UCI World Cup - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Track > General

General From the kilo to the hour record, if it's on the velodrome it goes in here

Old 11-16-12, 13:42

Default UCI World Cup

Kicks off in Glasgow tonight it's live on the BBC Website and highlights will air on BBC One or Two tomorrow. Jason Kenny, Philip Hindes & Ed Clancy are riding the Team Sprint and Laura Trott is riding in the endurance events.
Old 11-16-12, 17:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatParker117 View Post
Kicks off in Glasgow tonight it's live on the BBC Website and highlights will air on BBC One or Two tomorrow. Jason Kenny, Philip Hindes & Ed Clancy are riding the Team Sprint and Laura Trott is riding in the endurance events.
It kicked off last night (Friday) - results are available from home page.

Last edited by avanti; 11-17-12 at 01:04.
Old 11-16-12, 17:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
It kicked off last night (Friday) - results are available from home page.
Started this morning I mistakenly thought the BBC were broadcasting the whole event.
Old 11-16-12, 17:53

Well GB wont win the team pursuit thats for sure

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/20362405

oopps!
they told us our hero has played his trump card he doesn't know how to go on, we're clinging to his charm and determined smile, but the good old days are gone........ were gonna get burned, burned.....
Old 11-16-12, 18:20

I was looking on The Beeb's website to see if they had video of this. They don't.
Old 11-16-12, 18:23

Yes if you click on the link I have given above it will take you to it. Unless they have blocked acess from abroad that is, they sometimes have to if they dont have the rights. It might be on Sky if so.
they told us our hero has played his trump card he doesn't know how to go on, we're clinging to his charm and determined smile, but the good old days are gone........ were gonna get burned, burned.....
Old 11-16-12, 19:33

I had to dig a bit, but it wasn't on the BBC or Sky website. Video of it is on Trackworldcup.co.uk.

The second rider touches the first rider's rear wheel, and sweeps the other two up.
Old 11-16-12, 22:48

Really good performance from Team Arnie in the men's sprint. Is that the biggest team to compete in any cycling event

Was a bit disapointed not to see Ben Swift not given a go in the team sprint, but I'm sure Clancy will grow into it. Cavendish has pretty much confirmed he'd like to be given a chance for Rio 2016

All new men's team pursuit were looking good, until the crash.. Again, Wiggins has hinted he'd like to make a return for Rio, Thomas and Kennaugh too?

Fantastic performance by the UK women's teams. Will be interesting to see what happens in the individuals tomorrow

Last edited by postmanhat; 11-17-12 at 17:59. Reason: drunkeness
Old 11-17-12, 01:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatParker117 View Post
Started this morning I mistakenly thought the BBC were broadcasting the whole event.
My mistake - I thought is was Saturday today .
Old 11-17-12, 22:40

Another good night for the German sprinters.

Vogel had too much pace and nouse for Jess Varnish in the Gold medal race, winning 2-0. Becky James took Bronze from Lee of Hong Knog

In the Men's Kierin final, Jason Kenny rode into the back wheel of Botiecher on the final bend, crashed out and took La Farge with him. Easy victory for the German, but he looked like he would have won it anyway

In the women's Ominium, Andipoff (sp?) of Australia was leading well after two events, but cocked up in the elimination, which Trotty won (of course. Trott now only one point behind with two events to go, so must be favourite? Nasty crash for the german girl in this event. Race held up and she was stretchered off