what's your demand for cycling clothes? - Page 2 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > General

General Discuss your experiences road riding, share knowledge or other general road cycling topics. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 10-02-12, 10:08

+1 for all above -- especially flat seams and something gentler than the silicon grippers (i have delicate skin that is easily irritated).

Last edited by thirteen; 10-02-12 at 20:29.
Old 10-03-12, 00:06

Raingear that isn't plasticky feeling.
Softshell layering system that is loose and warm below freezing.
Old 10-04-12, 23:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
+1 for all above -- especially flat seams and something gentler than the silicon grippers (i have delicate skin that is easily irritated).
Our club's new Louis Garneau bib-shorts have a wide strip of different/heavier spandex in lieu of the gripper elastic. It works well and is comfy. I also have some old Descent bibs that have a similar arrangement. More comfy than the gripper elastic for sure; and I haven't had any problems with them "riding up". And they don't leave a textured "trench" in your leg!

Unfortunately, the chamois pads in the Louis Garneau bibs (claimed to be their top of the line) just rub me raw after about 4 hours. 6 hours the other weekend had me bleeding a little! Ouch!
Old 10-05-12, 15:24

Jerseys and tights that are waterproof (or, more realistically, water repellent) but highly breathable and no warmer than regular gear.
Old 10-05-12, 17:06

What makes cycling clothing difficult is the range of speeds we encounter. Going up a steep hill, we might be doing 10-12 mph, generating a bunch of heat and sweat. Then we go do down that hill at >35 mph, coasting and generating no heat. In the cooler months, all the sweat we produce going up the hill chills us when we go back down that hill.
Old 10-06-12, 15:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkybiker View Post
Our club's new Louis Garneau bib-shorts have a wide strip of different/heavier spandex in lieu of the gripper elastic. It works well and is comfy. I also have some old Descent bibs that have a similar arrangement. More comfy than the gripper elastic for sure; and I haven't had any problems with them "riding up". And they don't leave a textured "trench" in your leg!

Unfortunately, the chamois pads in the Louis Garneau bibs (claimed to be their top of the line) just rub me raw after about 4 hours. 6 hours the other weekend had me bleeding a little! Ouch!
Have you tried using some chamois cream? Sounds like you might need it...
Old 10-09-12, 17:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancellator View Post
Have you tried using some chamois cream? Sounds like you might need it...
In all the years I've cycled I've never used cream, nor needed it, until those particular bib-shorts. I find the idea of being all damp and squidgy appalling.
Old 10-09-12, 20:27

something that doesn't make me look fat.

EZ to take a leak with bibs

EZ access to pockets on back of jersey?

as a start

bring back the leather chamois
Old 10-11-12, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing View Post

bring back the leather chamois
Oh god, no! Those things were terrible.
Old 11-18-12, 10:13

in terms of look and fashion it ought to be more Jil Sander than Tommy Hilfiger :d

the functional aspects dont need so much attention as the look and feel - if you wanna charge high end prices then you are searching for classic colours and fine features - if you dont i think we have what we already need

one obvious thing is the cycling shorts / bibs - the offerings on colour really arent what they should be and if you are doing other clothing in various colours then suitable partners have a place