Transfers and Rumours 2012 > 2013 - Page 332 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-12, 10:28

Anyone heard of where Gerdemann will be in 2013? He´ll leave RSNT, that´s for sure, but haven´t heard of a new team yet.
Old 11-20-12, 10:39

If he wants to remain in the 1st division, I only see a possibility at Katusha or Astana (don't know if they are already full though) for him.
Maybe Team MTN-Qhubeka as an exception at lower level.

But I can also imagine that he will retire, if he doesn't find a top team any more.

Last edited by roadbiker; 11-20-12 at 10:41.
Old 11-20-12, 11:44

UHC sign a bunch of dudes: Lucas Euser, Alessandro Bazzana, Kiel Reijnen, Martyn Irvine, Danny Summerhill, Aldo Ilesic, John Murphy, and Luke Keough

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13...nd-Ilesic.aspx
Old 11-20-12, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbiker View Post
If he wants to remain in the 1st division, I only see a possibility at Katusha or Astana (don't know if they are already full though) for him.

But I can also imagine that he will retire, if he doesn't find a top team any more.
I read a German interview with him, from September. He wants to continue, and sounded arrogant as always. He was not worried at all, thinks his great reputation makes sure he´ll get enough offers, wants to be leader for the Tour at his 2013 team, but also could imagine to join NetApp-Endura.

I think he´ll find a WT or PCT team, he´s a good rider and has the best German manager, Christian Baumer, but his best days might already be over.

Though, it´s late November, not a good sign that one still hasn´t heard from him.
Old 11-20-12, 18:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbiker View Post

I am almost 100% certain he will not join Astana. Not sure if they are full thought, haven't been bothered to count the numbers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 11-20-12, 18:21

Arkaitz Durán signs with Efapel-Glassdrive.

There's another pretty decent name in the Portuguese péloton. Durán certainly deserves another go as a pro - his 2012 season was unbelievable.

Forever tęte de la course.
Old 11-20-12, 19:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Arkaitz Durán signs with Efapel-Glassdrive.

There's another pretty decent name in the Portuguese péloton. Durán certainly deserves another go as a pro - his 2012 season was unbelievable.
Correct.

UCI system -> Euskaltel signs names like Schulze and Radochla -> someone like Duran has to ride Continental Team -> I vomit
Old 11-20-12, 19:49

What's wrong with Schulze and Radochla? Combined they have about 50 UCI wins.

Duran doesn't have a single one.

He had seven years to show himself as a pro and didn't fulfill expectations. To dominate the Spanish amateur circus like he did this year sounds harder than it is. José Belda (who?) scored in 2011 more than 30 wins alone, so Duran's 2012 score of 17 wins is not that extraordinary. Especially when you consider that the quality of the fields at those races has been rather miserable.

But yeah, of course failing Spanish climbers are more interesting than successful German (or any other nationality) sprinters.

Edit: just to be clear - Duran deserves a return to pro ranks. But Radochla and especially Schulze deserve it, too.
Old 11-20-12, 19:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye Bye Bicycle View Post
What's wrong with Schulze and Radochla? Combined they have about 50 UCI wins.

Duran doesn't have a single one.

He had seven years to show himself as a pro and didn't fulfill expectations. To dominate the Spanish amateur circus like he did this year sounds harder than it is. José Belda (who?) scored in 2011 more than 30 wins alone, so Duran's 2012 score of 17 wins is not that extraordinary. Especially when you consider that the quality of the fields at those races has been rather miserable.

But yeah, of course failing Spanish climbers are more interesting than successful German (or any other nationality) sprinters.

Edit: just to be clear - Duran deserves a return to pro ranks. But Radochla and especially Schulze deserve it, too.
Old 11-20-12, 19:54

I know who José Belda is. And you should know that I know.

But ask any other user here. Most will have never heard of this guy. By right.
Closed Thread