U.S. Politics - Page 512 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5111  
Old 11-16-12, 15:35
Scott SoCal's Avatar
Scott SoCal Scott SoCal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloCity View Post
Oh bull****.

http://thegrio.com/2012/04/24/study-...n-republicans/

http://www.journalism.org/analysis_r...ress_release_1



You guys just make this **** up because it's what you want to believe and then it becomes truth. What were those Romney polls again?

I guarantee you that you don't.

Oh boy. Parallel universe.
__________________
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
Reply With Quote
  #5112  
Old 11-16-12, 15:41
Bala Verde's Avatar
Bala Verde Bala Verde is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 7,111
Send a message via MSN to Bala Verde Send a message via Skype™ to Bala Verde
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Ah yes. You know the White House made a deal with defense contractors during the run up to the election not to announce required lay off notices to employes due to looming sequestration, right?
We'll archive this in the same cabinet where we store the Paula Broadwell Bunker Buster files, shall we...

Have you gotten any closer? Bunker buster... bomb... bombshell... West Point... military... government.... OMG Liberals have secretely been trying to raise an entire generation of infiltrated seductresses to scuttle the careers of high level military personnel and taint the military, so as to raise doubt about the notion of a strong military and undermine the belief we need to indefinitely increase defense spending. This was concocted by post-colonial, academic elitist hermits in their ivory towers, who pretend to know what is good for this country, some of whom are 65+ and part of the greatest generation, but they are not wise, because they vote the wrong way and we all know that wisdom equals voting for Rs, and they have managed to keep this under the hood because of the mainstream media, who does not investigate this "stuff" and these self-evident "truths"

Full Breitbart ahead. For Freedom!
Reply With Quote
  #5113  
Old 11-16-12, 15:43
VeloCity's Avatar
VeloCity VeloCity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Oh boy. Parallel universe.
Yep. Time to come back to the real world. It wasn't Sandy, it wasn't the media fawning over Obama, it wasn't voter fraud, it was Romney/Ryan and their - conservatives - policy proposals. You can try and cast blame as much as you want, but the only reason Obama was re-elected is because the majority of the American voters preferred his vision for the country over that of the right.
Reply With Quote
  #5114  
Old 11-16-12, 16:17
Amsterhammer's Avatar
Amsterhammer Amsterhammer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 3,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala Verde View Post
We'll archive this in the same cabinet where we store the Paula Broadwell Bunker Buster files, shall we...

Have you gotten any closer? Bunker buster... bomb... bombshell... West Point... military... government.... OMG Liberals have secretely been trying to raise an entire generation of infiltrated seductresses to scuttle the careers of high level military personnel and taint the military, so as to raise doubt about the notion of a strong military and undermine the belief we need to indefinitely increase defense spending. This was concocted by post-colonial, academic elitist hermits in their ivory towers, who pretend to know what is good for this country, some of whom are 65+ and part of the greatest generation, but they are not wise, because they vote the wrong way and we all know that wisdom equals voting for Rs, and they have managed to keep this under the hood because of the mainstream media, who does not investigate this "stuff" and these self-evident "truths"

Full Breitbart ahead. For Freedom!
Damn Bala, you've been on a roll for a couple of days now.

You musta moved to Colorado and got hold of some good ****!
__________________
The LOTE has won, all hail the LOTE.
Reply With Quote
  #5115  
Old 11-16-12, 16:42
Glenn_Wilson's Avatar
Glenn_Wilson Glenn_Wilson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala Verde View Post
Uh oh... Scrap that. Be afraid (and leave your cheque on the table on the way out. For freedom.)

Russia’s Stealth Fighter Could Match U.S. Jets, Analyst Says









And moar horsez and bayonetez, so we can win naval battles.
Funny you mention bayonets considering that the USMC still utilize bayonets in close combat. United States Marine Corps is a Department of the Navy.
__________________
something less offensive
Reply With Quote
  #5116  
Old 11-16-12, 16:43
BroDeal BroDeal is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Above 5000 feet
Posts: 12,937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Reagan, HW Bush and Clinton did not enjoy the same media support that Obama does. Bush absolutely didn't except for perhaps a time after 9/11. By and large, the media has fawned over Obama. I don't really know how it could be viewed much different, particularly during the run ups to the last two elections. Of course, it's my perception, but that's hardly a unique view.
You listen to too much right wing media. For thirty years they have been singing this sad tune about the media being against conservatives. First, nearly all the major media in this country is now owned by big business. This is especially true for the media that most people actually consume, television and radio. Second, there is some extreme irony when the right wing media complains about the balance of the media. That a right wing media ecosystem even exists belies their complaints. Third, the problem is not the news media supporting Obama. It is the news becoming a low grade entertainment product. If Romney was more interesting to more people than Obama then he would have received more coverage than Obama because covering him would have been where the money was to be made. Fourth, with big business targeting their news coverage to those with a specific bias, people consume the media that agrees with their beliefs and they do not care to hear objective facts that disagree with those biases. That was the major problem with Republicans during this election cycle. They believed their own bullsh!t. It was spewed non-stop from every right wing media outlet as though it were gospel truth.

The best news outlet today in America is publicly funded news from public radio and television. The right hates those and wants them defunded. The right does not want objective news because objective news will not agree with their ever increasing divorce from reality. Republicans have traveled so far down the rabbit hole that they cannot see themselves as the majority of Americans see them. All they do is yell at clouds and b!tch about America not undestanding conservatism. Did you ever stop to think that the majority of Americans understand the Republican version of conservatism all too much. That's why the Republicans keep losing the popular vote in presidential elections.

Funny and true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTCRwi71_ns
Reply With Quote
  #5117  
Old 11-16-12, 16:52
Scott SoCal's Avatar
Scott SoCal Scott SoCal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala Verde View Post
We'll archive this in the same cabinet where we store the Paula Broadwell Bunker Buster files, shall we...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...ff6_story.html

Widely reported, this story. Maybe you missed it.
__________________
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
Reply With Quote
  #5118  
Old 11-16-12, 16:56
Scott SoCal's Avatar
Scott SoCal Scott SoCal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphronesis View Post
Amster and others insist on giving you more intellectual credit than the rabid and reactionary mouth breathers on the right. When you speed read like that, I'm not entirely convinced.
Don't do that. Now Amster is going to get ridiculed for giving me a little credit.

You are entirely convinced otherwise you would have stopped responding to me a long time ago. You are way to high-brow to roll around in the mud with some wing nut reactionary mouth breather.
__________________
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
Reply With Quote
  #5119  
Old 11-16-12, 16:58
Glenn_Wilson's Avatar
Glenn_Wilson Glenn_Wilson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...ff6_story.html

Widely reported, this story. Maybe you missed it.
I still am trying to figure out who is pushing this bunker buster stuff. It keeps showing up in balagreens post but I have to punish myself to determine is he trying to say that republicans are pushing this or is President Obama pushing this.

Those Jewish people really should just sit back and take the gang rape they took all last week with the half a$$ rocket attacks. Seriously why get all worked up about rocket attacks.
__________________
something less offensive
Reply With Quote
  #5120  
Old 11-16-12, 17:00
Glenn_Wilson's Avatar
Glenn_Wilson Glenn_Wilson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
You listen to too much right wing media. For thirty years they have been singing this sad tune about the media being against conservatives. First, nearly all the major media in this country is now owned by big business. This is especially true for the media that most people actually consume, television and radio. Second, there is some extreme irony when the right wing media complains about the balance of the media. That a right wing media ecosystem even exists belies their complaints. Third, the problem is not the news media supporting Obama. It is the news becoming a low grade entertainment product. If Romney was more interesting to more people than Obama then he would have received more coverage than Obama because covering him would have been where the money was to be made. Fourth, with big business targeting their news coverage to those with a specific bias, people consume the media that agrees with their beliefs and they do not care to hear objective facts that disagree with those biases. That was the major problem with Republicans during this election cycle. They believed their own bullsh!t. It was spewed non-stop from every right wing media outlet as though it were gospel truth.

The best news outlet today in America is publicly funded news from public radio and television. The right hates those and wants them defunded. The right does not want objective news because objective news will not agree with their ever increasing divorce from reality. Republicans have traveled so far down the rabbit hole that they cannot see themselves as the majority of Americans see them. All they do is yell at clouds and b!tch about America not undestanding conservatism. Did you ever stop to think that the majority of Americans understand the Republican version of conservatism all too much. That's why the Republicans keep losing the popular vote in presidential elections.

Funny and true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTCRwi71_ns
Can't watch the youtUB her at work. Anyhow did you ever get the name of the Jew who made the short racist film that caused those 4 people to be killed in the mosh pit at Bengazi?
__________________
something less offensive
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.