CN Forum: Rise & Fall - Page 3 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-12, 22:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94
Secondly, I moved over to Velorooms for a while. It had some nice aspects, but it became a heavily over-regulated forum that is not remotely fun at all. Some of the people on their carried on like teenage girls which is why I left.

....and the response from a member from over there as to what really happened...

I post over there, there is virtually no moderation. You left because you got warned for constantly starting arguments in their chatroom, people threatened to leave unless you got banned. And then you got banned

....what a perfect example of the wrong wing mind in action...ACF should become one of those vaunted case studies in an Ivy League political science department...

...and may I add that VeloRooms is a much nicer place after that particular banning....

Cheers

blutto

Last edited by blutto; 11-19-12 at 22:42.
Old 11-19-12, 23:26

I had to supress a laugh when I read that ACF quit a forum because "the people on their [sic] carried on like teenage girls."

The fun got sucked out of this place. Damiano Machiavelli tried to bring it back, but he was killed in a bike-auto collision.
Old 11-20-12, 01:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
I had to supress a laugh when I read that ACF quit a forum because "the people on their [sic] carried on like teenage girls."

The fun got sucked out of this place. Damiano Machiavelli tried to bring it back, but he was killed in a bike-auto collision.
...a terrible tragedy that...and the exact moment this forum started its death spiral...

Cheers

blutto
Old 11-20-12, 04:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
what a pathetic forum when the staff bans some1 because other members threaten to leave if he doesn't get banned and not because they actually had a reason to do it.
As I stated below, what TheGame said was not factually correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
I post over there, there is virtually no moderation. You left because you got warned for constantly starting arguments in their chatroom, people threatened to leave unless you got banned. And then you got banned
I got warned for starting arguments. I think we can substitute that word for debates. I did not get banned. I told Dimspace to deactivate my account. You can even ask him. You are correct about the people threatening to leave because of me but it was my decision and I am more than enjoying my time on this forum.

IN fact, I will post what I said to Dim in my 'direct messages' on twitter.

Quote:
I will be heading back to CN Forum. I will officially send you a request of deletion of my account within the next 24hrs.

I am sad to give you this news but tonight was the straw that broke the camel's back. Sorry to leave your forum as it is a good setup.

[....replies]

I honestly don't see how I was posting differently in the past few days than I am now. I honestly do not see it as "tour fever" as the way some people are behaving is rather childish on and off the forum and what happened last night on the tdf chat room ****ed me off big time.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 11-20-12, 13:36

none of you guys read post #18? LOL
Old 11-20-12, 14:13

Default read on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Wilson View Post
none of you guys read post #18? LOL
did i miss forum rule #20 'thou shall not talk about other forums?'
Old 11-21-12, 01:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
As I stated below, what TheGame said was not factually correct.

I got warned for starting arguments. I think we can substitute that word for debates. I did not get banned. I told Dimspace to deactivate my account. You can even ask him. You are correct about the people threatening to leave because of me but it was my decision and I am more than enjoying my time on this forum.

IN fact, I will post what I said to Dim in my 'direct messages' on twitter.
...substitute all you want but its basically the same thing except that debates have rules...so you were arguing when everyone else wanted a discussion...you were a very disruptive element, end of story...

Cheers

blutto
Old 11-21-12, 01:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
did i miss forum rule #20 'thou shall not talk about other forums?'
I think it falls under the general overmoderation rule of making sure no one discusses anything fun.
Old 11-21-12, 02:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
I think it falls under the general overmoderation rule of making sure no one discusses anything fun.
Hey now!
What goes on here....

I object
Old 11-21-12, 08:54

I have been here from the start and I honestly cannot remember when this supposed golden age, these good old days were supposed to be.

There has always been fighting, there have always been good discussions and as far as I'm concerned that is still the case. Good members have left, new ones have arrived, it's all good fun.

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Closed Thread