Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 45 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-12, 21:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
According to your rates, Contador is able to beat anyone while being at 50% fit. Are you serious? I'm agree to admit lack of 1 point not more. Why do you save a myth that 'a gap between Contador and others may reduce' so tremulously? Giving Purito and Valverde 7 and 8 respectively, you call them gazelles as the Hitch did.
The points weren't based on their performances in the Vuelta, but in their racing program before.

Valverde had an intense early season from Jan-Mar, but showed in the Ardennes that he was far from his top level. After that he had a pause (well deserved) before racing Suisse were he helped Costa win. He then went to the Tour for GC, but an early crash and time lost, meant that it was out of the question. He then saved himself for a stage win (again well deserved). Back in time racing a GT as warm up (not going for GC) has showed to be a very effective, when one was in need of race days (which Valverde was because of his ban, which is also why I don't think he could top 5 the Tour without crashes). As an example see Menchov in '07. Helping MR, but not going all out. He was in great shape for the Vuelta.

I will give you a similar reason for the three others tomorrow as I am going to bed now
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 11-21-12, 21:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
I think preperation and form is 2 differnt things
Indeed. And my points was regarding the former.
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 11-21-12, 22:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Bull****,how do you know this?Are you his fitness trainer or something
No, I'm not. I just happen to be a very observant person, c'est tout. Glad you quoted it for posterity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post

As for Gesink: he exited on stage 12 to recovered from his injuries and got back into decent form for the Vuelta. And I will say it again Froome>>>>>>>Gesink.

And to the bolded: What? do you think I am desperately trying to come up with a reason that will please you? Sorry I'm not, Froome was fatigued at the Vuelta that is a fact accepted by everyone in cycling, in your own words "learn it"
oh and contador wasn't in top form at the Vuelta...learn that too.
LOL!!! Good sense of humor. Now, back to your logic. 'Fatigued' (whatever that means) Froome >>>>>>> Beatup Gesink [2 minutes difference]. Houston we have a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
And what was Tour 2009? And Giro 2011? Wait I already know your explanation, it doesn't belong in this sub forum.
I'm talking about his age. He's not a kid anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
this is what happened. now let's laugh at cineteq to see how he will try to save himself out of this
I'm safe and sound, you're late to the party brother.

Last edited by cineteq; 11-21-12 at 22:30.
Old 11-21-12, 22:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
No, I'm not. I just happen to be a very observant person, c'est tout. Glad you quoted for posterity.

LOL!!! Good sense of humor. Now, back to your logic. 'Fatigued' (whatever that means) Froome >>>>>>> Beatup Gesink [2 minutes difference]. Houston we have a problem.

I'm safe and sound, you're late to the party brother.
Strange definition of "kid" you have.
Old 11-21-12, 22:59
Administrator

Quote:
So you can't figure out a way to prove Froome wasn't fatigued so you laugh at what I say and try to make it sound like the word fatigued isn't a word .

you keep say "Froome, Gesink, 2 minutes" but you don't provide any explanation of how this is suppose to prove Froome wasn't fatigued. Do you think Gesink is stronger than Froome? Or Gesink wouldn't have lost to a fatigued Froome? Or that Froomes gap to Gesink would have been smaller if he was fatigued? What?

Quote:
29 isn't that old.
Old 11-21-12, 23:19

Quote:
you keep say "Froome, Gesink, 2 minutes" but you don't provide any explanation of how this is suppose to prove Froome wasn't fatigued. Do you think Gesink is stronger than Froome? Or Gesink wouldn't have lost to a fatigued Froome? Or that Froomes gap to Gesink would have been smaller if he was fatigued? What?
I'm not trying to prove anything, you're the one saying Froome >>>>>>> Gesing, not me. Your math doesn't add up, that's all. It's contradictory because Froome just finished 2 min. better that Gesink which was all beat up from the Tour, that's the issue I have. If you're going to say that, at least back it up. So far you've failed to do it.
Old 11-21-12, 23:37
Administrator

Quote:
I'm not trying to prove anything, you're the one saying Froome >>>>>>> Gesing, not me. Your math doesn't add up, that's all. It's contradictory because Froome just finished 2 min. better that Gesink which was all beat up from the Tour, that's the issue I have. If you're going to say that, at least back it up. So far you've failed to do it.
I get the feeling that you are intentionally trying to make your posts as confusing as possible. The math of Froome being better than Gesink doesn't add up? The Vuelta (as well as many other races) shows Froome is the stronger (when has Gesink podiumed in a GT?), even when tired and fatigued. You are the one who used Gesink finishing 2 minutes back of Froome in the Vuelta as proof that Froome wasn't fatigued; yet you still do not explain why or how it proves that.
Old 11-22-12, 00:49

Quote:
Froome does seem to the rational mind to indeed be a superior rider to Gesink.

Dont know why its such a big problem for you to see that.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-22-12, 00:59

Quote:

I stated that Contador's lack of race legs would hurt him, and I also said do not expect the Contador of 2011 Giro. And I called it right, as he almost lost the Vuelta. Oh wait...I told you so, is it starting to sound familiar?
lol at this Stalin like attempt at revising history. Just cut out the face with scissors and glue something else in.

This is what you actually said

Quote:
This is not a Contador thread, LOL.

Seriously, I can't believe the lack of common sense I'm observing here. A guy who hasn't been competing for that long is now the overwhelming favorite to win??? A quick reminder, what happened in his latest GT before he was sent to the basement?

As for Froome, sorry I can only talk about him in the pharma forum. He doesn't count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcampbell View Post
Everyone knows that you hate him, so you don't need to be angry. If it hurts your feelings, that he has got the most votes, than you should stop watch cycling, I think
Quote:
Have you seen TdF 2011? That's your reference.
Quote:
Yes I do, I think Purito or Robert have a chance of winning this. I'm no sheep, who vote for riders because you read it in a magazine, saw the odds or even fear his peers are not going to talk to them anymore.

This is a good gem

Quote:
Just use common sense, see Tour 2011. Are you one of those posters who's going to to excuse him for being tired from the Giro, or that he wasn't in top form, or that he was injured and blah, blah, blah?

No magic 100% accurate prediction about Contador starting off slow then hitting top form as you now claim but outright dismissal of Contadors chances and predicting he would bomb like tour 2011.

Thankfully no one believes your bull**** anyway.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.

Last edited by The Hitch; 11-22-12 at 01:02.
Old 11-22-12, 01:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
wait so if you said back then that the lack of racing would hurt him, why do you now say he was in top form? consistency much?
Quote:
The way he ended La Vuelta is the current Contador, that's his top form. The one we're going to see next year.

Funny. What really happened was you repeatedly made clear Contador could not win because he was "undertrained"

Quote:

As yours truly, Anton thinks Contador doesn't have racing legs/undertrained and he's going to pay for it:

Quote:
So Contador can't gift away stages to his rivals
Quote:
How can he do that if he's undertrained?