Six Day Racing - Page 4 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Track > General

General From the kilo to the hour record, if it's on the velodrome it goes in here

Old 01-16-12, 04:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by durhamwasp
i don't think we will ever see Durham with one again
That would make Icy Smith sad, I'm sure.
Old 02-15-12, 10:06

FYI, a new book about Bobby Walthour and life n the motor-paced era: http://www.podiumcafe.com/2012/2/14/...m-andrew-homan

Does anyone know of an online resource that has US results from this era? Something similar to Cycling Archives or Memoire du Cyclisme?
Old 02-15-12, 12:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbleStoner View Post
so Marvulli/Mouris are still ahead, but only 6 points in front of Schep/Stroetinga and Kiesse/Terpstra got the lap back last night so they are on the lead lap with not enough points to win so they will need to gain a lap tonight, probably looking for help from Ligthart/Bartko, should be a great end chase.

It beats me why 6 Days are not more popular. The first bike race I ever saw was a night of a 6 day that my parents took me to in Germany. I loved bikes ever since. (Had it been a spring road race and I had to stand around in the cold for hours to see the riders many only once, I probably would not have been as impressed!) But the noise and the speed of the night riding was spectacular and to be a part of in the crowd was awesome for a youngster like myself. (I am not sure if they let anyone under 18s into the 6 Days anymore?)

I've just come back from a week in England (for the 50th Anniversary
Old 10-11-12, 12:29

6-day season is finally here again, Amsterdam starts on Monday Oct 15. Iljo and Niki are teamed up again to defend the title, with some stiff comp from world champs Kenny DeKettle and Gys Hoeck (?spelling), and Wim Stoetinga just won the last Belgian semi classic on tues so he is in good form also. can't wait, got my tickets
Old 10-18-12, 08:09

Amsterdam Six: 3 days down, 3 to go. Morkov and Ligthart started strong, lead the first two nights, Stoetinga and Schep got the lap back they needed and with Stroetinga's sprint and Scheps experience, they have the lead now. Iljo and Nikki are slowly wearing everybody down and will attempt to get a few laps in the next 3 nights. the world champs are still in there, 1 lap down, but not looking strong enough for a win, maybe podium.

Last edited by CobbleStoner; 10-18-12 at 08:14.
Old 10-21-12, 07:12

congrats to Morkov and Ligthart for winning the 2012 Zesdaagse van Amsterdam. they managed to stay with Iljo and Niki to get the extra lap and were ahead on points.
Old 10-22-12, 14:43

Tuesday was the first time I ever went to a sixday, and I really loved it. Been following more of track cycling since ive been to some days of the world and european championships in Apeldoorn last year, and cant believe I´ve missed the sixdays so far. Too bad I had to work all other night or I´d certainly had been some other nights as well. Great that Morkov and Ligthart won. Espescially Morkov really impressed me tuesday, recall a moment that he was attacking and refused the ´aflossing´, sorry cant think of the english term, and just kept going. Impressive stuff...[/I]
Old 11-02-12, 23:59

3 weeks today i'll be in Gent for the Sixes, still looks like the final line up hasnt been announced, when can we expect it - 1 week before?
Old 11-21-12, 08:47

going down to Gent today, will be at 't Kuipke tonight, and cafe de Karper after. go Iljo!
Old 11-21-12, 22:48

Anybody got tickets for Saturday? We're sending a raiding party over from Kent to Koksjide then on to Gent in the evening for the 6.