Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > General

General Discuss your experiences road riding, share knowledge or other general road cycling topics. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-18-12, 20:38

Default 50 year old tours US capitols 15,000 miles.

Hello, my name is Daniel from Cottonwood AZ and I am asking for the clubs support in welcoming Romano Scaturro into Phoenix this Wednesday the 21st.
Romano (Cornville AZ)at age 50 is human powering himself to all 50 state capitols to raise money for two children. Dakota Nash, fighting leukemia, and Kelsea Freeman with cystic fibrosis. Romano has been cycling without any support team since last April when he began from Alaska. Phoenix finishes the 49th state reachable by land with only Hawaii left to go. He will reach Hawaii by rowboat next summer to complete 17,000 miles and 50 capitols by human power.
We would like to give Romano an amazing welcome in person but unfortunately Dakota is in the ICU at the moment. I am asking for club members to get the word out and meet Romano along his final leg from Wickenburg into the Phoenix Capitol where he will meet with Governor Brewer and staff. There are currently about a dozen cyclists following him in. A hundred more would be spectacular.
Check out Romano's 50@50 journey and up to the minute details at his foundation site: www.Fraank.org

Thank You