Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-12, 15:21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Lol all of a sudden you don't rate Andy schleck. Go figure.
I prefer to base on suspense. There are too many questions in order to build on what was in 2009, 2010... All that collides with the questions like 'who is stronger purito '12 or schleck '11' or so. Answers to these questions don't exist. But I just don't understand why a rider [Nibali, Purito or anyone else] who vastly improved is considered knowingly and beforehand weaker than Schleck and Contador just on the base of the fact he got 3rd in the Tour without competing against them. Armstrong began from a weak Tour field too and smashed everyone even in a more snorting fashion year later.

What does lol imply? Do you offer me to consider Andy the 1st favorite for the Tour?
Old 11-18-12, 15:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
I prefer to base on suspense. There are too many questions in order to build on what was in 2009, 2010... All that collides with the questions like 'who is stronger purito '12 or schleck '11' or so. Answers to these questions don't exist. But I just don't understand why a rider [Nibali, Purito or anyone else] who vastly improved is considered knowingly and beforehand weaker than Schleck and Contador just on the base of the fact he got 3rd in the Tour without competing against them. Armstrong began from a weak Tour field too and smashed everyone even in a more snorting fashion year later.

What does lol imply? Do you offer me to consider Andy the 1st favorite for the Tour?
Schleck and Contador are favourites for most of cycling fans.Whats wrong about it?What is not clear about it?They was and ARE two best climbers cos they have IT.Purito and Nibali dont have IT,oh god its so simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-18-12, 15:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Schleck and Contador are favourites for most of cycling fans.Whats wrong about it?What is not clear about it?They was and ARE two best climbers cos they have IT.Purito and Nibali dont have IT,oh god its so simple
Don't argue with him lol
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Old 11-18-12, 16:22
Banned

Quote:
It was simple in 2010.

OK, how does it match a notorious theory that riding 2 gts in a year is impossible? This year Giro was easier than last year one exactly by the stage to Etna not more, however, Rodriguez fired at both GTs. Purito didn't have a meaningful physical reserve in comparison to Contador, but they were equal on the climbs. But after that he doesn't have it, right?

Last edited by airstream; 11-18-12 at 16:38.
Old 11-18-12, 16:44
Administrator

Quote:
It was simple in 2010.

OK, how does it match a notorious theory that riding 2 gts in a year is impossible?
no, riding 2 Gts back to back is impossible.
Giro-Tour --> impossible
Tour-Vuelta --> impossible
Giro-Vuelta --> possible and successfully done various times.
Old 11-18-12, 16:45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshnar View Post
no, riding 2 Gts back to back is impossible.
Giro-Tour --> impossible
Tour-Vuelta --> impossible
Giro-Vuelta --> possible and successfully done various times.
How does one regard 2011? Coincidence?
Old 11-18-12, 16:47
Administrator

Quote:
How does one regard 2011? Coincidence?
I'd say yes.
it worked with AC 2008, Nibali 2010, Purito 2012 and countless other times (these are just the first I remembered).
Old 11-18-12, 16:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Don't argue with him lol
You know I was bored, Im watching tennis and there was break between sets,so
Quote:
It was simple in 2010.

OK, how does it match a notorious theory that riding 2 gts in a year is impossible? This year Giro was easier than last year one exactly by the stage to Etna not more, however, Rodriguez fired at both GTs. Purito didn't have a meaningful physical reserve in comparison to Contador, but they were equal on the climbs. But after that he doesn't have it, right?
Just like wrote Eshnar,back to back is impossible...Hey,we both follow cycling for long time so why are you asking for this stupid Q?I dont believe you are troll,so I dont understand it.
And compare Purito fitness to Alberto's one is tough,we dont know if they were eqaul or not(i know you love comparsion like 80%Contador or 100%Nibali)

But I really want to know this answer.Now,in November 2012 you dont think Alberto and Andy are the best climbers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-18-12, 17:01
Banned

Quote:
But I really want to know this answer.Now,in November 2012 you dont think Alberto and Andy are the best climbers?
I consider Froome to be equal to both of them. And Rodriguez and Nibali are weaker not that much to consider them a 2nd categorie climbers. They are a little bit weaker.
Old 11-18-12, 17:10

Quote:

What does lol imply? Do you offer me to consider Andy the 1st favorite for the Tour
The lol is because you spent all of last year pretending to be a schleck fan to troll the contador crowd, but the second a contador fan praises Andy you lose all allegiance to your supposed favorite rider. True colours.

And write as many paragraphs as you want, but nibali and purito simply are not in the league of contador and schleck, and even their most passionate fans (apart.from.that deluded Canadian who thinks nibali will win 7 tours) would argue that they are.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.