Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 21 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-12, 13:58

Tourmalet and Madeleine, indeed. On both climbs Gesink rode on the front for large parts of the climb.

BTW please don't start another "Gesink is the biggest loser cycling has ever seen" discussion, Ryo. The point was that Menchov suffered from Gesink being the coming man. Well, he absolutely didn't, to the contrary.
Old 11-16-12, 14:00
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
can you show it, because I don't remember it anymore

gesink paced menchov pretty much all the way up.
Old 11-16-12, 15:34
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? you are saying samu is having the same amount of luck as nibali? or a number of others I could say.
No, I am saying that luck doesn't play any more a role in Nibali's results than they do when any other rider gets good results. When a rider has a year of bad luck like Sanchez has had with crashes and injuries then luck plays a much larger role for them. So you are right that for different riders luck can play a larger or smaller role. But I don't think Nibali's good results and high place in the rankings is just because his is luckier than all the other riders.
Old 11-16-12, 18:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
No, I am saying that luck doesn't play any more a role in Nibali's results than they do when any other rider gets good results. When a rider has a year of bad luck like Sanchez has had with crashes and injuries then luck plays a much larger role for them. So you are right that for different riders luck can play a larger or smaller role. But I don't think Nibali's good results and high place in the rankings is just because his is luckier than all the other riders.
So Contador was lucky in 2008?
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 11-16-12, 20:54
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
So Contador was lucky in 2008?
You'll have to explain what you mean there, how does that relate to what I said?
Old 11-17-12, 14:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
nibali has had way more luck in opponents crashing out, or injuries by others or horrible starting fields in general like the vuelta he won.
Old 11-17-12, 15:12

i really want andy schleck to win it but we just dont know how the injury has affected him , if he has come out of it well and is able to train to full capacity there is still a hope that the best is still yet to come from him .

the route for 2013 looks to be a climbers paradise and lets be honest here there are only a few riders that can actually win the race so if he can come into the race fit and on form i believe he still has a great chance to win .
Old 11-17-12, 15:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades1 View Post
i really want andy schleck to win it but we just dont know how the injury has affected him , if he has come out of it well and is able to train to full capacity there is still a hope that the best is still yet to come from him .

the route for 2013 looks to be a climbers paradise and lets be honest here there are only a few riders that can actually win the race so if he can come into the race fit and on form i believe he still has a great chance to win .
There is Alberto who can match if not beat him in the mountains and can beat him in the tt. Maybe Andy can win if something happens to Alberto.
Old 11-17-12, 16:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades1 View Post
i really want andy schleck to win it
Why in gods name would anyone want that.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-17-12, 17:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Why in gods name would anyone want that.
To be honest, that would be really funny but it is impossible to happen though