U.S. Politics - Page 514 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 11-16-12, 17:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Maybe they can borrow your .50 cal?
They could since I'm considering on getting a spare. The New one I want is the one with the mount to put in the back of my 74 Dodge pickuptruck. They could surely make do with my old one.

Looks like the worlds nuke peeps say they have no idea what Iran is doing because they are not allowed to get in and poke around. What the **** were they expecting an invitation to come take a look? Heck the election observers were not even allowed into polling stations in Texas and you expect Iran to just say hey be my guest come on in and check out our enrichment program. LMAO

The only way to get inside the Iran Nuke complex is to blow it the **** up and look at it from space with a satellite.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Last edited by Glenn_Wilson; 11-16-12 at 18:06.
Old 11-16-12, 17:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphronesis View Post
You're right, I only date the right wing lawyers and such--the female fashion sense is a little difficult to take at times, but you make do.

That you have the chops, sure, but as Bro and others suggest (and I considered posting earlier) you seem to mostly consume information that best suits the economic reality in which you would most like to find yourself.

I'm aware of the ways in which Cal lifestyle politics and social policies can put one off aspects of the lite-liberal agenda, but it's not always clear the extent to which you believe some the memes you trot out.

Going back to the press dispute, are you telling me that journalism was still objective and investigative during W's term, but that they only just stopped when Obam got elected the first time?

Right.
I read Politico, DailyKos, NY Times, Krugman, Daily Caller, Drudge, Thomas Sowell, Washington Times and Post, HuffPo, UK Mail, Cyclingnews, nyvelocity, motocross action, velonews, espn, fox news, vital MX and the like almost every day.

I don't watch too much tv news unless it's Megyn Kelly. I'll watch that.

Quote:
are you telling me that journalism was still objective and investigative during W's term
Relative to BO? Yep. But there's certainly been a decline that spans more than just the last four years. My opinion.
Old 11-16-12, 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloCity View Post
They didn't go off "media reports" - Petraeus testified that the CIA originally thought it was a protest stemming from the video as well.

http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill...-lawmakers-say
Have you read your own link?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/16/politi...html?hpt=hp_t2

"Former CIA Director David Petraeus told lawmakers at a closed-door briefing Friday the agency believed the assault on the U.S. Consulate in Libya was a terrorist attack from the beginning.

Petraeus also indicated the talking points used by U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice in several cable television appearances after the attack were different from the ones prepared by the CIA, Rep. Pete King (R-N.Y.) told reporters."

I done exactly what you did with the same article. Cherry picked something. You posted the part that fits what you want to post. Thanks for that.
Old 11-16-12, 18:03

Quote:
They didn't go off "media reports" - Petraeus testified that the CIA originally thought it was a protest stemming from the video as well.

Quote:
Petraeus told lawmakers on Friday that the CIA felt in the first 24 hours that the attack was the result of a protest over the anti-Islamic YouTube video.

So how long did the WH run with the youtube video story after they knew it was crap? A coupla weeks?

Poor Susan Rice. Talk about getting fed to the wolves...
Old 11-16-12, 18:09

Quote:

So how long did the WH run with the youtube video story after they knew it was crap? A coupla weeks?
Until the intelligence agencies started to reassess their own intelligence.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democ.../11/susan-rice

It's just Solyndra all over again, the right desperately trying to create a scandal where there is none.

Quote:
Obviously there's a huge temptation to turn any incident that could reflect badly on the opposition's government, such as the killing of an ambassador in a terrorist attack, into some kind of scandal. But this attempt is just absurd. The strategy here has been to shout "Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi!" until the public begins to think there's something fishy going on with Benghazi, and then move on to targeting administration figures because...Benghazi! If this actually works, we are all still in kindergarten.
er, not "we".

Or, as Sullivan puts it:

Quote:
But that's not the debate the current GOP wants to have. Because they are not actually interested in government so much as in politics. And rather than figure out why they have strayed so far from sanity, and lost the support of an entire generation, they wallow in paranoia and conspiracy.
http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/

Last edited by VeloCity; 11-16-12 at 18:14.
Old 11-16-12, 18:11

Quote:
lol, who's now serving a one 21 month jail sentence. I'm sure it's all legit. You know, parole violations and what not.
Man committing parole violations draws world wide attention to himself by making bigoted video and ends up back in prison. Who could have predicted that?
Old 11-16-12, 18:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
Man committing parole violations draws world wide attention to himself by making bigoted video and ends up back in prison. Who could have predicted that?
Yeah, it's not like he was growing weed or something.

Next thing you'll hear is he's in the pokey for his own protection

Last edited by Scott SoCal; 11-16-12 at 18:28.
Old 11-16-12, 18:28

Quote:
Until the intelligence agencies started to reassess their own intelligence.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democ.../11/susan-rice

It's just Solyndra all over again, the right desperately trying to create a scandal where there is none.

er, not "we".

Or, as Sullivan puts it:

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/
Andy's pretty non-partisan. Good source.

So, Peter King says Petraeus knew "almost immediately" that it was a terrorist attack but miraculously the CIA "talking points" distributed were altered from those that were written. Oops.

Petraeus is probably lying under oath. That must be it.
Old 11-16-12, 18:39

Quote:
Yeah, it's not like he was growing weed or something.
He would just say he needed it for medicinal purposes just like all the other potheads.

Funny how pharmaceutical companies have not been able to isolate the exact compound in weed that is responsible for a specific medical effect and put it in a pill that does cause the taker to get high.

Last edited by BroDeal; 11-16-12 at 18:45.
Old 11-16-12, 18:40

Quote:
Andy's pretty non-partisan. Good source.

So, Peter King says Petraeus knew "almost immediately" that it was a terrorist attack but miraculously the CIA "talking points" distributed were altered from those that were written. Oops.

Petraeus is probably lying under oath. That must be it.
Peter King's pretty non-partisan. Good source. I guess he got tired of those anti-Muslim hearings.

Hey whatever happened to Solyndra anyway? I thought that was the scandal that was going to bring Obama down. Keep plugging away, maybe someday you'll hit paydirt.