Transfers and Rumours 2012 > 2013 - Page 335 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-12, 17:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinoviev Letter View Post
How on Earth would potentially not being invited to an event because you come from too small a market in any way indicate that you don't belong in the World Tour?

Who belongs in the World Tour is decided by (arbitrary, silly, distorting to the sport, but nevertheless known to all in advance) points criteria. Euskaltel met those criteria. And they bring more to the sport than a billion dull sprinter's teams.
Looking at their new line-up they might become one of those dull sprinter teams, and their GC leaders will become boring too, riding conservatively not wasting any unnecessary energy with attacks.
Old 11-21-12, 18:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
Looking at their new line-up they might become one of those dull sprinter teams, and their GC leaders will become boring too, riding conservatively not wasting any unnecessary energy with attacks.
Yup, sad to say it but I can see, especially with the way routes are going, guys like Igor Antón and Mikel Nieve will start riding defensively to save themselves for the TT.

Forever tête de la course.
Old 11-21-12, 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Yup, sad to say it but I can see, especially with the way routes are going, guys like Igor Antón and Mikel Nieve will start riding defensively to save themselves for the TT.
Euskaltel, the new HTC... what have you done to make God do this to you?
Old 11-21-12, 20:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Anton should make sure he is in the position to ride defensively for the TT again.
Old 11-21-12, 21:48

Nick Gates leaving Saxo-Tinkoff:

Nick Gates‏@NicholasGates1

After 2 years with @saxobanktinkoff I have decided to move on.More family time.Have never witnessed a more dedicated passionate group of people.Bjarne is simply special!The man is a visionary,great for the sport.Good Luck @saxobanktinkoff for 2013 believe me they will kick A!
Old 11-21-12, 21:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnout View Post
Anton should make sure he is in the position to ride defensively for the TT again.
Again?

10char
Old 11-21-12, 22:03

Jarosław Marycz from Saxo Tinkoff to CCC Polsat Polkowice.
Old 11-22-12, 01:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
I don't think that there's any reason to think they will become a sprinter's team, because their sprinters just aren't good enough. But if they start forcing their leaders to ride conservatively so as to defend 8th place, that will be yet another catastrophic result of the WT points system.

It's what has previously driven me nuts about Ag2r. They need points, so they have made their best riders protect point scoring placings rather then ride for stage wins. At least this year Ag2r have signed a bunch of exciting riders who can win though, whereas Euskaltel are like last year's Ag2r in signing a bunch of riders just for points.
Old 11-22-12, 09:17

https://mobile.twitter.com/sabinoang...6218582016?p=v

Sabino Angoitia
Dejando fuera a Txurruka y Velasco.Euskaltel demuestra q no tiene ni puta idea d Ciclismo.Además vais a perder un montón d Clientes.........

in leaving Txurruka and Velasco Euskaltel shows they don't understand a sh*t of cycling. and they're going to lose many clients
Old 11-22-12, 18:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimber View Post
Nick Gates leaving Saxo-Tinkoff:

Nick Gates‏@NicholasGates1

After 2 years with @saxobanktinkoff I have decided to move on.More family time.Have never witnessed a more dedicated passionate group of people.Bjarne is simply special!The man is a visionary,great for the sport.Good Luck @saxobanktinkoff for 2013 believe me they will kick A!
3 scenarios

1. Successor to Matt White as DS at GE

2. He really does simply want to spend more time with his family

3. Was the bleeped out name on 7.30 report and has decided to get out and turn himself in.

I would describe myself as being confident that the first scenario will turn out to be the correct one.