Sky - Page 891 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-21-12, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
100s of tests all of them clean. What else can be done? How do you prove a negative?
Well that's the problem with people like you and many others in the clinic. It's just so easy for you to call everyone a doper because it's very difficult to prove a negative. If they do eventually test positive you carry on like you're cycling Nostradamus and give yourself a high five every 2 seconds. If they don't test positive nor have been caught up and proven to be involved in a doping investigation you just say "the tests can be beaten" and rattle off a bunch of admitted dopers who didn't test positive. In the event of the latter, you still high five yourself and act as if you are still 100% correct but in actual fact you're just full of sh!t.

Calls for publishing power data is akin to asking a corporation to release IP information. That isn't a sign of non-transparency IMO because it can give away valuable information to you competitors. Calls for publishing biopassport data are meaningless and not revealing that data also isn't a sign of non-transparency because the biopassport data already gets reviewed by an independent panel of experts. Allowing the lay public to view that data won't achieve anything because the lay public doesn't know how to analyse biopassport data since they are not experts. The problem doesn't reside with the teams being non-transparent, it resides with the UCI, who as we know are corrupt.

What needs to happen is that the process of sanctioning riders on the basis of biopassport data must not be left in the hands of the UCI. Those riders who are deemed positive by an independent panel should have a ban put in place by some other body such as WADA, and the UCI must comply with that ban or face expulsion from the olympics or some other consequence such as the formation of breakaway leagues that support "clean cycling" and do comply with WADA.
Old 11-21-12, 22:43

Come on Krebs. Call me a liar then ignore the post seems very suspect. Why did you delete this post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebs cycle View Post
I don't recall deleting any post about MAOD. You're just making up a lie and repeating it over and over. Pretty much what you always do. If you want me to clarify something about MAOD just ask and I'll give you a straight up answer.
Given I have already quoted the deleted post and linked to a post quoting the deleted post previously, your personal attack - yet again - on my honesty seems very suspect.

Here are the pertinent details, yet again, for you to perhaps refresh your memory:

It's the post that has been part-quoted here: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpos...postcount=3709

Quote:
Don't jump on the bandwagon dude. You evidently know more about physiology than some of the trolls around here, but you made some assumptions in your post earlier that were incorrect, specifically the bit about high VO2max and high % type II fibres. Learn and understand what MAOD is first then read the following.....
Old 11-21-12, 22:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbins View Post
If what I have heard Vinnicombe allege in the past comes out, the whole BC program would be in the spotlight. Again it all comes down to here say though and I'm not sure if he's a great witness. Combine that with the Sky setup, there are some dubious people involved in that and the entire set up looks questionable. I'm not sure how widely knows the whole story is and it's in no ones best interests to come forward. Unless they want out of the sport completely.
MV was Mr May, 1993 Australian Women's Forum. Wearing emperors clothes.
Old 11-21-12, 23:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
Come on Krebs. Call me a liar then ignore the post seems very suspect. Why did you delete this post?
Maybe if you can tell me what the hell it was in the post that I supposedly deleted I can help you. Until then, I've got no idea what you're crapping on about, and I still don't recall deleting a post about MAOD. Regardless, you're just flogging a dead horse anyway because on many occasions I have clarified my position which is supported by the scientific literature.

Quote:
Given I have already quoted the deleted post and linked to a post quoting the deleted post previously, your personal attack - yet again - on my honesty seems very suspect.

Here are the pertinent details, yet again, for you to perhaps refresh your memory:

It's the post that has been part-quoted here: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpos...postcount=3709
That post says nothing. Where is the bit that I supposedly deleted?

And for the record I'm attacking your knowledge of science and physiology, not you personally. Don't cry about it because you are quite the personal insult troll yourself aren't you? It's not enough just to insult my anonymous online persona (which I really couldn't care less about), you had to go digging around trying to figure out my real name and now you have started attacking me personally. It's really quite pathetic that you had to stoop to such bottom feeder depths. Whatever it is you think you know about me personally I can assure you that your information is outdated and like many other topics, you are just plain wrong.
Old 11-21-12, 23:46

Sky on implementing anti-doping policy:

"I dont think the process will ever conclude, a team spokesperson told Cyclingnews."

On No...another 895 pages to come!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-12, 00:03
Banned

Quote:
Well that's the problem with people like you and many others in the clinic. It's just so easy for you to call everyone a doper because it's very difficult to prove a negative. If they do eventually test positive you carry on like you're cycling Nostradamus and give yourself a high five every 2 seconds. If they don't test positive nor have been caught up and proven to be involved in a doping investigation you just say "the tests can be beaten" and rattle off a bunch of admitted dopers who didn't test positive. In the event of the latter, you still high five yourself and act as if you are still 100% correct but in actual fact you're just full of sh!t.

Calls for publishing power data is akin to asking a corporation to release IP information. That isn't a sign of non-transparency IMO because it can give away valuable information to you competitors. Calls for publishing biopassport data are meaningless and not revealing that data also isn't a sign of non-transparency because the biopassport data already gets reviewed by an independent panel of experts. Allowing the lay public to view that data won't achieve anything because the lay public doesn't know how to analyse biopassport data since they are not experts. The problem doesn't reside with the teams being non-transparent, it resides with the UCI, who as we know are corrupt.

What needs to happen is that the process of sanctioning riders on the basis of biopassport data must not be left in the hands of the UCI. Those riders who are deemed positive by an independent panel should have a ban put in place by some other body such as WADA, and the UCI must comply with that ban or face expulsion from the olympics or some other consequence such as the formation of breakaway leagues that support "clean cycling" and do comply with WADA.
I don't what you say. No one on Sky has ever tested positive. Ever. Period. Without doubt. No re-runs, do-ins, love-ins.

Clean.
Old 11-22-12, 00:45
Administrator

Krebs, I've not seen evidence of this but if true not good. Can you post any links I have missed:
It's not enough just to insult my anonymous online persona (which I really couldn't care less about), you had to go digging around trying to figure out my real name and now you have started attacking me personally. It's really quite pathetic that you had to stoop to such bottom feeder depths.
Old 11-22-12, 00:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman View Post
Krebs, I've not seen evidence of this but if true not good. Can you post any links I have missed:
It's not enough just to insult my anonymous online persona (which I really couldn't care less about), you had to go digging around trying to figure out my real name and now you have started attacking me personally. It's really quite pathetic that you had to stoop to such bottom feeder depths.
He can't, because it's not true. I've only ever repeated what he has posted himself - he worked at the AIS/SAS/SIS, has been a lecturer for 2 years and has a PhD in something - he even posted a picture of his PhD certificate.

ETA: here's a summary of Krebs Cycle posts outlining his experience and work history: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpos...&postcount=445

Quote:

There happy now? Anyone who knows anything about altitude training in Australia knows that the altitude chamber is located in the Dept of Physiology at the AIS. where do you think Ashenden did his PhD and those EPO studies were carried out?

Last edited by Dear Wiggo; 11-22-12 at 01:12.
Old 11-22-12, 01:23

Stop debating the poster, debate if you must the post content. Some posts have been deleted.
Old 11-22-12, 01:35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_flanders View Post
Stop debating the poster, debate if you must the post content. Some posts have been deleted.
I questioned the content of their remarks - post, not poster.

You deleted the post where the person admitted they had actually no idea if Krebs had deleted their post, or a mod.
Yet you the post in question that says Krebs deleted their post?