Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 36 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-12, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Cycling is not popular all to pieces, to my greatest regret, but they are quite knowledgeable.

Froome exponated something more significant than just beating Nibali and Wiggins. I never saw anyone who worked so much on the front during decisive km's [everyone desperately try to hide in slipstreams to save crumb of energy], going full 'steady' blast, when tempo is maximal. Often guys who win GT's don't work so much. On Peyresourde Froome dropped others as easy as pie. It wasn't his matter, just a coercion. What would have been, if he could have attacked I shudder to think.
Pinot near the end wasn't so easy to rid themselves of. I shudder to think how he'll be once he gains more experience. I'm more excited about his prospects than Froome's.
Old 11-20-12, 19:21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
Pinot near the end wasn't so easy to rid themselves of. I shudder to think how he'll be once he gains more experience. I'm more excited about his prospects than Froome's.
trolling? Didn't Van Endert bother you after the 2011 Tour? You've got a bit of organic rejection towards Cristopher.

Last edited by airstream; 11-20-12 at 19:26.
Old 11-20-12, 19:44

Quote:
Team Leopard Trek was the only one that tried to attack on high mountain stages.
What did you expect?
Evans to attack knowing that he will easily beat Andy in TT and descents?
Contador to attack even though he was injured on Pyrennees? (He won the tour for Evans in Gap as well and I remembered that he went for "fun" in one of the stages)
I remember that some guy in orange jersey attacked 3/4 of HC finishes and won some jersey

Dont forget next best avaliable guy was Voeckler and everybody else was in hospital or totally irrelevant
Old 11-20-12, 19:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by burning View Post
What did you expect?
Evans to attack knowing that he will easily beat Andy in TT and descents?
Contador to attack even though he was injured on Pyrennees? (He won the tour for Evans in Gap as well and I remembered that he went for "fun" in one of the stages)
I remember that some guy in orange jersey attacked 3/4 of HC finishes and won some jersey

Dont forget next best avaliable guy was Voeckler and everybody else was in hospital or totally irrelevant
Yea indeed what about Alberto and Samu
Old 11-20-12, 20:04

Quote:
trolling? .
Pinot beat him in La Toussuire and i am secure in the last climb of the Porrentruy stage he climbed faster than Chris Froome. And was close him in Peyragudes. Some people are blind with his 10th position. He was involved in the day of missing time of the climbers. 2 minutes in Metz, 10 minutes in the ITT's . End at 17' of Wiggins in the GC. In the MT stages he only get really dropped in the Bagneres de Luchon stage and in the beginning of the one of Davezieux if im not wrong. He was there in Belles Filles, Porrentruy, La Toussuire, Grand Colombier, Foix and Peyragudes stages. The next year the route suites him much more than this year. The lost time in the ITTs maybe will be less than the half of this year. Also if we consider Froome was overcooked in La Vuelta we have to say that Thibaut came to France without an specific set up. Probably as Contador in 2008 Giro. Who knows. Until one or two weeks before the race the frenchman didnt know he would be in France. He's 22 years, the normal thing is that he will improve in comparison with this year. But its an unknown factor. That's why today i put Chris Froome ahead him. And because of the Time trial.

Last edited by Jason_Mercier; 11-20-12 at 20:07.
Old 11-20-12, 20:34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Mercier View Post
Pinot beat him in La Toussuire and i am secure in the last climb of the Porrentruy stage he climbed faster than Chris Froome. And was close him in Peyragudes. Some people are blind with his 10th position. He was involved in the day of missing time of the climbers. 2 minutes in Metz, 10 minutes in the ITT's . End at 17' of Wiggins in the GC. In the MT stages he only get really dropped in the Bagneres de Luchon stage and in the beginning of the one of Davezieux if im not wrong. He was there in Belles Filles, Porrentruy, La Toussuire, Grand Colombier, Foix and Peyragudes stages. The next year the route suites him much more than this year. The lost time in the ITTs maybe will be less than the half of this year. Also if we consider Froome was overcooked in La Vuelta we have to say that Thibaut came to France without an specific set up. Probably as Contador in 2008 Giro. Who knows. Until one or two weeks before the race the frenchman didnt know he would be in France. He's 22 years, the normal thing is that he will improve in comparison with this year. But its an unknown factor. That's why today i put Chris Froome ahead him. And because of the Time trial.
it's not quite serious. as soon as pinot becomes a threat for top-3, he will immediately get absolutely different resistance. sky let him go tactically.
Old 11-20-12, 20:39

Quote:
it's not quite serious. as soon as pinot becomes a threat for top-3, he will immediately get absolutely different resistance. sky let him go tactically.
In La Toussuire let him go? In Peyragudes stage when he attacked? Pinot didnt take any important advantages due to Sky let him go. Maybe only in Porrentruy stage, not more than 1 minute.
Old 11-20-12, 20:43

You talk like Pinot did a Top10 thanks for two or three brekaways when he was the fourth or fifth best climber.
Old 11-20-12, 20:43

Quote:
trolling? Didn't Van Endert bother you after the 2011 Tour? You've got a bit of organic rejection towards Cristopher.
Actually I like Froome. Just because I'm more excited about Pinot than Froome, don't assume that I'm not a believer in Froome's potential, I'm just hesitant to proclaim him the next great grand tour champion. Pinot I'm excited about because he appears to me to be France's best chance at a Tour podium, even more so than Pierre Rolland, one that I believe will live up to the hype.
Old 11-20-12, 21:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
A 3 week grand tour takes a lot out of you. you go try it, and tell us how great you feel after 3 weeks of racing. Froome was fatigued at the Vuelta, this is a known fact now.
Plenty of guys do the Tour-Vuelta. Of course he wasn't on top form, but this guy didn't race a lot this year. He basically did nothing and then hit form out of nowhere at the Dauphiné. Contador on the other hand didn't race for many months(nothing after the Tour in 2011 with only San Luis and Eneco Tour before the Vuelta) and still won the Vuelta. You think that doesn't affect your performance level?

Sastre won the Tour and got third at the Vuelta in the same year for example. I was more impressed with his performance that year than Froome's performance this year.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-20-12 at 21:14.