women are right! - Page 12 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-16-12, 13:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
But "world class rider" Carlos Betancur finished more than 2 minutes behind if I remember correctly. Henao was ninth.

All those Italian races have a rather weak field since Lombardia moved.

Anyway, I don't watch female cycling, but I don't mind if other people enjoy it.
I remember betancurt destroying your cherished gilbert though, this year
Old 11-16-12, 13:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverrocket View Post
Whether a handful of individuals enjoy women's cycling or not is not really the point, is it? I thought the question was whether women cyclists deserve the same pay as men (or at least increased relative to what it is now).

I don't think they do because women don't generate nearly as much money. Cyclists don't get paid for the amount of work they do, they get paid for how much money they can generate. (through fans, sponsors, viewers, etc.).

We can say it's a catch-22, where they can't bring in the money because they don't get the exposure, but they don't get the exposure because they don't bring in the money, but this is part of the process of developing a sport. We shouldn't create "artificial interest" by overpaying them.
exactly that. end of discussion. it's suply and demand thing. there's no demand for womans cycling so there is no supply. keep in mind womans cycling in 90s was much more professional and it bombed, because nobody cared. including the tour de france for woman
Old 11-16-12, 13:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Let me remind you that your own first reaction in this thread was the following:

Lol, talk about introducing sense. Not rating women's cycling is one thing, but saying you could beat them all if you just tried a little is ridiculous. Especially since you're never going to do it.
the point is that any amateur male could beat any pro female at any sport, would it be his interest/hobby. like I said I'd give you all my savings and posessions if you could find a woman that would beat me in mma, my HOBBY...

about woman cycling I remember well posting here 1 or 2 years ago the winner of the female pro wc itt would've finished 35th in the u23 field... painful!
Old 11-16-12, 13:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
I remember betancurt destroying your cherished gilbert though, this year
At the Tour of Belgium? I don't really care. I mean, Phil won the WC and Betancur finished more than 2 minutes back. That's got to sting for you doesn't it?

You know, Contador also got beaten by Leipi at San Luis. I won't lose sleep over it.

I think I'm starting to understand you: world class cycling takes place at small Belgian, Colombian and Italian races. Why don't you like female cycling then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
I knew you'd try this but no, the rider arnout was talking about was uran, not quintana nor nicky sorensenl and the Italian semi classic therefore piemonte to which you directly responded that the Italian semi classic in question was not that impressive.

And it was still the very same Italian classic 2 posts later when you tried to taint it by saying that its crap now that lombardia moved.
Read greenedge's post. He was talking about all Colombians and how they did well in Italian semi-classics. Keep trying though.

And yes, Piemonte's field will be weaker now that Lombardia moved and Milano-Torino is back on the calender. That's because it now takes place a few days after the WC. It's 1+1=2 logic.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-16-12 at 13:26.
Old 11-16-12, 13:29

Quote:
At the Tour of Belgium? I don't really care. I mean, Phil won the WC and Betancur finished more than 2 minutes back. That's got to sting for you doesn't it?

You know, Contador also got beaten by Leipi at San Luis. I won't lose sleep over it.

I think I'm starting to understand you: world class cycling takes place at small Belgian, Colombian and Italian races. Why don't you like female cycling then?

Read greenedge's post. He was talking about all Colombians and how they did well in Italian semi-classics. Keep trying though.

And yes, Piemonte's field will be weaker now that Lombardia moved and Milano-Torino is back on the calender. That's because it now takes place a few days after the WC. It's 1+1=2 logic.
not really as you are the one having to constantly defend your riders. so it must sting you everytime someone says anything mean about gilbert, boonen, contador or any belgian
Old 11-16-12, 13:44

Quote:
not really as you are the one having to constantly defend your riders. so it must sting you everytime someone says anything mean about gilbert, boonen, contador or any belgian
That's because you keep posting stupid things about anything Belgian related ryo, you brought him up remember.

So why do you watch Colombian cycling, but not female cycling? Oscar Sevilla is still winning race after race there yet he's not even amongst Europe's 20 best climbers. So I ask you again, why don't you watch female cycling? Stop avoiding questions.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 11-16-12, 14:06

Quote:
it's ridiculous indeed. we also don't have 100 meter sprint for white people. just as racist/sexist that would be as womans sport.
I find this post funny.
Old 11-16-12, 14:11

Quote:
So why do you watch Colombian cycling, but not female cycling? Oscar Sevilla is still winning race after race there yet he's not even amongst Europe's 20 best climbers. So I ask you again, why don't you watch female cycling? Stop avoiding questions.
Uh oh, Ryo has been cornered. yet again.
Old 11-16-12, 15:32

Quote:
That's because you keep posting stupid things about anything Belgian related ryo, you brought him up remember.

pistolero, next time please watch some south american racing.please
see some videos, see riders physiques,see some average speeds.
in some races, the level is mid 90's europe. they fly on every race.50 km/h for hours on flat,25 km/h uphill on beast of a climbs. not women cycling exactly lol.

babyface sevilla i dare to say is in his best shape ever. you should be thankfull that's he's not allowed on europe soil because he would kick aszes like there is no tomorrow.

but the comparison colombian cycling/women cycling is straight ridiculous.
Old 11-16-12, 15:48

Quote:

No, greenedge was responding to your response to Arnout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnout View Post
Top 5 GT, medal at Olympics, Italian semi-classic wins, I call that quite good yes.

Anyway, last post from my side.

Quote:
Boom's ride in Roubaix was more impressive than a win in an Italian semi-classic. Or his fifth place at the Worlds leaving all Colombians behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenedge View Post
I agree with the Boom bit but he needs to actually podium there and all those Italian races have good finishes.
Henao did not finish that far behind Boom at the WC.
Quote:

All those Italian races have a rather weak field since Lombardia moved.

Arnout was talking about Uran (quintana did not silver worlds not top 5 gt), you mocked the Italian semi classic with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8, greenedge told you that it should and you then said that it should not because Lombardia moved.

Piemonte all the way, no one ever brought up emilia or gp pantani or anything else.

Quote:
And yes, Piemonte's field will be weaker now that Lombardia moved and Milano-Torino is back on the calender. That's because it now takes place a few days after the WC. It's 1+1=2 logic
You argue as if the allegation maintains itself

I dont see it as 1+1 =2

The people who did Piemonte before are the ones who wanted to do Lombardy. ANd the people who do Piemonte now are the ones who do lombardy.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.