what's your demand for cycling clothes? - Page 3 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > General

General Discuss your experiences road riding, share knowledge or other general road cycling topics. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-18-12, 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkybiker View Post
Our club's new Louis Garneau bib-shorts have a wide strip of different/heavier spandex in lieu of the gripper elastic. It works well and is comfy. I also have some old Descent bibs that have a similar arrangement. More comfy than the gripper elastic for sure; and I haven't had any problems with them "riding up". And they don't leave a textured "trench" in your leg!

Unfortunately, the chamois pads in the Louis Garneau bibs (claimed to be their top of the line) just rub me raw after about 4 hours. 6 hours the other weekend had me bleeding a little! Ouch!
+1 on both shorts. Problem with the gripper lycra is the added leg length causes them to pull down. I have to fold them up (in half) to keep the ride right. 3 hrs seems to be the limit for the LG. The old Descents went for 4+ and have lasted forever.
Old 11-20-12, 01:50

Crash protection! Why doesn't someone do it?

I've been out of action for several weeks now after hitting the tarmac at 60km/h.

The elbows cop a caning and the ****/thighs. A bit of kevlar (or something) in the right places would do wonders to minimise roadrash.