Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-20-12, 13:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Webster View Post
There are many people that know the truth regards BC/ Sky. Several X WCPP riders and an X coach have told me things that I initially felt lacked credibility..but when they come independently of each other that doubt diminishes.
Unfortunately, and rather like echoes of the long history of the Armstrong saga most work within cycling and have much to lose by going public with there knowledge and , without concrete evidence to support there claims many fear being dragged into courts.
My gut feeling is BC/ Sky will, eventually, crack under the strain of the whispering and truth will out like the proverbial dam bursting.
BC/ Sky have made more enemies than most people realise.
How many of the team pursuit teams are no longer suckling at the BC teat? Dave B gets rid of coaches pretty fast, especially after success. See Matt Parker, marginalised then shoved away.
Old 11-20-12, 15:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
No he was well in the game until 2005. Well in the game.
Doing what?
Old 11-20-12, 15:46

Wasn't he coaching somewhere?
Old 11-20-12, 16:08

who knows?
Old 11-20-12, 19:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Webster View Post
There are many people that know the truth regards BC/ Sky. Several X WCPP riders and an X coach have told me things that I initially felt lacked credibility..but when they come independently of each other that doubt diminishes.
Unfortunately, and rather like echoes of the long history of the Armstrong saga most work within cycling and have much to lose by going public with there knowledge and , without concrete evidence to support there claims many fear being dragged into courts.
My gut feeling is BC/ Sky will, eventually, crack under the strain of the whispering and truth will out like the proverbial dam bursting.
BC/ Sky have made more enemies than most people realise.
That's the thing - coming up with a mechanism whereby people can come clean without fear or recrimination. Even if you don't want to work at BC any more, there's tendrils like Mike Andersen experienced, that mean getting work in your chosen profession is difficult to do afterwards.
Old 11-20-12, 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
That's the thing - coming up with a mechanism whereby people can come clean without fear or recrimination. Even if you don't want to work at BC any more, there's tendrils like Mike Andersen experienced, that mean getting work in your chosen profession is difficult to do afterwards.
See this is what I don't get: why should you be able to come clean without retribution? Why does admitting to something bad make it ok to have done it? Do you want something in place where everyone who has doped admits it, gets a clean slate and a pat on the back and the sport can begin again?

Does that apply to Wiggins?

If you cheat eventually you have to pay the piper.
Old 11-20-12, 19:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
See this is what I don't get: why should you be able to come clean without retribution? Why does admitting to something bad make it ok to have done it? Do you want something in place where everyone who has doped admits it, gets a clean slate and a pat on the back and the sport can begin again?

See this is what I don't get. You are so knotted up you don't stop to think for a second that what someone is typing is actually relevant.

Try this on: someone NOT involved in the doping could hear or see something and wish to report it. I even provided an example. Mike Andersen did not dope, he just saw evidence of it.

Last edited by Dear Wiggo; 11-20-12 at 19:30.
Old 11-20-12, 19:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post

Does that apply to Wiggins?

I read that to mean if someone who knows things speaks about what they saw or experienced, they will be 'blacklisted' in the small UK cycling world and will struggle to find work and will be in effect shunned. Some of the people involved in Sky / BC carry lots of influence, rightly or wrongly and people who don't know the real facts give them a lot of credence.
Old 11-20-12, 19:34

Quote:
See this is what I don't get. You are so knotted up you don't stop to think for a second that what someone is typing is actually relevant.

Try this on: someone NOT involved in the doping could hear or see something and wish to report it. I even provided an example. Mike Andersen did not dope, he just saw evidence of it.
Fair enough then: I fully agree that people should be able to report misuse without fear of censure, professionally.
Old 11-20-12, 19:46

Quote:
https://secure.crimestoppers-uk.org/UKAD/