We need a "maillot rouge sang" for the clinic for biggest doper - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-19-12, 02:41

Smile We need a "maillot rouge sang" for the clinic for biggest doper

We should award a clinic jersey for the biggest apparent doper who has not been caught in the current year.

For the past year, I'd rate the contenders as:

1. Froome
2. Wiggins
3. Purito
4. Boonen
5. Contador

Team award: Team Sky
Most aggressive doper: Wiggins
Old 11-19-12, 02:56

Terpstra
Voeckler
Rogers
Old 11-19-12, 02:59
Administrator

I think we shouldn't :S it cheapens the clinic sub forum.. pretty much it is just accusation being thrown at people who do well and that are not well liked here :S... would be better if there was actually evidence but whatever carry on with your slanderous quest !
Old 11-19-12, 03:11

Riche Porte.
Old 11-19-12, 03:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
I think we shouldn't :S it cheapens the clinic sub forum.. pretty much it is just accusation being thrown at people who do well and that are not well liked here :S... would be better if there was actually evidence but whatever carry on with your slanderous quest !
dont see whats wrong with it

Especially if posters expalin why they think those riders should be in those positions.

For me the biggest apparent doper (not been caught) would probably be

1 samuel Sanchez Gonzalez. this is not just for the idiotic thing he said about Lance but also for the fervent defense of Contador last year where he didnt even bother denying contador doped, just said that Contador should be allowed to race.

2 Wiggins - 134th in the tour to 4th when he met lance. Need i say more? Also for going back on everything he had said in his anti doping mode, swearing at a reporter for daring to ask a question (while he himself has no trouble accusing others), Spending the first 7 months of this year citing Lance and USPS as an inspiration, then conveniently claiming he is against everything they stand for once the **** hit the fan

3 Phil Gil. - im taking into account his 2011 season, the fact that he has the records for the ardennes climbs, and his close friendship with Vino

4 Nibali - Bassos best friend moves to Astana to work with Vino and Martinelli. Says Lance did nothing wrong.
New generation is clean my ***

5 Turgot. Dont know exactly how the whereabouts thing is going to go and maybe he has been caught though i dont know. Anyway Could have chosen anyone from Europcar which has had its fair share suspicion but Turgot 2nd in Pr was a surprise and then he misses the test. hmmm

Team award - Astana - Not only do they not try to hide it but their ardennes campaign was as much lol as sky tdf and opqs cobbles. And yes i do get that MI is a quality 1 day rider

Most aggressive doper- Nibali. Or Voeckler. (contador but he has failed a test)
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.

Last edited by The Hitch; 11-19-12 at 03:21.
Old 11-19-12, 03:30
Administrator

well im not going to stop you :S but to post stuff like this with no evidence in my opinion is ridiculous and pretty low ... just my thoughts... I dont see how you can in good conscience pretty much flat out accuse and slander people in this way... but whatever go for it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
dont see whats wrong with it

Especially if posters expalin why they think those riders should be in those positions.

For me the biggest apparent doper (not been caught) would probably be

1 samuel Sanchez Gonzalez. this is not just for the idiotic thing he said about Lance but also for the fervent defense of Contador last year where he didnt even bother denying contador doped, just said that Contador should be allowed to race.

2 Wiggins - 134th in the tour to 4th when he met lance. Need i say more? Also for going back on everything he had said in his anti doping mode, swearing at a reporter for daring to ask a question (while he himself has no trouble accusing others), Spending the first 7 months of this year citing Lance and USPS as an inspiration, then conveniently claiming he is against everything they stand for once the **** hit the fan

3 Phil Gil. - im taking into account his 2011 season, the fact that he has the records for the ardennes climbs, and his close friendship with Vino

4 Nibali - Bassos best friend moves to Astana to work with Vino and Martinelli. Says Lance did nothing wrong.
New generation is clean my ***

5 Turgot. Dont know exactly how the whereabouts thing is going to go and maybe he has been caught though i dont know. Anyway Could have chosen anyone from Europcar which has had its fair share suspicion but Turgot 2nd in Pr was a surprise and then he misses the test. hmmm

Team award - Astana - Not only do they not try to hide it but their ardennes campaign was as much lol as sky tdf and opqs cobbles. And yes i do get that MI is a quality 1 day rider

Most aggressive doper- Nibali. Or Voeckler. (contador but he has failed a test)
Old 11-19-12, 03:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
This +100.

He also went into blame the French mode then said himself is clean because there's no more long breakaways like Virenque conveniently skipping the Armstrong years (this is before USADA).

Last edited by thehog; 11-19-12 at 03:44.
Old 11-19-12, 06:15

not caught this year, eh? I'd say:

Bjarne Riis
Marco Pantani
Ricardo Ricco
Gert-Jan Theunisse
Raimondas Rumsas
Old 11-19-12, 06:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
This +100.

He also went into blame the French mode then said himself is clean because there's no more long breakaways like Virenque conveniently skipping the Armstrong years (this is before USADA).
Had it been after the decision you'd have a point. Before the decision it would have been career suicide if Armstrong had managed to beat the rap (yet again). More to the point, Armstrong never made long lone breaks so would have been a pointless example.
Old 11-19-12, 07:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose McKnuckles View Post
not been caught in the current year.
Valverde? Is there really anyone in the world who would make a case that Valverde rode a clean Vuelta?