Team Saxo Bank with a new bank co-sponsor? - Page 46 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #451  
Old 11-19-12, 10:15
Fidolix Fidolix is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42x16ss View Post
Riis' wallet may be empty but it's not all doom and gloom. He has made some smart recruitments considering his budget at the moment. Kreuziger, Roche, Bennati, Sutherland and Duggan all bring something to the table and Jay McCarthy is a promising young talent.
The question was regarding Alex Rasmussen, and not the signings allready made or whatever how good or bad Riis did in this transfer window.
Ofc its an entirely different team in 2013 than this year, no matter what he did it couldn´t get worse.
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 11-19-12, 17:02
Zinoviev Letter Zinoviev Letter is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidolix View Post
Ofc its an entirely different team in 2013 than this year, no matter what he did it couldn´t get worse.
Yes, Saxo and Ag2r are the only two contenders for the status of most improved team, at least on paper.
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 11-19-12, 17:28
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinoviev Letter View Post
Yes, Saxo and Ag2r are the only two contenders for the status of most improved team, at least on paper.
QS have Pieter Serry, Mark Cavendish and most likely Gianni Meersman. Also Stybar will do his first classic season for the team normally.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 11-19-12, 17:52
Magnus's Avatar
Magnus Magnus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Have heard things from Danish people that maybe Bjarne wants to sign Alex Rasmussen when his suspension ends. 1 neo pro so 29 riders max.
Wouldn't Christoffer Juul, Jay McCarthy and Marko Kump be technically neo-pro next season?
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 11-19-12, 17:57
Magnus's Avatar
Magnus Magnus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forunculo View Post
28 riders
Existing contracts:
Mads Christensen
Christopher Juul Jensen
Jonas Aaen
Nicki Sørensen
Sergio Paulinho
Karsten Kroon

New riders:
Nicolas Roche (AG2R La Mondiale, 2014)
Marko Kump (Adria Mobil, 2013)
Daniele Bennati (RadioShack Nissan-Trek, 2014)
Matti Breschel (Rabobank, 2014)
Roman Kreuziger (Astana, 2015)
Oliver Zaugg (RadioShack Nissan-Trek, 2013)
Jay McCarthy (Team Jayco - AIS, 2013)
Rory Sutherland (UnitedHealthcare, 2014)
Timothy Duggan (Liquigas-Canndonale, 2013)
Evgeni Petrov (Astana, 2014)

Extended contracts:
Alberto Contador (2015)
Chris Anker Sørensen (2015)
Michael Mørkøv (2015)
Manuele Boaro (2015)
Jesus Hernandex (2015)
Benjamin Noval (2013)
Rafal Majka (2015)
Jonathan Cantwell (2013)
Anders Lund (2013)
Matteo Tosatto (2013)
Bruno Pires (2013)
Takashi Miyazawa (2013)

So no more Haedo!
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 11-19-12, 18:16
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
Wouldn't Christoffer Juul, Jay McCarthy and Marko Kump be technically neo-pro next season?
Chris I don't know do 2nd year pros count as neo pros too?

McCarthy yes he is a neo pro.

Kump rode for Geox in 2011.
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Old 11-19-12, 18:24
Zinoviev Letter Zinoviev Letter is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Chris I don't know do 2nd year pros count as neo pros too?
Yes. So they can have 30.
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old 11-19-12, 18:25
Zinoviev Letter Zinoviev Letter is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
QS have Pieter Serry, Mark Cavendish and most likely Gianni Meersman. Also Stybar will do his first classic season for the team normally.
Nice signings, particularly Cavendish, but as OPQS were already the second strongest team they aren't really in the running for this imaginary award. Saxo and Ag2r were bloody awful this year, but next year they both have vastly improved lineups.
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old 11-19-12, 18:29
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinoviev Letter View Post
Nice signings, particularly Cavendish, but as OPQS were already the second strongest team they aren't really in the running for this imaginary award. Saxo and Ag2r were bloody awful this year, but next year they both have vastly improved lineups.
I suppose if you look at it relatively(percentage wise) then yeah that's true. Especially because Contador will normally ride a full year for Saxo. It's also doubtful Boonen will have another great year like this again next year, but on paper he should be as strong as ever.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-19-12 at 18:31.
Reply With Quote
  #460  
Old 11-19-12, 20:47
Gloin22 Gloin22 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
I suppose if you look at it relatively(percentage wise) then yeah that's true. Especially because Contador will normally ride a full year for Saxo. It's also doubtful Boonen will have another great year like this again next year, but on paper he should be as strong as ever.
And it's not like they strengthen their biggest weakness which are GT's. Lost Levi ( he still scored points in those stage races ). Cataldo will be replaced by Brambilla. Still not great however.

However they indeed improved. Should get most wins next year by a margin with Cav on the team. I am looking forward to Serry riding Ardennes a lot too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.