women are right! - Page 13 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-16-12, 16:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post

babyface sevilla i dare to say is in his best shape ever. you should be thankfull that's he's not allowed on europe soil because he would kick aszes like there is no tomorrow
Hillarious
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-16-12, 16:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
So is Alexander Kristoff a world class rider now?
John Gadret was fourth in the Giro by the way.

Boom's ride in Roubaix was more impressive than a win in an Italian semi-classic. Or his fifth place at the Worlds leaving all Colombians behind.

So if you're only interested in watching the highest level in a sport like Ryo says, why would you bother watching South-American racing? It's a genuine question. I don't understand lol.
If you're competing at the highest level of a sport you should be considered world class.

Boom's Worlds is more impressive than the Colombian silver in the Olympics???
Old 11-16-12, 16:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
If you're competing at the highest level of a sport you should be considered world class.

Boom's Worlds is more impressive than the Colombian silver in the Olympics???
Obviously not. There's a hierarchy in the World Tour.

Uran has been pro in Europe for what 6 years now? Since then he won 4 races, I'm sorry, but I don't call that world class. He might become world class eventually, but hey, so can Boom or Stybar.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-16-12 at 16:16.
Old 11-16-12, 16:07

Quote:
pistolero, next time please watch some south american racing.please
see some videos, see riders physiques,see some average speeds.
in some races, the level is mid 90's europe. they fly on every race.50 km/h for hours on flat,25 km/h uphill on beast of a climbs. not women cycling exactly lol.

babyface sevilla i dare to say is in his best shape ever. you should be thankfull that's he's not allowed on europe soil because he would kick aszes like there is no tomorrow.

but the comparison colombian cycling/women cycling is straight ridiculous.
Oscar Sevilla would get his *** kicked if he ever came back to Europe. A lot of Colombian cyclists have failed in Europe for decades now and it's only recently that we're seeing a decent breed of climbers, but still nothing extraordinary with the exception of a very talented Nairo Quintana. Who's not racing in South-America anymore now is he?

Sevilla didn't even kick asses when he was doping it up in Europe, so please spare me that bull****.

If they're flying up mountains so fast why are they getting dropped by Ryder Hesjedal in the Giro?
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-16-12 at 16:19.
Old 11-16-12, 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustienordic View Post
I would watch womens cycling if they showed it more, but its just like womens nordic: the winner wins by over a minute, while in guys someone wins by the length of a boot. Its less exciting to see the same people dominate every single race (Vos) no matter what type of race it is. Up the depth of the field and more people will watch!
Up the exposure of their events, you will see an eventual increase in participation in the sport, leading to more competitive, balanced fields. If you simply give up on the sport for women then you're sending it to it's demise. I agree with running women's events on the same day as men and televising them back to back. As LS said increase the availability of viewing and you allow the casual fan to eventually develop an emotional attachment to the participants.

Still though the demands for equal pay are ludicrous. The men get paid way more because they draw a much larger audience and in turn sponsors are willing to invest more to support the sport. They need to start treating the women's level the same as the U-23 in terms of being seen as development, except what their developing is the sport as whole and promoting the sport competitively for women. They have to create a storyline of drama that draws the audience in by featuring the biggest stars on the women's side, with maybe a history of their past events and battles.
Old 11-16-12, 16:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnout View Post
Not the only point, but it plays a role.

Not once either. Wednesday night rides of some 80km, he participated in them for fun and was on par (sometimes stronger in the end, sometimes he lost out). Not talking about a sprint, but about general speed during the ride in the Posbank area (slightly hilly terrain northeast of Arnhem).

If you're interested, other people in the ride included -- - ------, a quite decent marathon speedskater. Anyway, for the sake of privacy this is all I will tell in public, I don't like talking about other people online so I will edit this message tomorrow (don't quote it please).
You describe it as a ride not a race. What was her intention in doing the ride?
In her defense while your friend was trying to show what he could do vs professional athletes, is it possible they had goals other than competing with those on the ride? It could have been looked at as a casual spin many in the group, a fun ride, and your friend is potentially busting a lung trying to prove his worth. Maybe he should have announced at the beginning of this "ride" that he was serious and planning on bringing the pain. It wouldn't be the first time that someone did a ride and later announced to their friends that they punished the pro's or riders that were high profile without these riders knowing that he was taking it a lot more serious than they were.
Old 11-16-12, 16:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnout View Post
Thank you very much for telling me what happened. Enjoying your armchair?
...and your response implies that you were there when you've stated you're getting this info about this ride second hand.
Old 11-16-12, 16:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
If they're flying up mountains so fast why are they getting dropped by Ryder Hesjedal in the Giro?
?????what one has to do with another????

i said the level in south america races is extremely high. i never said that some of those riders can keep the same level and fitness in europe races.
same as some north american riders demolish everything in american races but fade away in europe. or the french guys only in ASO races, portuguese in theirs and so on. hometurf advantage is indisputable
my point is still valid, there is very high level of racing in south american and the managers and cycling involved persons from europe who went there confirmed it.

by the way,farnese at vuelta tachira in january. wait to see them slaughtered
Old 11-16-12, 16:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
...and your response implies that you were there when you've stated you're getting this info about this ride second hand.
I had a friend who was a continental level rider and another friend of mine who was a girl and had never seen a bike before had a race against him and won.

Honest.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-16-12, 17:08

Quote:
?????what one has to do with another????

i said the level in south america races is extremely high. i never said that some of those riders can keep the same level and fitness in europe races.
same as some north american riders demolish everything in american races but fade away in europe. or the french guys only in ASO races, portuguese in theirs and so on. hometurf advantage is indisputable
my point is still valid, there is very high level of racing in south american and the managers and cycling involved persons from europe who went there confirmed it.

by the way,farnese at vuelta tachira in january. wait to see them slaughtered
American races aren't high level, the ones in the USA at least. The French guys haven't won an ASO race in years(LBL, FW, Roubaix, Paris-Nice, Criterium du Dauphiné, Paris-Tours and the Tour de France). Although yes, they are often much better in the Tour than the rest of the season, but that's just one race and not even for the overall. Portuguese are dominating Portuguese cycling because most of the field is Portuguese... Ergo not of a very high level.

Belgians haven't won many LBLs or FW, and that's because those races are of the highest level and have an international field. Home-turf advantage is brought to a minimum then.

The level in South-America doesn't come close to the level in Europe, hence according to Ryo's logic he should hate it.

By the way, Farnese Vini is a small team.

Tour de San Luis is probably the race with the best international field last few years in South-America...
Quote:

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-17-12 at 13:37.