World Politics - Page 1274 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 11-20-12, 13:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
Yeah, outrageous, How dare those people fight against their oppressors, those people who have lived their entire lives under occupation with children who have lived their entire lives under occupation and grandchildren who have lived their entire lives under occupation. Why don't they just lay down so they can be treated like vermin for another three generations.

Never again, I say. Never again (unless they are Palestinians)!
There has to be a solution to allow Palestine to have their own country. That decision should be agreed upon without the influence or agreement of Israel in my opinion.

I certainly do not agree with the route that Hamas takes to try and gain their rights to independence. It is nothing more than terrorism.

If Palestine was allowed to form and hold a government would that be enough? Will that end it?

As for the comparison of isolation "occupation" to the Holocaust that is just foolish talk in my opinion.
Old 11-21-12, 07:28

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1226521220706 - Australian Government continues to fail on Immigration therefore backflips on policies that they criticised in the past. The sooner we get rid of this Government, the better!!!!!
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 11-21-12, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1226521220706 - Australian Government continues to fail on Immigration therefore backflips on policies that they criticised in the past. The sooner we get rid of this Government, the better!!!!!
It seems that their popularity including Gillard's has hit a plateau even with the announcement of the Royal Commission, the UN selection and the Wonder Woman anti discrimination pantomimes and she still has ongoing issues with Craig Thomson, her ex boyfriend re corruption in the union and the border protection mess. They are still a long way from being re-elected.
Old 11-21-12, 10:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
It seems that their popularity including Gillard's has hit a plateau even with the announcement of the Royal Commission, the UN selection and the Wonder Woman anti discrimination pantomimes and she still has ongoing issues with Craig Thomson, her ex boyfriend re corruption in the union and the border protection mess. They are still a long way from being re-elected.
I think I would chop my **** off if they get re-elected.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 11-21-12, 15:49

Quote:
Why don't they just lay down so they can be treated like vermin for another three generations.

Never again, I say. Never again (unless they are Palestinians)!
BroDeal.... I am not suggesting that they "lay down". I agree that there should be a Palestinian state and that conditions in Gaza need to be improved. If their elected government (Hamas) put their energy in to building a peaceful society then they would get support for their state.

Instead we get this... people executed and dragged through the streets.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ts-israel-gaza
Old 11-21-12, 18:18

Ceasefire in Gaza?

http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affa...ruce-agreed-to

Setting aside the Middle East political/social issues for a moment and looking at it purely from a domestic political perspective, what a feather in the cap for Hillary if she does intend to run in 2016.
Old 11-21-12, 19:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
BroDeal.... I am not suggesting that they "lay down". I agree that there should be a Palestinian state and that conditions in Gaza need to be improved. If their elected government (Hamas) put their energy in to building a peaceful society then they would get support for their state.
Sure. They should build their society within their concentration camp and be good model prisoners. Maybe one day, in another four or five generations, their jailers, commanded by generals who refer to the occupied as "cockroaches in a jar," will let their great great great great grand children be free. That plan worked brilliantly for the Jews in Nazi Germany. I am sure it will work even better for the Palestinians.

The Zionists don't want a viable Palestinian state and they have done everything they can to make one impossible. There is only one solution. The Golan Heights, Shebaa farms, and such go back to Syria. The rest of the land is made into single multicultural state. Choose a name in English or something so no preferance is given to Arab or Jew. Everyone has the same rights. That includes Palestinians having the right of return just like the Jews have today. The Palestinians who were enthically cleansed from their homes have to be made whole. The result would be a country with about a 50/50 split of Jews and Palestinians with a handful of Christians here and there. It will never happen because it would upset the neo fascists dream of a Jewish Reich.
Old 11-21-12, 20:00

Quote:
Sure. They should build their society within their concentration camp and be good model prisoners. Maybe one day, in another four or five generations, their jailers, commanded by generals who refer to the occupied as "cockroaches in a jar," will let their great great great great grand children be free. That plan worked brilliantly for the Jews in Nazi Germany. I am sure it will work even better for the Palestinians.

The Zionists don't want a viable Palestinian state and they have done everything they can to make one impossible. There is only one solution. The Golan Heights, Shebaa farms, and such go back to Syria. The rest of the land is made into single multicultural state. Choose a name in English or something so no preferance is given to Arab or Jew. Everyone has the same rights. That includes Palestinians having the right of return just like the Jews have today. The Palestinians who were enthically cleansed from their homes have to be made whole. The result would be a country with about a 50/50 split of Jews and Palestinians with a handful of Christians here and there. It will never happen because it would upset the neo fascists dream of a Jewish Reich.
Agreed, but do not forget that it is not like the islamofascists would like too share anything either. That place has become a maelstrom of war and unrest because of peoples divine right to this "holy" land

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 11-21-12, 20:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloCity View Post
Ceasefire in Gaza?

http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affa...ruce-agreed-to

Setting aside the Middle East political/social issues for a moment and looking at it purely from a domestic political perspective, what a feather in the cap for Hillary if she does intend to run in 2016.
god no, not yet another Clinton run for president? thought America would finally get ridd of that family on top politics after this Obama period

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 11-22-12, 04:23

so we have another seized fire ? i seriously doubt it will last or move the core issues underlying the hostilities one inch.

if anything the truce reveals israel's increasing impotence.

all despite their using high tech air force, fancy anti-missile defenses, drones, threats of land invasion by one of world's most powerful armoured forces etc ...all this against essentially several bands of desperate street fighters representing 1.7 million unarmed, ratcheted, living under a blockade civilians.

think about it !

1) israel agreed to the shaky conditions mediated by a side (egypt) whose new muslim brotherhood president refuses the very word 'israel', a country egypt negotiated with.

2) the dozens (if not hundreds) of long range fajr-5 rockets that sent millions of israelis into bomb shelter are still in hamas' possession.

3) these crude, militarily worthless but a pr-potent rockets could only be smuggled through egypt - the main mediator and the guarantor of the latest truce

4) and finally, the true winner of the gaza escalation - iran - emerged unharmed and unhindered in its ability to extend hamas' rocket ranges and accuracy and, most importantly, to divert attention from its struggling ally - syria.

that israel and its main backer (the us) agreed to these new middle east realities speaks volumes of their impotence in the face of increasing religious extremism they claim to fight but more likely feed/sustain and are responsible for.