Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012) - Page 250 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-21-12, 21:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterRider View Post
I thought this was just the australian news show rebranded as a 5th estate doc, ie no work at all by the CBC except to hit the play button.

If anyone knows if this is more then I'll watch it, but I'm pretty sure we've (in the Clinic, not all Canadians) all seen this by now.
Sorry, my bad. Confused with another link.

Last edited by Fortyninefourteen; 11-21-12 at 22:26. Reason: error
Old 11-21-12, 21:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterRider View Post
I thought this was just the australian news show rebranded as a 5th estate doc, ie no work at all by the CBC except to hit the play button.

If anyone knows if this is more then I'll watch it, but I'm pretty sure we've (in the Clinic, not all Canadians) all seen this by now.
You may be right, I have not seen the Aussie 'issue'. If you are right..."CBC gets 1/2 marks for journalistic work", but I will still watch it.

I will look for the credits at the end of the episode and see if it references Oz.
NW
Old 11-21-12, 21:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortyninefourteen View Post
Nothing on LA. Doping in track and field with some interesting comments from Don Catlin.
When I saw the preview It had D. Walsh (who I haven't seen speak) and Tyler (with different hair product) and Betsy...to me it looked different, but again I didn't see the 4 corners or Aussie report (was it called 4 corners?)
NW
Old 11-21-12, 22:21

Default world according to lance armstrong

Turkey day you can watch LA get roasted on CNN starring Betsy Andreu.This is a must watch and the VERY best is at the end as only lance can say so well
Old 11-21-12, 22:36

Also starring Phil Liggett, Stephen Swart,Jeffrey Tillotson,Dr Michael Ashenden and many others.WAKE UP this showed last week and no replys
Old 11-21-12, 23:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban attacker View Post
Also starring Phil Liggett, Stephen Swart,Jeffrey Tillotson,Dr Michael Ashenden and many others.WAKE UP this showed last week and no replys
Link?
Old 11-22-12, 05:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChingon View Post
Link?
on at 12 7 and 10 pm austin time no link sorry
Old 11-22-12, 09:47

There was a great moment on BBC Radio 5 yesterday afternoon with a caller talking about people cheating at on-line scrabble. It was a pretty dull call and the presenters didn't seem particularly interested - until he dropped the LA-bomb: "These people are the Lance Armstrongs of parlour games!" And that one line shot him up to win the best caller of the segment.

Poor old Lance, even his name is now a synonym for liar and cynical cheat to the general public.
Old 11-22-12, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO2 Max View Post
There was a great moment on BBC Radio 5 yesterday afternoon with a caller talking about people cheating at on-line scrabble. It was a pretty dull call and the presenters didn't seem particularly interested - until he dropped the LA-bomb: "These people are the Lance Armstrongs of parlour games!" And that one line shot him up to win the best caller of the segment.

Poor old Lance, even his name is now a synonym for liar and cynical cheat to the general public.
Yep I've heard it as well.

In the legal context I heard another say "They're trying to Lance Armstrong us" meaning they were trying to bully us with a frivolous law suit.

Cheating ba5tard.
Old 11-22-12, 10:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Yep I've heard it as well.

In the legal context I heard another say "They're trying to Lance Armstrong us" meaning they were trying to bully us with a frivolous law suit.

Cheating ba5tard.
"Pulling a Lance" is set to become a more universal phrase than "to smurf". It applies to all activities of the dark side. A miniature version of religion, polictics, and economics since WWII. Yellow and black will go back it it's original meanings "wasp, will sting" and "nuclear radiation, stay well clear".

Last edited by Cloxxki; 11-22-12 at 10:52.