The Voice - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 11-19-12, 21:21
Administrator

Thumbs up The Voice

Anyone here watch The Voice? I notice it's in several countries and languages, which I think is pretty cool, and since this is an international forum, might be fun to discuss.

I normally don't like these kinds of shows since few of the people are actually that talented, but this year on the US Voice has a much higher caliber of singers in it than similar shows in the past and Mrs. Alpe has me watching it.

Thoughts anyone?
Old 11-19-12, 22:37

There was a series in Australia this year. The tv rating were very high.

Here's two clips of the winner...She is excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-QdjnA2vtI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pfiZA0UCkw
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 11-20-12, 05:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
There was a series in Australia this year. The tv rating were very high.

Here's two clips of the winner...She is excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-QdjnA2vtI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pfiZA0UCkw
is it the same woman? and if she is yea she is great.
Old 11-20-12, 07:23
Administrator

It's the same woman all right. Very passionate singer.
Old 11-20-12, 07:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
is it the same woman? and if she is yea she is great.
Yeah, she is the same woman. Karise Eden is her name. Beautiful voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpe d'Huez View Post
It's the same woman all right. Very passionate singer.
Agreed.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 11-20-12, 16:49
Administrator

I mentioned that this season of the US Voice has better singers than ever before. Well, after last night's show Cassadee Pope has the #1 song on iTunes today with "Over You" that she sang last night. Numerous Voice songs have charted (same with other such talent shows) but I believe this is the first time something went immediately to #1.
Old 11-20-12, 17:09

It is very popular we are in the middle of the 3rd season and the audience is still increasing.

I'm not following it as much as in the first year... It's gotten a bit boring tbh.
Old 11-20-12, 22:56

Quote:
I mentioned that this season of the US Voice has better singers than ever before. Well, after last night's show Cassadee Pope has the #1 song on iTunes today with "Over You" that she sang last night. Numerous Voice songs have charted (same with other such talent shows) but I believe this is the first time something went immediately to #1.
Every week Karise Eden's song went to number 1 on itunes. Any good songs from the US show, Alpe? If so, post them.
Old 11-21-12, 00:54
Administrator

You bet.

Here is Cassadee Pope's "Over You", which is now the #1 hit. Before clicking you need to know that her coach, Blake Shelton wrote this song for his late brother, and it was originally sung by Blake's wife, Amanda Lambert. I personally think it's quite good, but not as good as some others. But it is touching. I think she did better last week with Behind These Hazel Eyes.

Terry McDermott from Scotland hit a grand slam with Maybe I'm Amazed a few weeks ago. You have to fast forward to about 1:21 to hear. Since then he's stepped back a step or two and may soon find himself out of the competition if he can't recapture this brilliance.

Amanda Brown sang a kick ass version of Dream On three weeks ago that blew the roof off the place. She took a step back last week, but did well with Stars last night. Former backup singer for Adele. She is my personal favorite.

Odds on favorite perhaps to win is Tervin Hunte, who is 19 and was told in school he had no talent and would never amount to anything. Here is his version of the Percy Sledge classic When a Man Loves a Woman. He consistently floors the judges every time out.

Best duet was early in the competition when Nicholas David and Todd Kessler who got along like brothers sang Hall and Oates She's Gone. What was peculiar is that they sounded different vocally, and yet together, their voices blend very well. Nicholas is still in the hunt.

A wacky fun duet was between Cody Below and Domo singing Lada Gaga's Telephone. You'll either love it, or hate it. Cody has shown a lot of versatility, star quality, and is still in it.

I personally think most of the last dozen or so are noticeably better than previous years. Here's last year's final four. They're good, but compared to Amanda's Dream On or Terry's Maybe I'm Amazed...
Old 11-21-12, 01:16

Quote:
You bet.

Here is Cassadee Pope's "Over You", which is now the #1 hit. Before clicking you need to know that her coach, Blake Shelton wrote this song for his late brother, and it was originally sung by Blake's wife, Amanda Lambert. I personally think it's quite good, but not as good as some others. But it is touching. I think she did better last week with Behind These Hazel Eyes.

Terry McDermott from Scotland hit a grand slam with Maybe I'm Amazed a few weeks ago. You have to fast forward to about 1:21 to hear. Since then he's stepped back a step or two and may soon find himself out of the competition if he can't recapture this brilliance.

Amanda Brown sang a kick ass version of Dream On three weeks ago that blew the roof off the place. She took a step back last week, but did well with Stars last night. Former backup singer for Adele. She is my personal favorite.

Odds on favorite perhaps to win is Tervin Hunte, who is 19 and was told in school he had no talent and would never amount to anything. Here is his version of the Percy Sledge classic When a Man Loves a Woman. He consistently floors the judges every time out.

Best duet was early in the competition when Nicholas David and Todd Kessler who got along like brothers sang Hall and Oates She's Gone. What was peculiar is that they sounded different vocally, and yet together, their voices blend very well. Nicholas is still in the hunt.

A wacky fun duet was between Cody Below and Domo singing Lada Gaga's Telephone. You'll either love it, or hate it. Cody has shown a lot of versatility, star quality, and is still in it.

I personally think most of the last dozen or so are noticeably better than previous years. Here's last year's final four. They're good, but compared to Amanda's Dream On or Terry's Maybe I'm Amazed...
My two favourites were Tervin Hunte and Amanda Brown. Both amazing voices. Having watched a couple of the past series of the US version, I must say that CeeLo is really creepy.