We need a "maillot rouge sang" for the clinic for biggest doper - Page 4 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-19-12, 14:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post
You are asking people to look in the mirror - while at the same time accusing the wrong poster of something they did not do? Ok.

Anyway, I thought it was The Hogs role to set up trolling threads to upset the Sky believers. Moose wins this stage.
Olyas is as bad as the others, don't try to obfuscate. Asking me sarcastically what "my sport" is is a ****-poor distraction technique.

What if I told him I was parapleged? What the hell has "my sport" got to do with anything in the discussion?

And if you want to try and dismiss the thread as mere lighthearted trolling to wind up the Sky fanboys that's your perogative.

I see something else, and possibilities for taking the level of the discussion somewhere interesting. OK?

Back to the sandpit if that's what you want though.
Old 11-19-12, 14:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandillusion View Post
No, you're COMPLETELY missing my point...it's like trying to discuss with not very bright five year olds.

The plausibility question is not the important question here, and your pretence that it is, and that you actually give a **** is just a bit nauseating to observe.

Comprende?
If you were actually trying to discuss anything in this thread, you might write in a more straightforward way. It's like some sort of prose striptease. Anyway you're clearly the one on your high horse feigning concern in here (apparently you're not a fan of the sport ). I only posted because you were IMHO being a$$hat.

And if you think the posters in here have a responsibilty to uphold omerta for the sake of the sport (i.e. are responsible for damage to the sport's commercial potential if they discuss doping on a public forum), I disagree. If I still have your meaning wrong, just nvm, forget it.

Last edited by taiwan; 11-19-12 at 15:44. Reason: "what the hell does that mean"
Old 11-19-12, 14:39
Banned

Quote:
Olyas is as bad as the others, don't try to obfuscate. Asking me sarcastically what "my sport" is is a ****-poor distraction technique.

What if I told him I was parapleged? What the hell has "my sport" got to do with anything in the discussion?

And if you want to try and dismiss the thread as mere lighthearted trolling to wind up the Sky fanboys that's your perogative.

I see something else, and possibilities for taking the level of the discussion somewhere interesting. OK?

Back to the sandpit if that's what you want though.
I was not on about Olyas - you accused Palmerq of "salvaging the poor first time poster" ...... It was not Palmerq.
Old 11-19-12, 14:44

[QUOTE=taiwan;1081477]If you were actually trying to discuss anything in this thread, you might write in a more straightforward way. It's like some sort of prose striptease. Anyway you're clearly the one on your high horse feigning concern in here (apparently you're not a fan of the sport ). I only posted because you were IMHO being a$$hat.

And if you think the posters in here have a responsibilty to uphold omerta for the sake of the sport, I disagree. If I still have your meaning wrong, just nvm, forget it.

I don't think I could be any more straightforward. I'm not claiming to be a fan, the posters on here are.

Your second paragraph makes no sense..."responsibility to uphold omerta'? What the hell does that mean?

I'm not trying to be an asshat either, or have fun trolling. Nobody seems interested in addressing the contradictions in the sport, destructive maybe fatal contradictions. It's just weird.

Anyway, I give up
Old 11-19-12, 14:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post
I was not on about Olyas - you accused Palmerq of "salvaging the poor first time poster" ...... It was not Palmerq.
Yes, I tried checking to see if I was correct on that memory, and couldn't find the quote, so apologies to Palmerq and thanks for the correction.

Anyway, I'm "out of here".
Old 11-19-12, 15:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
1. Contador, Valverde, Purito. Apparently, straight before the Vuelta chineses embeded some new molecule into good old Edgar so that it became undetectable. Or organizers carefully warned trinity about letting hit hematocrit up to 60 like in the 90s. Froome severely sucked with his outdated microdosing.
2. Wiggins, Froome.
3. Rolland, Pinot.
I have my doubts about Rolland as well. Also, Voeckler's otherworldly performance in 2011 raises some eyebrows about Europcar in general.
Old 11-19-12, 15:27

Quote:
I'm... trying to... have fun trolling.
Ah, ok thanks CYA.
Old 11-19-12, 15:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose McKnuckles View Post
We should award a clinic jersey for the biggest apparent doper who has not been caught in the current year.

For the past year, I'd rate the contenders as:

1. Froome
2. Wiggins
3. Purito
4. Boonen
5. Contador

Team award: Team Sky
Most aggressive doper: Wiggins
Jörg Jaksche just joined a team and if he starts in the Tour of Okinawa and crushes everybody, perhaps he will become the biggest apparent doper.
Old 11-19-12, 15:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
well im not going to stop you :S but to post stuff like this with no evidence in my opinion is ridiculous and pretty low ... just my thoughts... I dont see how you can in good conscience pretty much flat out accuse and slander people in this way... but whatever go for it !
ugh we are not randomly accusing riders. we are listing people who lie to the fans and are openly pro doping.

If you dont find anything wrong with their behaviour, then thats your issue, but there are fans out there who exist who find it worthy of criticsm and dont just live in a binary state of outright hate to a handful of riders who failed a test and heroworship to everyone else.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-19-12, 16:14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
ugh we are not randomly accusing riders. we are listing people who lie to the fans and are openly pro doping.

If you dont find anything wrong with their behaviour, then thats your issue, but there are fans out there who exist who find it worthy of criticsm and dont just live in a binary state of outright hate to a handful of riders who failed a test and heroworship to everyone else.
How did you come to the conclusion that some are "openly pro doping"?

Also- Palmerq wrote...
"I dont see how you can in good conscience pretty much flat out accuse and slander people in this way" - so I don't see how are why any of the rest of your post is attributable to them.

If you want to accuse or slam riders go right ahead - but don't try and dress it up as anything more than that.