Transfers and Rumours 2012 > 2013 - Page 329 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3281  
Old 11-17-12, 17:53
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui Quinta View Post
José Mendes will ride in NetApp and Hernâni Brôco won't ride in LA.


LA Antarte, Efapel-Glassdrive and Louletano/Dunas Douradas are 100% ok. Carmim-Prio are searching new sponsors (because need more money) and about OFM-Valongo I have small doubts.
Onda-Boavista seems very difficult to keep on continental level.
broco is going back to la. it was announced some time ago
  #3282  
Old 11-17-12, 17:58
Pentacycle's Avatar
Pentacycle Pentacycle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloin22 View Post
Big and unexpected news for me tbh.

Gianni Meersman leaves Lotto-Belisol over WorldTour uncertainty

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13...certainty.aspx

Some team had to make him very good offer. So it's gotta be someone like Sky, BMC or RSNT.
This option was a part of his contract, if you know that it isn't a big surprise at all.

Does anybody know if and how this will hurt Lotto in the race for a WT-license? Meersman had one of their largest RV's.
__________________
Next year could be the same as the Giro '13; Nibali rides a phenomenal first week, but after that there's just no one around who has any hope of taking time back.
  #3283  
Old 11-17-12, 18:00
janraaskalt janraaskalt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
This option was a part of his contract, if you know that it isn't a big surprise at all.
No, it isn't. It is a general UCI contract rule. All riders of all teams which did not meet the initial UCI World Tour requirements are free to go.
  #3284  
Old 11-17-12, 18:05
Afrank's Avatar
Afrank Afrank is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 8,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloin22 View Post
Big and unexpected news for me tbh.

Gianni Meersman leaves Lotto-Belisol over WorldTour uncertainty

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13...certainty.aspx

Some team had to make him very good offer. So it's gotta be someone like Sky, BMC or RSNT.
hmm, a rider leaving over uncertainty of the team getting into the WT. That won't bode well for the teams world tour hopes.

On the bright side it would give Saxo and Argos a better chance of getting in the WT.
  #3285  
Old 11-17-12, 18:11
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
hmm, a rider leaving over uncertainty of the team getting into the WT. That won't bode well for the teams world tour hopes.

On the bright side it would give Saxo and Argos a better chance of getting in the WT.
That's just an excuse to get a bigger paycheck.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
  #3286  
Old 11-17-12, 18:14
Afrank's Avatar
Afrank Afrank is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 8,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
That's just an excuse to get a bigger paycheck.
Even if it was, the fact that he is leaving and that this is the reason he is giving for his departure doesn't do the teams WT hopes any favor.
  #3287  
Old 11-17-12, 18:16
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Even if it was, the fact that he is leaving and that this is the reason he is giving for his departure doesn't do the teams WT hopes any favor.
WT points aren't going with Meersman, he missed the deadline.

This is just an excuse to get a bigger paycheck, nothing more nothing less.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
  #3288  
Old 11-17-12, 18:19
Pentacycle's Avatar
Pentacycle Pentacycle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
WT points aren't going with Meersman, he missed the deadline.

This is just an excuse to get a bigger paycheck, nothing more nothing less.
So this Meersman guy is probably one of the smartest of them all. He hasn't even got an incredible talent but still he gets a good salary out of it. Chapeau for him!
__________________
Next year could be the same as the Giro '13; Nibali rides a phenomenal first week, but after that there's just no one around who has any hope of taking time back.
  #3289  
Old 11-17-12, 18:35
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
So this Meersman guy is probably one of the smartest of them all. He hasn't even got an incredible talent but still he gets a good salary out of it. Chapeau for him!
meersman always had and has incredible talent. you have no idea clearly
  #3290  
Old 11-17-12, 18:53
Pentacycle's Avatar
Pentacycle Pentacycle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
meersman always had and has incredible talent. you have no idea clearly
O silly me... All I remember from him this year was that he wanted to win the Brabantse Pijl, but gave up during the local laps. Oh yeah, and raising his hands in the last stage of Tour Wallonie or something. He didn't impress in the major classics at all.

He claims to have the same potential as Gilbert(maybe you can tell me more about his potential or where he's shown this), but he's just a sprinter. Ofc he's had a lot of injuries which have slowed him down. But he's almost 27, he should've shown something impressive in the classics already.
__________________
Next year could be the same as the Giro '13; Nibali rides a phenomenal first week, but after that there's just no one around who has any hope of taking time back.

Last edited by Pentacycle; 11-17-12 at 18:55.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.