Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 26 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-12, 22:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
yes. I believe the official wording is that he won and it was taken away.
I thought so! Thus officially he didn't slaughter anyone.
Old 11-18-12, 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
you mean the same rider that has bene seen with ferrari near etna?
He's sicilian, so it makes sense he'd drive his ferrari around the volcano roads.
Old 11-18-12, 22:07
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
no it doesn't have 2 sides. unless you can come up with an(other) example of a rider that hasn't been in compeition for 8 months and then still managed to win a gt or some other huge race if you like
there's nobody to compare to. gonna expect 10 year more until another really big fish to be popped to make conclusion.

Last edited by airstream; 11-18-12 at 22:13.
Old 11-18-12, 22:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
I thought so! Thus officially he didn't slaughter anyone.
"Officially" doesnt care for the manner of the victory. What we refer to when we use metaphors like "slaughter" is not the latest wikipedia ranking, but what we saw on the road.

I dont know what you saw, I (and everyone else it seems) saw Contador slaughter Nibali at the 2011 Giro.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-18-12, 22:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
"Officially" doesnt care for the manner of the victory. What we refer to when we use metaphors like "slaughter" is not the latest wikipedia ranking, but what we saw on the road.

I dont know what you saw, I (and everyone else it seems) saw Contador slaughter Nibali at the 2011 Giro.
After Landis won the 2006 Tour what did you see, a real winner? <---- Rhetorical
Old 11-18-12, 22:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
there's nobody to compare to. gonna expect 10 year more until another really big fish to be popped to make conclusion.
In other words your argument has no foundation and you're flying by the seat of your pants.
Old 11-18-12, 22:45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
In other words your argument has no foundation and you're flying by the seat of your pants.
To poke in the fact with zero alternatives (just because of absence of anological experience) is not a problem.
Old 11-18-12, 23:07
Banned

Quote:
What I think is that you totally choose to not to take into consideration that 6 months away from competition should not be looked at as a positive. I can't recall any rider's preparation for their season's objective being a purposeful avoidance of racing for 6 months.
maybe you can recall any gt rider who had a purposeful avoidance of racing for 6 months or a rider who could go back so easily after getting caught in GT due to political reasons? I know only Contador and Basso. Others hit black list. Basso registered in Mapei center and laid out his blood values in the 2009 Giro. Where Contador registered is unknown, but I have clear assumptions on what he could have answered if one had asked him to show blood numbers

no, i just find it odd towrite that tight fight between 2 off these 6 months entirely. from outside perspective, it looks like an attempt to justify such a tough victory while swimming in sweet memories of 2009.

Last edited by airstream; 11-18-12 at 23:13.
Old 11-18-12, 23:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
maybe you can recall any gt rider who had a purposeful avoidance of racing for 6 months or a rider who could go back so easily after getting caught in GT due to political reasons? I know only Contador and Basso. Others hit black list. Basso registered in Mapei center and laid out his blood values in the 2009 Giro. Where Contador registered is unknown, but I have clear assumptions on what he could have answered if one had asked him to show blood numbers

no, i just find it odd towrite that tight fight between 2 off these 6 months entirely. from outside perspective, it looks like an attempt to justify such a tough victory while swimming in sweet memories of 2009.
You do realize that clinic related references are not allowed in the Pro Racing forum? In Contador's case you continually seem to simply ignore this rule and get away with it for whatever reasons. It's really getting tiresome.
Old 11-19-12, 05:24
Banned

Quote:
You do realize that clinic related references are not allowed in the Pro Racing forum? In Contador's case you continually seem to simply ignore this rule and get away with it for whatever reasons. It's really getting tiresome.
Do you want to belittle significance of these numbers and their contribution in Vuelta victory or what?