Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 44 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-12, 19:15
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriuscat View Post
So the previous year when Contador won the toughest Giro in years then placed 5th (couple of minutes back) in a tough hilly tour, where does that stack up against Froomes second on a relatively easy Tour and 10 minute+ loss in the Vuelta???

Just thinking on relative strengths.......
So? We were talking about Froome being fatigued at the Vuelta. Obviously Contador is currently the stronger of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Afrank should be able to answer this.
Answer what? Who is better? Froome or Contador? At the moment that is Contador.

Quote:
You can read my mind too? Great, at least you got that right.
I have no idea what your talking about anymore.

Quote:
What a meaningless argument. All this goes to prove that you didn't really watch the Tour, or you missed completely stage 6 (Metz). How can you explain a beat up Gesink ends up 2 minutes behind Froome in La Vuelta? Let's make a deal: if you'd say radioactive bio hazard was sick, I'll buy it.
Valverde lost 2 minutes in Metz, not the full 40 minutes. But it doesn't matter anyways, the point was Valverde did no where near the amount of work that Froome did in the tour. Plus he was coming back from a ban and needed the racing a GT brings to get him back in form to be competitive in them. So your original point, that Valverde doing the tour then placing 2nd in the Vuleta proves Froome wasn't fatigued, is wrong.

As for Gesink: he exited on stage 12 to recovered from his injuries and got back into decent form for the Vuelta. And I will say it again Froome>>>>>>>Gesink.

And to the bolded: What? do you think I am desperately trying to come up with a reason that will please you? Sorry I'm not, Froome was fatigued at the Vuelta that is a fact accepted by everyone in cycling, in your own words "learn it"
oh and contador wasn't in top form at the Vuelta...learn that too.

Last edited by Afrank; 11-21-12 at 19:48.
Old 11-21-12, 19:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
The way he ended La Vuelta is the current Contador, that's his top form. The one we're going to see next year.
Bull****,how do you know this?Are you his fitness trainer or something
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-21-12, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Mercier View Post
The natural selection of Darwin explains that only the strongests survives. And Froome was the strongest in 2011 Vuelta and 2012 Tour. We are not talking about a gazelle. We are talking about other lion which is threatening the kingdom of the current king. And this is the nature. Or you never heart anything about the natural replace?
not the strongest surive. the fittest survive. big difference
Old 11-21-12, 20:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
And I have already proven those arguments wrong, yet you completely ignore my arguments.

According to your logic: Froome placed 2nd at the Tour while working for Wiggins but didn't use too much energy in doing so. He than went to the Vuleta where he placed 4th, 10 minutes back. How does a rider that is able to place 2nd at the tour with minimal efforts then place 10 minutes back in the Vuleta? I guess you could say Contador, Purito, and Valverde were just stronger than he was, but wait, Froome beat Valverde at the tour by 40 minutes. So much for that argument.

Here's what actually happened: Froome placed 2nd at the tour while working for Wiggins. He then went to the Vuelta as leader and was one of the big favorites to win it. It started off good with Froome hanging in there with the other contenders then it got worse and worse. And Froome lost more and more time. Eventually he fell out of contention and we didn't see him at any key moments in the race. What happened was, while placing 2nd at the tour while working for Wiggins he used too much energy. And as they got further into the Vuelta and the racing got harder his form declined. He showed a clear trend of downward moving form and fatigue.

And the reason I keep saying he was fatigued is because this isn't that complicated. There really isn't that much too it, for everybody but you this isn't even an issue.
this is what happened. now let's laugh at cineteq to see how he will try to save himself out of this
Old 11-21-12, 20:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
not the strongest surive. the fittest survive. big difference
+1

Same way that Contador was far fitter than Purito, although Purito was the strongest uphill.

EDIT: And the same can be said regarding Piti vs. Purito. Valverde is sublime in getting results without always being the strongest.
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up

Last edited by Netserk; 11-21-12 at 20:40.
Old 11-21-12, 20:44
Banned

Was Rodriguez in top shape in the Vuelta? Valverde? ) Perfectly prepared Purito wouldn't have had a crisis day on hilly stage, no?
Old 11-21-12, 21:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Was Rodriguez in top shape in the Vuelta? Valverde? ) Perfectly prepared Purito wouldn't have had a crisis day on hilly stage, no?
Cause that was the first time ever he had a bad day in a GT (which was also his strongest GT)

From 1-10 I would say that the preparation of the contenders were:
Contador: 4
Valverde: 8
Purito: 7
Froome: 3
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 11-21-12, 21:09
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
Cause that was the first time ever he had a bad day in a GT (which was also his strongest GT)

From 1-10 I would say that the preparation of the contenders were:
Contador: 4
Valverde: 8
Purito: 7
Froome: 3
According to your rates, Contador is able to beat anyone while being at 50% fit. Are you serious? I'm agree to admit lack of 1 point not more. Why do you save a myth that 'a gap between Contador and others may reduce' so tremulously? Giving Purito and Valverde 7 and 8 respectively, you call them gazelles as the Hitch did.

Last edited by airstream; 11-21-12 at 21:13.
Old 11-21-12, 21:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
According to your rates, Contador is able to beat anyone while being at 50% fit. Are you serious? I'm agree to admit lack of 1 point not more. Why do you save a myth that 'a gap between Contador and others may reduce' so tremulously? Giving Purito and Valverde 7 and 8 respectively, you call them gazelles as the Hitch did.
I think preperation and form is 2 differnt things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 11-21-12, 21:24

Form: Rodriguez 8 Valverde 7 Contador 6 Froome 3