CN Forum: Rise & Fall - Page 2 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-12, 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
what a pathetic forum when the staff bans some1 because other members threaten to leave if he doesn't get banned and not because they actually had a reason to do it.
I very much doubt that was the reason. Following on twitter, ACF agreed with the ban. The guy was starting fights with just about everyone. But anyway, I don't think thats an argument for here. I only stopped by to put another side of the story after ACF criticized their members and called them children.
Old 11-19-12, 14:36

Every forum is going to have its complaints.. what is important is that the mods then take those complaints on board and act on them in order to ensure that the forum grows and becomes a better place for all posters to enjoy and gain from.
Old 11-19-12, 14:37
Banned

Default ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
what a pathetic forum when the staff bans some1 because other members threaten to leave if he doesn't get banned and not because they actually had a reason to do it.
i was banned from cn forum because other members did not like me and my

posts calling me out for being a 'sockpuppet'

i still like the forum and have no beef with moderators

remember it's a forum for everyone..............too many members shout 'troll'

just because a member has alternative views
Old 11-19-12, 15:56
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Pff pathetic forum it is a great forum. It is friendly and the moderators try to moderate in a friendly way. Way different and way better than here. , And by the way Afrank in the Alberto thread there is also discussion about serious things.
Sure but not nearly as much discussion as in other threads, much of it is just pictures of Contador. And talking about how great he is.
Old 11-19-12, 16:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Sure but not nearly as much discussion as in other threads, much of it is just pictures of Contador. And talking about how great he is.
I have the Contador thread on my ignore list.
Old 11-19-12, 16:41

Quote:
If you look at the number of discussion posts it's just as much as in other discussion threads there is just also a lot of other stuff in there.
Old 11-19-12, 19:14
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
If you look at the number of discussion posts it's just as much as in other discussion threads there is just also a lot of other stuff in there.
I count there has been 32 posts of no meaningful discussion since the last discussion took place (5 posts of discussion by the way)
And in the last 10 pages, 62 posts have not involved any real discussion about Contador. At 10 posts a page that is 62 posts out of 100 that have not contained any meaningful discussion. And these numbers would be even higher if we looked back towards after the Vuelta ended.

But I digress, the main point of my original post was that the Contador thread is the closest we have to a fanboy/fangirl thread where there are overall more fan posts and less discussion posts. And you can't deny that more picture, tweets, and videos get posted in it than any other discussion thread.
Old 11-19-12, 19:31
Administrator

Let's not discuss what goes on in other forums, please.

Susan
Old 11-19-12, 19:34

Quote:
I count there has been 32 posts of no meaningful discussion since the last discussion took place (5 posts of discussion by the way)
And in the last 10 pages, 62 posts have not involved any real discussion about Contador. At 10 posts a page that is 62 posts out of 100 that have not contained any meaningful discussion. And these numbers would be even higher if we looked back towards after the Vuelta ended.

But I digress, the main point of my original post was that the Contador thread is the closest we have to a fanboy/fangirl thread where there are overall more fan posts and less discussion posts. And you can't deny that more picture, tweets, and videos get posted in it than any other discussion thread.
I agree still there is discussion
Old 11-19-12, 21:02
Administrator

Isn't that what most threads or discussions are like?!
Closed Thread