Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 46 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #451  
Old 11-22-12, 01:21
cineteq's Avatar
cineteq cineteq is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 6,656
Default

Hitch, you must be infatuated with me, holy cow you have so much time in your hands. The funny thing is that you did it for nothing.

I can stand by my comments since they're consistent with I've been saying along, no problem, but can you admit your mistakes? Nope, you always hide behind the rock.

PS: How old are you btw?
__________________
Quote:
Ban team radios!

Last edited by cineteq; 11-22-12 at 01:25.
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 11-22-12, 01:29
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 22,810
Default

Lol the old- oh you are obsessed, argument as if you didn't know what Google was.

You are on record attacking people.for voting that they think contador would win

Yet now you claim you knew contador would win all along.

Consistency? If you say so
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 11-22-12, 01:37
cineteq's Avatar
cineteq cineteq is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 6,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
You are on record attacking people.for voting that they think contador would win

Yet now you claim you knew contador would win all along.

Consistency? If you say so
Now, you're posting nonsense. Did I hit a nerve Hitchie? You're infatuated with me, aren't you? Are you going to be man enough to answer those questions?

PS: how old are you again?
__________________
Quote:
Ban team radios!
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 11-22-12, 04:28
Parrulo's Avatar
Parrulo Parrulo is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,940
Default

ok cineteq this is just reaching trolling levels now. . .

hitch clearly proved your lack of consistency so if you keep up your trolling you will have to get a warning.

and no, pulling the "oh eh is a mod and is abusing his power because i disagree with him" argument won't work here.
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 11-22-12, 05:15
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

I wonder then how we might estimate Basso's fit say in the 2009 Giro. Apparently, 1. And he never could reach more than 5 compared to his pre-suspension level..
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 11-22-12, 05:35
cineteq's Avatar
cineteq cineteq is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 6,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
ok cineteq this is just reaching trolling levels now. . .

hitch clearly proved your lack of consistency so if you keep up your trolling you will have to get a warning.

and no, pulling the "oh eh is a mod and is abusing his power because i disagree with him" argument won't work here.
Dear Parrulo,

Your buddy Hitch has proven nothing. All he's done is quote a bunch of stuff, must of the time out of context, for his convenience. Yet the essence of what it was quoted I stand for.

What I stated was my own opinion. Right or wrong is my opinion. I am entitled to my opinion. Last time I checked this was called a Forum.

If you have a personal vendetta because I called you out few times in the past for your behavior as a moderator, fine. As you know, there is a thread in the clinic (unless it's been deleted) where your behaviour was discussed by other posters and yours truly. Btw, we waited for you to participate but you never replied to our comments. Did you get a warning for that?

If you decide to call me troll and yet you decide to ignore (selectively) the Hitch's abuse to others, fine.

Do what you have to do. And I'll do what I need to do.

Over, and out.
__________________
Quote:
Ban team radios!

Last edited by cineteq; 11-22-12 at 05:43.
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Old 11-22-12, 05:56
movingtarget movingtarget is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
According to your rates, Contador is able to beat anyone while being at 50% fit. Are you serious? I'm agree to admit lack of 1 point not more. Why do you save a myth that 'a gap between Contador and others may reduce' so tremulously? Giving Purito and Valverde 7 and 8 respectively, you call them gazelles as the Hitch did.
There is no doubt that Valverde and Contador would have been training the house down while they were suspended. Valverde had much more time to prepare for the Vuelta than Contador who went into the race with a very light racing schedule but was probably hoping to use the first week to accelerate his fitness and he struggled but hung in there. I honestly thought Rodriguez had the race won but I think often it is the psychology that makes great riders especially where the physical attributes of riders are so similar. When Contador attacked on the deciding stage Rodriguez and his team had no answer, mentally and physically. They were caught completely off guard. What he did was something Eddy Merckx used to do. The legendary stories about him attacking from the beginning of a stage after being dropped the previous day. This is what makes riders like Contador so great. They are willing to take big risks to win and they hate to lose. Hinault was the same. Would Valverde or Rodriguez have tried the same tactic ? No. They would have ridden for a podium place. The question I have about the Vuelta result is how good were Valverde and Rodriguez and how much improvement did Contador have ? I could be wrong but maybe Rodriguez and Valverde who pushed Contador were not as good as we thought. Either way, Contador with a full preparation will have other riders worried after what they saw in the Vuelta. I don't believe anyone is unbeatable but it will be interesting to see what price bookmakers will have for Contador before the Tour. Lots of questions should be answered in the next Tour regarding comparisons between riders. Would have been even more interesting if Wiggins was there as well instead of riding the Giro.
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old 11-22-12, 11:00
Parrulo's Avatar
Parrulo Parrulo is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Dear Parrulo,

Your buddy Hitch has proven nothing. All he's done is quote a bunch of stuff, must of the time out of context, for his convenience. Yet the essence of what it was quoted I stand for.

What I stated was my own opinion. Right or wrong is my opinion. I am entitled to my opinion. Last time I checked this was called a Forum.

If you have a personal vendetta because I called you out few times in the past for your behavior as a moderator, fine. As you know, there is a thread in the clinic (unless it's been deleted) where your behaviour was discussed by other posters and yours truly. Btw, we waited for you to participate but you never replied to our comments. Did you get a warning for that?

If you decide to call me troll and yet you decide to ignore (selectively) the Hitch's abuse to others, fine.

Do what you have to do. And I'll do what I need to do.

Over, and out.
hitch isn't my buddy, we have disagreed many times in the past and i think his posting style has been way too condescending for a while now, but his quotes aren't out of context , his quotes show that you have been changing your argument to the most suited to disagree with contador fans for a while now, just like airstream has done by switching his support from andy schleck (who apparently sucks now according to him when 6 months ago he was "the boss") to froome. those are clear signs of trolling. the fact that you are yet to provide evidence to back up your claims is another sign.

also if you have anything to add on my moderation do it on the appropriate thread on the about the forum section and wait for an admin to reply to your complains as talking to me won't change much.
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old 11-22-12, 11:29
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 22,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Dear Parrulo,

Your buddy Hitch has proven nothing. All he's done is quote a bunch of stuff, must of the time out of context, for his convenience. Yet the essence of what it was quoted I stand for.

What I stated was my own opinion. Right or wrong is my opinion. I am entitled to my opinion. Last time I checked this was called a Forum.

If you have a personal vendetta because I called you out few times in the past for your behavior as a moderator, fine. As you know, there is a thread in the clinic (unless it's been deleted) where your behaviour was discussed by other posters and yours truly. Btw, we waited for you to participate but you never replied to our comments. Did you get a warning for that?

If you decide to call me troll and yet you decide to ignore (selectively) the Hitch's abuse to others, fine.

Do what you have to do. And I'll do what I need to do.

Over, and out.
Its a nice tactic to try and isolate the opposition and now.claim that it is just the big bad hitch getting his panties in a twist over innocent cineteq.

To extent i admire the strategy.

But the reality is the over the last 4 or.5 pages netserk, parullo, la florecita, afrank, ferminal ryo hazuki have all openly challenged your postings. And at least 3 of us seem.to think the letters t-r-o-l-l perfectly describe your behaviour. Others seem.to have held back.from.using the t word.thanks to better manners.

But the reality is its not you vs the hitch. Its you vs over half the posters that have posted.on the thread in.the last 2 days.

Ps i find the way you launched a personal war on parullo after he called you out. Pathetic.
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.

Last edited by The Hitch; 11-22-12 at 11:49.
Reply With Quote
  #460  
Old 11-22-12, 12:23
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
There is no doubt that Valverde and Contador would have been training the house down while they were suspended. Valverde had much more time to prepare for the Vuelta than Contador who went into the race with a very light racing schedule but was probably hoping to use the first week to accelerate his fitness and he struggled but hung in there. I honestly thought Rodriguez had the race won but I think often it is the psychology that makes great riders especially where the physical attributes of riders are so similar. When Contador attacked on the deciding stage Rodriguez and his team had no answer, mentally and physically. They were caught completely off guard. What he did was something Eddy Merckx used to do. The legendary stories about him attacking from the beginning of a stage after being dropped the previous day. This is what makes riders like Contador so great. They are willing to take big risks to win and they hate to lose. Hinault was the same. Would Valverde or Rodriguez have tried the same tactic ? No. They would have ridden for a podium place. The question I have about the Vuelta result is how good were Valverde and Rodriguez and how much improvement did Contador have ? I could be wrong but maybe Rodriguez and Valverde who pushed Contador were not as good as we thought. Either way, Contador with a full preparation will have other riders worried after what they saw in the Vuelta. I don't believe anyone is unbeatable but it will be interesting to see what price bookmakers will have for Contador before the Tour. Lots of questions should be answered in the next Tour regarding comparisons between riders. Would have been even more interesting if Wiggins was there as well instead of riding the Giro.
Probably I believe Hamilton too much but riding a GT can not affect on subsequent races very good. Penalty is inevitable to a certain degree even if the 1st GT is ridden in a resort mode. So Valverde amazed me. Sastre was quite mediocre in the 2008 Vuelta, finishing the third at the expense of stability and Mosquera's inability to TT. In 2010, Rodriguez was harshly flipped on Pal and later only lost in 3rd week. IMO, Valverde rode the Vuelta better than in 2003 and even 2009. Seemingly he could have won if hadn't lost 1 min on flat without rhyme or reason. Nobody belittles greatness of Contador's riding on that hilly stage, but I dont see any stages where Purito might have gained back the leadership given his far narrower range of skills and weak team. But Wiggins is able to play a role of a key domestique even after the Giro.

Anyway, neither Sky nor Saxo [btw, they still can not be invited] can have a team like RSNT. With a leader like Andy Shack will be a different team!

Last edited by airstream; 11-22-12 at 12:32.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.