16-12 at 01:08.
Old 11-16-12, 01:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Does it ever occur to people that perhaps the government can do with less?
Uh, less Scott? Can do with less? 16 trillion (or whatever it is) debt, and you think the govt. could do with less?

You know who's gonna have to make do with at least a bit less?

Old 11-16-12, 01:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterhammer View Post
Uh, less Scott? Can do with less? 16 trillion (or whatever it is) debt, and you think the govt. could do with less?

You know who's gonna have to make do with at least a bit less?

Just going from memory, our 2008 federal spend was around 2.5 trillion, which is about what our revenue will be this year. 2008 was 5 fiscal budgets ago. Just 5. But somehow our add to the deficit this year will be another trillion or so.

Yeah, how about the govt tighten it's belt first, then we can talk revenue. The problem is and always has been the revenue gets done and the spending never does... except for a coupla years during the Clinton admin that the left (and me) are so fond of talking about.

You realize Clinton reduced spending as a percentage of GDP? How about we try that again?