Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 27 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #261  
Old 11-19-12, 06:29
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 17,070
Default

I agree with Angliru mods where are you?
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 11-19-12, 07:07
Alphabet's Avatar
Alphabet Alphabet is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The yard
Posts: 808
Default

Getting back on topic, I think Contador will be the man to beat. I'm not entirely sold on Froome as a contender yet, and there seems to be too much time trialling for Schleck to start as the outright favourite. Sadly, I don't think Cadel has it in him to challenge for the GC anymore. He should really focus on trying to win another GT, instead of turning up to pick up a top 10 place at the 2013 Tour, I just can't see him doing much better than that. Other than that I don't really have a lot to say about the Tour, it's too far away to make many predictions.
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 11-19-12, 07:39
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
You do realize that clinic related references are not allowed in the Pro Racing forum? In Contador's case you continually seem to simply ignore this rule and get away with it for whatever reasons. It's really getting tiresome.
Hm, it is strange you didn't give any other names..

Quote:
What I think is that you totally choose to not to take into consideration that 6 months away from competition should not be looked at as a positive.
In short, freshness is nothing and the Giro gave way more fit = fitness is way more significant than freshness exactly a year after Rodriguez, Nibali and Anton failed in concert in the 2011 Vuelta after the Giro, right? LOL, back then you [fans] shivered from delight, savoring this circumstance and underlining Contador exceptionality. Now, naturally it is forgotten, 'cos racing practice is everything compared to freshness. The things turn upside down very quickly... You know, that would be great to adhere some unified opinion. It's ridiculous up to deformity to handle any fact in a rider's favor.

Contador provokes bigotry.



The Hitch, could you be so kind to explain to me why the 2009 Tour led to the idea sort of 'If Contador is in form, no one can beat him'. I'm sincerely interested in logic of this inference. That Tour was by far strongest, if one says about big guns' general level or what?



Moderators, release the forum from the poster who importunately pursues my modest person instead of discussing cycling in the thread

Last edited by airstream; 11-19-12 at 08:11.
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 11-19-12, 12:28
Angliru's Avatar
Angliru Angliru is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Do you want to belittle significance of these numbers and their contribution in Vuelta victory or what?
There is a proper place designated for those types of discussions, a rule established so that clinical topics are kept in the clinic, and that you, as a quite frequent visitor to this forum, is well aware of but feels he/she is above.
Should we review your posts and see how often you have been in violation of this rule? Would we find that a ban should have been in order? I would hope that you have been warned already by the mod/admins and if so, if I were them I would take this continued skirting of the rules as completely disrespectful, and is a slap in the face to those in the forum who make an effort to follow the rules that are established to keep order and peace.
__________________
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 11-19-12, 12:28
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
there's nobody to compare to. gonna expect 10 year more until another really big fish to be popped to make conclusion.
so basically you sare saying your argument is **** as you have nothing to back it up with. you are hilarious man. keep up the good work
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 11-19-12, 12:34
Angliru's Avatar
Angliru Angliru is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
Getting back on topic, I think Contador will be the man to beat. I'm not entirely sold on Froome as a contender yet, and there seems to be too much time trialling for Schleck to start as the outright favourite. Sadly, I don't think Cadel has it in him to challenge for the GC anymore. He should really focus on trying to win another GT, instead of turning up to pick up a top 10 place at the 2013 Tour, I just can't see him doing much better than that. Other than that I don't really have a lot to say about the Tour, it's too far away to make many predictions.
I thinks it's too early and a mistake to attribute Evans' 2012 Tour performance to his having started the downward slide due to his age. If I'm not mistaken he had some type of illness at a pivotal point of the 2012 Tour and that was the cause of his inability to perform at his 2011 Tour level.

I too am giving Contador the edge as the favorite. I think Andy's year off is going to put him at a disadvantage and it may take until 2014 for him to get back to his top level. Although if we are to subscribe to Airstream's philosophy, Andy should have fresh legs and have an edge on his rivals due to his minimal days of racing in 2012.
__________________
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler

Last edited by Angliru; 11-19-12 at 13:02.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 11-19-12, 12:37
Angliru's Avatar
Angliru Angliru is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Hm, it is strange you didn't give any other names..

What is strange is your singular, obsessive focus of rage on one rider such that it causes you to ignore certain established rules of the forum.
__________________
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 11-19-12, 12:40
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
so basically you sare saying your argument is **** as you have nothing to back it up with. you are hilarious man. keep up the good work
you know I don't quite get your argument while you ask me to recall other riders clearly knowing that they don't exist.

Say, one can say no one but Wiggins won PN, TR, D and TdF in one season and declare on base of that him the strongest rider ever. However, you would immediately burst from disagreement, by saying he's overrated, low-leagued, hyped etc. It's something similar to Contador and his great Vuelta victory. I can not argue with uniqueness of this achievement and I don't do that. I just wouldn't neglect factor of freshness in comparison to Alex and Purito.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru
What is strange is your singular, obsessive focus of rage on one rider such that it causes you to ignore certain established rules of the forum.
Oh, very touching taking care of me. Even ban. Thank you! I can go too far sometimes. What to do, if the head is full of satire. I'm quite objective while estimating the Tour chances anyways. As for other subforum matters, that's that. Contador raised up around himself such karma that doping is doomed to be mentioned in the road racing thread. Any socks are cleaner than him and his conscience. That's it, buddy. I have nothing personal against you, Ryo or anyone else.

Last edited by airstream; 11-19-12 at 12:52.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 11-19-12, 12:52
Angliru's Avatar
Angliru Angliru is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
you know I don't quite get your argument while you ask me to recall other riders clearly knowing that they don't exist.

Say, one can say no one but Wiggins won PN, TR, D and TdF in one season and declare on base of that him the strongest rider ever. However, you would immediately burst from disagreement, by saying he's overrated, low-leagued, hyped etc. It's something similar to Contador and his great Vuelta victory. I can not argue with uniqueness of this achievement and I don't do that. I just wouldn't neglect factor of freshness in comparison to Alex and Purito.
You just posted that Purito, Nibali and Anton had disappointing Vuelta's in 2011 in the same year that they competed in the Giro as supporting evidence to your argument but ignore that Purito had fine performances in this year's Giro and Vuelta, as has Contador and Sastre in the past.

In response to the part of your post in bold, I simply attribute more value to the traditional preparation that riders take to reach top form for their objectives than what you are placing on Contador's consecutive months away from competition and the supposed "fresh legs" that comes with it.
__________________
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 11-19-12, 13:12
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
You just posted that Purito, Nibali and Anton had disappointing Vuelta's in 2011 in the same year that they competed in the Giro as supporting evidence to your argument but ignore that Purito had fine performances in this year's Giro and Vuelta, as has Contador and Sastre in the past.

In response to the part of your post in bold, I simply attribute more value to the traditional preparation that riders take to reach top form for their objectives than what you are placing on Contador's consecutive months away from competition and the supposed "fresh legs" that comes with it.
But an ideal preparation for the Vuelta is not built via overly intense spring & the Giro, is it? Valverde and Purito is a separate story; true magic which makes one be lost in thought whether something changes change for the better in the sport. Contador and Sastre didn't fight against fresh riders in the 2008 Vuelta. Moreover, Contador was fresher than anybody barring Mosquera.

It's a difficult thingy for discussion as we can not imagine how Contador would have prepared if he hadn't had a ban. He obviously wouldn't of trained in the Tour for the Vuelta. Very likely he could have had an intense spring and then a long vacation until Burgos. And anyway he rode Eneco too. He had a certain racing scope before starting in the Vuelta.

Last edited by airstream; 11-19-12 at 13:22.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.