Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-16-12, 19:33

Cyclingnews publish an overview of the most important retirements after 2012, not even mentioning the name of David Moncoutie.

They issue full articles with BS statements of the likes of Freire about Armstrong, they write about Vinokourov again and again, but no space left for the clean guys.

Great, really great.
Old 11-16-12, 19:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRH19861986 View Post
Cyclingnews publish an overview of the most important retirements after 2012, not even mentioning the name of David Moncoutie.

They issue full articles with BS statements of the likes of Freire about Armstrong, they write about Vinokourov again and again, but no space left for the clean guys.

Great, really great.
How does a cycling website write a article about the riders that are retiring this year and not talk about Freire and Moncoutie but do talk about Grischa Niermann and Jeremy Hunt? I Don't get that.
Old 11-16-12, 20:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
How does a cycling website write a article about the riders that are retiring this year and not talk about Freire and Moncoutie but do talk about Grischa Niermann and Jeremy Hunt? I Don't get that.
Oh, I see I didn´t notice Freire´s also missing... Yes, that further decreases the value of the composition of the article.

At least they didn´t forget Soler, which I like, but in all, they (CN), like all the others, like Velonation, Velonews and so on, still refuse to change attitude. Write and talk about cheaters and self-called cycling rescuers like Vaughters and Millar, instead of reading between the lines and giving a voice to those who got and get cheated.

Interviewing Nibali is great, but how about interviewing Lövqvist?

AAh, that´s lame, Lövkvist is a guy who never had his breakthrough and now even moves down to ProConti.

Or why not even interviewing Houanard? He´s a cheat, but for other reasons someone like Vino cheated, and Vino got so much attention throughout the years, and still gets.

These editors are intelligent, but - I´m sorry - coward people.

I think Jean-Francois Quenet is his name, he writes here about the French guys, knows them well and would have all knowledge and sensations about clean guys, especially French. Why doesn´t he have possibilities here to issue stuff about that?

Omerta, also amongst those who damn it.
Old 11-16-12, 20:45

i'm sure they wrote and they will write about david too. they wrote about oscarito also. why so angry?on the other hand, i should be.
all those damn news about anti doping, anti doping...what the hell is that stuff, i'm beginning now to afraid that next year will lack in entertainment if everyone is whining like babies. vai uci,do your job!

is lovkvist still racing, thought he retired? he should talk with the legs just like grande vino says .and why the hell i will read about the clean french blabla, i want to read about rolland,t-blanc and the other superstars. it's entertainment people, stop getting so sensitive about sports.

Vino 4ever

"Primo Fausto Coppi. In attesa degli altri corridori, trasmettiamo musica da ballo".

"Ecco che scatta Pantani! Scatto di Pantani!!!”

"-Che grinta che ha Danilo!
-E' un grande veramente..."
Old 11-16-12, 22:02

Tbh CN did an full article on Freire some time ago as jens_attacks. That's why the omission I guess.

Better to have ( cyclingnews and it's articles and reports ) this than nothing at all.
Old 11-17-12, 07:47

if this is about the notable retirements artictle, i think it was a 2 part article and this is just the first part.
Old 11-17-12, 09:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRH19861986 View Post
Oh, I see I didn´t notice Freire´s also missing... Yes, that further decreases the value of the composition of the article.
Two posts ago you dismissed him as an irrelevant drug cheat...

That's how the brains of (some) cycling fans work these days: you don't call Armstrong the biggest son of a biatch on the planet (but part of a whole system of sons of biatches) and immediately you're suspect yourself.
Old 11-17-12, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post

That's how the brains of (some) cycling fans work these days: you don't call Armstrong the biggest son of a biatch on the planet (but part of a whole system of sons of biatches) and immediately you're suspect yourself.
Well, Freire is important, at least more important than Niermann and Hunt, with regard to victories.

I think Freire´s comments were ridiculous. He better shuts up instead of saying really insane things. Never had any suspicion about Armstong... The whole world, also outside cycling, considered LA as an epitome of doping in sports over many years, it was only evidence that was lacking.
Old 11-17-12, 10:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post

Im surprised by you. Usually you are better than this. Obviously calling freire an irrelevant drug cheat is really pushing it, but to suspect people who side with Armstrong makes perfect sense. Its clear as water that large numbers of.uncaught riders have/had some.skeletons in the closet and going by who openly sides with la and the like seems to.me to be 1 of the more effective ways cycling fans have of putting some names.to.the blanks.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.

Last edited by The Hitch; 11-17-12 at 11:07.
Old 11-17-12, 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Don't recall significant new signings for next year, so will this result in a reduction in contribution from Lotto or Belisol?

(always nice to see a new sponsor these days)
Actually, they lost 2 sponsors, so besides Telenet the teams needs another sponsor to have a budget equal to last year's.